XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Busy week at work and then spent the weekend putting hive equipment together, feeding bees, and watching the Olympics.

You know, normal stuff.

:D

What you mean... you've been... having a LIFE? In the REAL WORLD? What do you want to do that for?!?

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What you mean... you've been... having a LIFE? In the REAL WORLD? What do you want to do that for?!?

Oh, you know, to pay bills and prevent starvation. Until the movie option for my NY Times best-selleing Self-Help/UF/PR/Humor novella gets picked up, of course.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
I thought the honey was to prevent starvation?

Anyway, ION, I just read this, by Diana Joseph (no, me neither, but it's funny). She's on the phone to her dad.

During these conversations, my father has spoken with great authority and discussed at great length matters I can’t begin to comprehend: investments and annuities, bonds and interest rates, the Fed, the Dow Jones, and the stock market, which I always hear as the stalk market. I imagine a small creepy one-room office across the river and in the questionable part of town. It’s where I’d go if I wanted to hire someone to keep menacingly close tabs on someone else.

It's raining again. I think I must have really offended Angel earlier on.

Hey, Cobra, did you see the rain during the ladies cycling? That's what the UK is really like.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, you know, to pay bills and prevent starvation. Until the movie option for my NY Times best-selleing Self-Help/UF/PR/Humor novella gets picked up, of course.

You mean you can't live on honey and wishful thinking? WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Does one file a book by Ice-T under I or T?

Or elsewhere? :flamethrower

ETA: Do you suppose that some people wishing to be pleasantly rude refer to him as Mr T? thus creating total confusion.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com

Knew what that link was before clicking.

marshmallows.jpg

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I thought the honey was to prevent starvation?

It goes a long way to keeping us alive...

Hey, Cobra, did you see the rain during the ladies cycling? That's what the UK is really like.[/QUOTE]

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude.

It was a great race, though.

You mean you can't live on honey and wishful thinking? WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO.

I know, right?

Heh. All bands should play on the beach.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
I'm watching the Olympics tennis match right now and trying to resist the urge to go buy a tennis racket. I played a bit in school but haven't touched a racket in years. Its a really fun sport, I wish I hadn't stopped.

Maria Sharapova is a beast woman!

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm watching the Olympics tennis match right now and trying to resist the urge to go buy a tennis racket. I played a bit in school but haven't touched a racket in years. Its a really fun sport, I wish I hadn't stopped.

Maria Sharapova is a beast woman!

I'm going to take up tennis again next year or so. It's fun :)

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, tennis was the only sport I was ever any good at, or ever really bothered with. Football, rugby, basketball, cricket, rounders, etc? Couldn't care less. But give me a tennis (and by extension badminton) racket and I'd throw everything I had into that.

Also fencing... although not proper fencing, more like just sword-fighting with sticks. Same basic principle.

ION: My inner-hypochondriac is having a freak-out right now because I can't seem to stop shaking, especially my hands, and some part of my brain is terrified there's something that's gone terrible wrong with me...

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, you folks make me smile.

CM, I was wondering when you'd show. This morning I went hunting through the yellow squash for fruit. There were tons of fresh blooms and thus tons of bees going round and round in them. I kept parting leaves and they kept sexing up my plants and buzzing and there was much rejoicing. Summer ftw.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
RA, whatever your hypochindriac self is saying, there are lots of possibilities. Calmly make an appt tomorrow to see a doc.

And in happier news: The snarky instructor is still pissing me off but I wrote down some stuff I learned when I did some insructing yesterday. I realized I managed to do a lot and come up with lots of good mini lessons. Soon I'll be teaching on my own :)

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This morning I went hunting through the yellow squash for fruit. There were tons of fresh blooms and thus tons of bees going round and round in them. I kept parting leaves and they kept sexing up my plants and buzzing and there was much rejoicing. Summer ftw.

FTW fer sure. I'm always glad to hear that bees are still able to find food going into late summer.

Sexin' up your plants......love it!

Pegster

Girando e fuzzicando
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everybody! I can't figure out where else to post this, so if it lacks spontaneity, humor and mystifying plot recoils, all I can say is 'whimper!' So Worldcon is coming up in a scant month, and I'm going, God willing, and the editor who has three of my mss says she's going to be there. She even told me where the easiest place to find her would be. It is also probable that her editor (who now has the first mss of the trio) will be there. They work for one of the NY houses that publishes some of my favorite Sci-Fi. So the problem is that the usual vagaries of self-esteem and behaving in unfamiliar environs makes me cautious of seeking them out. What if they don't like me? No contract yet, so what if they like the mss but think I'm a slob? Okay, just portly then? I'm generally well mannered but what if I contrive somehow to show my butt? I've been enjoying the anonymity of writing and sending mss out into the ether, but the prospects of meeting these folks is causing orifices to clench.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
What if they don't like me? No contract yet, so what if they like the mss but think I'm a slob? Okay, just portly then? I'm generally well mannered but what if I contrive somehow to show my butt? I've been enjoying the anonymity of writing and sending mss out into the ether, but the prospects of meeting these folks is causing orifices to clench.

First of all, I dunno you, but *HUGS* - You'll be fine! Second of all, not very many of my fave fantasy authors are stick thin. In fact, I can't think of any right off the top of my head. Third, they like your books enough to want to meet you! Woo! Fourth, if you're anything like me at a con, go see them very first thing. I don't keep well at cons... Crowds do my head in and plus walking around, all hot and boxed in by Klingons (mmmm, Klingons... I mean... Whatever...), and I'm not looking my best 4-5 hours in. :) Hurrah! You can has editors and meet them!

Also, everyone: Fez has obviously missed you! He won't stop headbutting my hands while I'm typing, so I can only assume he wants me to say hi. So, hi from Fezzy! Silly kittycat...

Status
Not open for further replies.