XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Comics. My parents were just asking me what I wanted done with my comics that have been sitting in a closet in there place for the last 20 years.

I have no clue what to do with them. It's all late 80s early 90s Marvel stuff. Not the really cool stuff that you guys are talking about. I led a sheltered life back then.

BTW. Congrats Zanz!

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Guess who's scheduled to puppysit for the whole first week of June? BOOOYAH!

Owner is a Buddhist lady who likes to be close to nature and shizz, so I'll be living in a relatively rural and heavily forested area for eight days. Woot! And I'm between jobs, so the bit of money I'll make will make a big difference.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
hello! **

so tired... but old apartment is now old apartment. I handed over my keys. Goodbye chain around my neck.

And came home to get my mail. I just told the IRS and Cal Tax Board where I am, and the Cal Tax Board wants a whole bunch of money. I am still paying for a too-hastily filed tax report and a bank snafu from a few years ago. Sigh.

I'm not gonna freak out. I'm gonna try and do a payment plan... or I might be able to pay it all back if I get a lot of money back on my deposit. Goodbye couch. Goodbye fancy dishes. But I will not be put in the pokey. And that's ok by me.

Last edited:

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
snip

I was also contemplating what happens to the minature time machine in the HG Wells story, the one the time traveller uses to demonstrate his idea to all his other guests.

I think they sold that on ebay... :)*

Big bang Theory Reference!

Story idea alert! Story idea alert!

Actually, this can be a prompt. :D

I got one of those today. It's amazing how an idea comes... I've had this email I sent myself forever with a snip of an idea. I don't know if you could call it an idea, something my mind's eye misunderstood and I sent myself an email to remember it. Then today, I saw the name of the email and all of a sudden, there's the story the idea goes into, not complete, but enough to start writing notes up, and it has layers, substance, theme, symbolism, all that good sh#$.

So exciting when that happens.

And I'm not leaving the apartment for the next 3 days. So glad I have Friday off.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
I got one of those today. It's amazing how an idea comes... I've had this email I sent myself forever with a snip of an idea. I don't know if you could call it an idea, something my mind's eye misunderstood and I sent myself an email to remember it. Then today, I saw the name of the email and all of a sudden, there's the story the idea goes into, not complete, but enough to start writing notes up, and it has layers, substance, theme, symbolism, all that good sh#$.

And I'm not leaving the apartment for the next 3 days. So glad I have Friday off.

Woohoo! That is exciting! :D

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Just so you don't have to find room for everything you would want to have.

*waves Metal Hurlant in CM's direction*

"Come to the dark side, Luke..."

Yay, Euro-Comics of questionable nature. I'm surprised no one's mentioned Serpieri yet.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I always feel at a loss when the conversation turns to comics. I read a few EC comics when I was a kid, and went on a two week DC binge in my mid twenties. But beyond that, I've never been one for comics. Like the idea, not willing to lay out the bucks.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
IMO, the BTVS season 8 and 9 are not worth the paper they're printed on. OCC characters, WTF storylines.....it's worse than crack!fic fanfiction. If you just want to read them, there are free scans all over the place, though they should come with a warning about making your brain bleed.

<--part of the BTVS online comm. since '99.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
I think they sold that on ebay... :)*

Big bang Theory Reference!

Yay! May the muse be with you.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
IMO, the BTVS season 8 and 9 are not worth the paper they're printed on. OCC characters, WTF storylines.....it's worse than crack!fic fanfiction. If you just want to read them, there are free scans all over the place, though they should come with a warning about making your brain bleed.

<--part of the BTVS online comm. since '99.

:e2cry:

Oh well, better I find out now rather than after I paid 50$ for them. I'll just wait a few months and get them used. I found the 1st omnibus cheap on amazon with nearly no damage and very cheap.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Greetings cantinas :Sun:

It rainz.

I drink tea.

Himself is outside building log storage.

I am inside decluttering yet more computer files. I'm sure if these things were physical objects in front of me I would have sorted tham ot far sooner. Computers are bad for those with a pack rat mentality. *Wonders exactly what rats pack*

Last edited:

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
Mooooorning. It is sunny here, and hot, and I forgot to pick up my birthday-cake-to-share-with-co-workers from the café this morning. :rolleyes:

Methinks I need to start drinking coffee upon waking up so the caffeine will hit while I'm still getting ready for work. :D

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
:e2cry:

Oh well, better I find out now rather than after I paid 50$ for them. I'll just wait a few months and get them used. I found the 1st omnibus cheap on amazon with nearly no damage and very cheap.

Yeah, it's disappointing for fans, truly. A lot of people stopped reading so they wouldn't be mad at every issue. Others read for free just to have something in fandom still to talk about. Season 9 started out like they might be trying to fix what they did in season 8, then went to WTF-ville again by issue 9. Considering all he's done to the poor girl by now, I'd think Joss hates Buffy.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
In local news...

A minor Japanese celebrity is making the headlines. He has been caught dating two women at the same time and being engaged to both of them. I feel for the women involved, one a celebrity cook the other a national super model.

I have no sympathy for the guy involved. Beyond the sheer shittiness of doing that kind of thing, he was just plain stupid.

1. He is a celebrity. People pay attention.
2. Both women are also celebrities. People pay attention to them as well.
3. The women are friends with each other.

I really, really don't understand how he thought he could pull this one off. I am amazed he pulled it off for as long as he did. But Japanese folks tend not to talk about their personal life much. One cynical part of me wants to believe that this is some kind of publicity stunt for one or more of the individuals involved but I just can't do it. That would require a level of imagination that I can't imagine in the recent Japanese celebrity world.

This is because we are just now getting over the "BakaKawaii" fad. Bakakawaii = stupid but cute, or, so stupid they are cute.

For those who don't know, the Japanese celebrity world looks something like the American TV celebrity world from the 60s or early 70s, before the sitcoms took over.

Lots of variety shows and comedians/singers/whatever who go from show to show throughout the week.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Is it Caturday yet?

Soon.

Morning all. I really need to stop going to bed at 1:45 am when I have to get up at 7 am. OMG, coffee, STAT.

My brother's gone for two weeks, starting today. But my parents arrive tonight, and leaving Tuesday. It's rotating relatives!

But it'll be good to see my mom. We'll go plant shopping and do some gardening. And I think this is the weekend when the houseplants move outside for the summer.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, Euro-Comics of questionable nature. I'm surprised no one's mentioned Serpieri yet.

I'm not even mentioning some of the names of the collected editions I have here, as the discussion would head into territory better left to the erotica forum...

Metal Hurlant Chronicles is getting a TV series in Europe. They've already filmed most or all of a season.

This is where I should point out that I spend more money because of you guys than anywhere else... Another thing I gotta keep an eye out for.

Considering all he's done to the poor girl by now, I'd think Joss hates Buffy.

FWIW, a lot of time has passed since the show ended - there's a feeling in some circles that he is attempting to make her eventual death less traumatic for fans. It's coming. Maybe not soon, but there will come a time...

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Buffy died twice. She's getting good at it. It's the coming back that sucks.

Like in the nightmare world when she was a vamp.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I always felt that the image of the grave, under the willow tree, should have been the final word, but they can't keep her running around dusting vampires forever - though the amusing notion came to me that we haven't seen a 70 year old woman as an action hero (well, aside from Stop! Or My Mother Will Shoot, but that was a comedy), so if they keep publishing her adventures we might get there... I doubt anyone would demand that though. Her time will come, or the dollars are gonna flash in the eyes of people who should know better and the reset button will be hit... I know which option I would prefer,

Status
Not open for further replies.