Braggage

Status
Not open for further replies.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
Lots of congrats to go around. Kudos to WildScribe, JR, renard79, Alex, and W.L. Marks...

Woo, is that everyone? :D Keep it up guys!:e2cheer:

GreenRoom

brain in a vat
VPXVI
Registered
Reaction score
Now that the Shock Totem contest is officially over (congrats to the winners!) I can officially announce that I sold my ST contest story "The Tell-Tale Ear" to Nature Magazine.

Congrats Alex! Your story got my #1 vote for the contest. I really liked it.

Congrat's also to everyone else - Reynard79, W.L. Marks, JR and Wildscribe.

GreenRoom

brain in a vat
VPXVI
Registered
Reaction score
My story, "The Butcher of Londinium", is now out in the the current issue of OSC's Intergalactic Medicine Show. I'm still amazed I got the cover spot, and I absolutely love the cover art. It's very strange (but cool) to see an illustration of something I've written.

PS. Michael Haynes story is also in this issue.

Last edited:

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Way to go GreenRoom!

By the way, I'm Cali as well. :hi:

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
And my first bit of braggage to share with you guys as well:

I just signed (well, e-mailed) the contract for my first short fiction sale to Daily Science Fiction. :hooray:

Two more to go before I can join SFWA.

Congrats!!
I'm waiting now on a response from them. Do they notify you if you move up to short-listed or is it just crickets until you get an acceptance/rejection?

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
My story, "The Butcher of Londinium", is now out in the the current issue of OSC's Intergalactic Medicine Show. I'm still amazed I got the cover spot, and I absolutely love the cover art. It's very strange (but cool) to see an illustration of something I've written.

Congatulations to you both! I'm bummed my subscription has expired, so all I could read was the beginning of your story. Maybe it's time to renew.

renard79

Teacher in Space
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
In the wee hours of my AM, received an acceptance for my poem "An Herbalist's Loves" from Expanded Horizons. Yay! Great to wake up to. :)

My work goes live in September; will post a link then.

W.L. Marks

Registered
Reaction score
Wow! Lots of congrats to go around today. I'm heading over to IGMS right now. :)

Congrats!!
I'm waiting now on a response from them. Do they notify you if you move up to short-listed or is it just crickets until you get an acceptance/rejection?

Thanks, Eliza. Daily Science Fiction notifies when you're pushed up to the second round of consideration. Which means a couple of fun-filled weeks of anticipation/anxiety while you wait to hear the final word.

Good luck on yours!

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow this thread is popping today, congratulations to W.L, J.Deery, Alicia, and anyone I might've missed!

And thanks to those of you who read/enjoyed my story on Shock Totem. It's my favorite contest to participate in, even if I have no hope of winning (because I don't write horror).

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats!!

They do. You get the "good news/bad news" email. The bad news is a slightly longer wait. The good news is that you made it to round 2.

I have a large collection of those e-mails. Only 2 acceptances from them though. Still, my favorite online market.

mhaynes

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelhaynes.info
I can officially announce that I sold my ST contest story "The Tell-Tale Ear" to Nature Magazine.

Congrats, Alex!

I just signed (well, e-mailed) the contract for my first short fiction sale to Daily Science Fiction. :hooray:

Woo-hoo! Congrats, W. L.!

Fantastic! Great work GreenRoom and Michael Haynes. (Oh, wait, that last one's me!) ;)

Seriously, I'm looking forward to reading your story; the description in the Editor's column definitely piqued my interest.

Congatulations to you both! I'm bummed my subscription has expired, so all I could read was the beginning of your story. Maybe it's time to renew.

Wow! Lots of congrats to go around today. I'm heading over to IGMS right now. :)

If either or both of you get to read my story, I hope you enjoy it. I'm thrilled to have a story in IGMS but it's also the first story I've had that I couldn't really just send anyone and everyone a link to and say "Go read it! [If you want.]" So that's a touch of an unusual feeling.

Then again, I also know that it will most likely get reviewed by Locus, so there's an even more unusual feeling!

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
In the wee hours of my AM, received an acceptance for my poem "An Herbalist's Loves" from Expanded Horizons. Yay! Great to wake up to. :)

Congrats Renard!

WLMarks and Alex, thanks for the feedback. I've subbed to DSF a couple of times, but haven't made it past round one yet. I have something in now though that I hope fits their market well -- they were the first place I sent this one. Here's hoping.

mhaynes

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelhaynes.info

I knew I missed someone earlier tonight. Congratulations!

GreenRoom

brain in a vat
VPXVI
Registered
Reaction score
Then again, I also know that it will most likely get reviewed by Locus, so there's an even more unusual feeling!

I'm glad I'm not alone in the unusual Locus-y feeling!

And I, for one, will be reading your story tomorrow -- between work and plans after work and posting here (um...priorities?) -- I haven't had a chance yet even though yours is a short short :) Hmm... think I deleted the part of your post this was in response to, but oh well.

Lizardmaker

Registered
Reaction score
Website
anneejohnson
Congrats Greenroom and Renard!

My braggage isn't W1S1, but I have to crow that my middle-grade medieval mystery novel, The London Hurdy Gurdy, was accepted by Royal Fireworks Press yesterday as the sequel to Trouble at the Scriptorium (which is due out at the end of the week). Woo hoo! Makes me want to run around in a suit of armor and sing Gregorian chant!

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score

My braggage isn't W1S1, but I have to crow that my middle-grade medieval mystery novel, The London Hurdy Gurdy, was accepted by Royal Fireworks Press yesterday as the sequel to Trouble at the Scriptorium (which is due out at the end of the week). Woo hoo! Makes me want to run around in a suit of armor and sing Gregorian chant!

Fantastic news!! A big congrats on the acceptance of your sequel!

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score

That's awesome! Congrats! :)

GreenRoom

brain in a vat
VPXVI
Registered
Reaction score

Congrats!

W.L. Marks

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Lizardmaker!

Congratulations, Alex!

And everyone else as well. :partyguy:

Status
Not open for further replies.