Charlie and the Nature Factory [Warning: Stunningly Beautiful Large Photo Images]

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I hope we don't get SK eaten asking for all these pictures.:D
I had a brainstorm in which I'd approach Haggisaurus in an inflatable raft so I could get better shots of him. I'd sneak up on him while he was asleep, take a few pictures, then float away to safety.

What could possibly go wrong? I asked myself.

After further consideration, I abandoned that idea. Now I'm working on an approach that includes a snorkel, swim fins, a waterproof camera and hiding among lily pads.

One way or another, I'm determined to get close-up shots of that gator!

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe SK should go visit the Gator Boys, and they can show him how to get close for a good shot of the gator's pearly whites?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc_A6kVvdlE&ob=av3e
Ooohhh, he's so cute. I just want to hug him and squeeze him, and call him George. :heart: I'm talking about the gator of course.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe you could buy an alligator suit/costume, get inside it and swim up next to Charlie and his friends.
But what if they mistake me for a gatoress and try to jump my bones for more than just a quick lunch?
Maybe SK should go visit the Gator Boys, and they can show him how to get close for a good shot of the gator's pearly whites?

Ooohhh, he's so cute. I just want to hug him and squeeze him, and call him George. :heart: I'm talking about the gator of course.
DAMN! That makes my raft and snorkel ideas seem tame by comparison...

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
DAMN! That makes my raft and snorkel ideas seem tame by comparison...

He just carried that gator out of the pool like it was a baby doll. I totally want his job.
Except, maybe, with smaller gators. :D

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Well, then you'll know what it's like to make love to an alligator.
That comment produced a strong visual and a very unpleasant physical sensation that I can't seem to shake at the moment.

He just carried that gator out of the pool like it was a baby doll...
Before that, though, he was nearly injured a couple of times. It was apparent by his reactions that he was surprised and somewhat fearful for a few moments, as he probably knew that he'd dodged those jaws by sheer luck and reflexive prowess alone.

He's still a bad-ass, of course, far braver than I'd ever be around an alligator of that size in such tight quarters.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score

Whoa! That's unbelievable.

I was gonna insist on these guys accompanying SK, but teh Gator Boys might be better.

Nah.

:D

swamp-people.png

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Before I looked at the Youtube video, I thought maybe the Gator Boys was the name of a musical band.

Now that I've looked at it, wow! Carrying an alligator out of a pool. What really amazed me was that he didn't have his legs or hands covered. I think I'd be wearing some heavy gloves, at least.

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
I was gonna insist on these guys accompanying SK,

Bad, dog, bad. :e2fight:

It was apparent by his reactions that he was surprised and somewhat fearful for a few moments, as he probably knew that he'd dodged those jaws by sheer luck and reflexive prowess alone.

He's still a bad-ass, of course, far braver than I'd ever be around an alligator of that size in such tight quarters.

I think that man lives on adrenaline alone.

Heh. I was catching reptiles at least as long as the Gator Boys have been. They were just . . . smaller. And had less teeth.

Me, sometime in the mid-80's. :tongue
scan0014m.jpg

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
...I was gonna insist on these guys accompanying SK, but teh Gator Boys might be better.

Nah.

:D
Those two characters appear more menacing than any alligator I've ever encountered...
...Me, sometime in the mid-80's. :tongue
Very cool shot! You appear to have such a gentle touch that belies the animal you're handling. :)

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Very cool shot! You appear to have such a gentle touch that belies the animal you're handling. :)

:) They didn't tend to get defensive if they didn't feel restrained. Hand over hand until they calmed down, and then I could get a good look at them. But occasionally one would get wise to that trick, and detour up my arm.

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Garter snake. They're cool little snakes. :)

Wicked, I think we would have been buddies in our youth. I used to carry around garter snakes all the time, and painted turtles and frogs and various other critters.

That guy holding the gator like a baby reminds me of those colicky newborn days....