Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanley_Ford

Slacker Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
If you go to John Brown's webpage, you can download a PDF of the handout he keeps referring to. If you want to contact me privately, I've already downloaded it, and I can email it to you.

Danke Junely! I'll save it until I get home tomorrow, but I am glad I stopped by and was able to find it.

I'm sorry. I have to stop coming in here while the Sadness Squid is sitting on me. It's a better thread when I'm not here and that's because I just don't know how not to drag the mood down, and everyone's so nice about it but it really is a disgrace. Now that I've realized that it would be selfish as hell of me to come in when I'm sad and risk ruining anyone else's day. I'll come back when I can talk about something more worthwhile. Hopefully that's soon. <3, guys. Leave a light on for me.

I am more sad that you are running away than I am hearing about your day. *strays away from the poet platypus and sneaks up on the sadness squid, grabs the big beasty around the waist, and stuffs it in Davy Jones locker where it damned well belongs*

Zan, I had originally quoted something of yours, but I accidentally deleted it. The response to it, however, was that we do indead love you and feel that you are one of us. Having just stepped out of a leaderhip role at work, it comes with the territory, the being given shit for being a boss type person. We're sorry if we've upset you and if anyone says any different I'll tack their tongue to the bar with a barbed, steel chopstick.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, everyone should just totally ignore me. I'm apparently having some sort of mini-breakdown today. Insane work hours this week + bad head cold + misbehaving kids + physical therapy (ouch!) + really stressful house and money stuff = crazy Suzanne.

Sorry again, Kricket. :( I'm gonna go back to lurking until I pull my crap together.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry. I have to stop coming in here while the Sadness Squid is sitting on me. It's a better thread when I'm not here and that's because I just don't know how not to drag the mood down, and everyone's so nice about it but it really is a disgrace. Now that I've realized that it would be selfish as hell of me to come in when I'm sad and risk ruining anyone else's day. I'll come back when I can talk about something more worthwhile. Hopefully that's soon. <3, guys. Leave a light on for me.

This is best time to come in here. For one thing, I'm sure we can scare up some squid-killers.

For another, I'm pretty sure that most folks around here would rather that you come in and hang out when feeling bad, rather than not come in. I mean, that is one of the main reasons this place is here, right?

I propose a sad-feels-stomping contest, set to music. Anyone got a tune good for a stomping jig?

Stanley_Ford

Slacker Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
This is best time to come in here. For one thing, I'm sure we can scare up some squid-killers.

For another, I'm pretty sure that most folks around here would rather that you come in and hang out when feeling bad, rather than not come in. I mean, that is one of the main reasons this place is here, right?

I propose a sad-feels-stomping contest, set to music. Anyone got a tune good for a stomping jig?

*shuffles through his mp3 player*

AHAH!!!!

*runs over and plugs it into the master stereo system, plays "The Newfie Stomp"*

LOVE YOU RAVEN!

*runs off cackling like a lunatic on a full moon trying to find a safe place to hide*

unruley700

save us from sleep and what we are
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, My GOD! I can't believe some of the stuff I read online, I swan!

I have spent the last half hour surfing, trying to find articles on Appalachian folk magic (which I've always heard called "water witching), an idle search to satisfy the barest germ of a story idea. The misinformation out there? Good lord, it's embarrassing!

Water witching does NOT invoke Cherokee beliefs or traditions in any ANY fashion. It is NOT related to Paganism/Wicca; it is Christian in foundation, though it is not a religious practice in any way. There is no ritual "rod" or "blade" involved. Hell, there are no rituals, not the way they mean it!

Where do people get this crap? I respect the Wiccan/Pagan religious practices. I'm not trying to imply otherwise. But the people I've been reading are trying to link water witchery TO Paganism/Wicca, which is like trying to link shuttle launches to my car not starting this morning.
I wanna know more about the water witches!
Okay, everyone should just totally ignore me. I'm apparently having some sort of mini-breakdown today. Insane work hours this week + bad head cold + misbehaving kids + physical therapy (ouch!) + really stressful house and money stuff = crazy Suzanne.

Sorry again, Kricket. :( I'm gonna go back to lurking until I pull my crap together.

:Hug2:

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds similar to Marmite. Which is horrifically disgusting. :(

It is similar, but not the same. I can't eat Marmite, but I can eat Vegemite off a spoon. :)

*walks in carrying huge sack of sadfeels on back*

Don't go! You'll miss my recipe link for salt & pepper squid! :Hug2:

Late night in any city can be heartbreaking. It's worse when it's a place you love, because you feel like your fellow citizens should be better than that! *loans you a cuddly dragon*

Stanley_Ford

Slacker Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
*rousts himself from his hiding spot*

It got too quiet. I fell asleep. Oh well, guess it's as good as any place.

*passes back out*

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds similar to Marmite. Which is horrifically disgusting. :(

I'll have yours then...

Good morning Cantina. Just watching the Folk at the BBC compilation that was on the other night. Currently on is Steeleye Span from a 1976 edition of Crackerjack (long-running, now-defunct UK kids' TV show). I don't often own up to this in public but I appeared on that programme in January 1977.

Soon to have breakfast, buy the Sunday paper and finish tidying the flat before the parents arrive.

Reaction score
Second star on the right and on 'til morning.
Website
atsiko.wordpress.com

So, you're going to not come on here where you can get tons of support in hard times, specifically because you're having a hard time where support would be beneficial? Ridiculous. It completely defeats the point of having friends.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Have fun with the parents, Eye.

:Hug2: That is a lot of crap at once. Do you wanna talk about it? Does work pay overtime? Will a hot shower give some relief to the cold? Did you grab any help books? Gardening books? :)

Edits. Done. E-mailed.

Off to collapse into bed.

:e2thud:

Congrats :)

Andelana

Registered
Reaction score
I'm having one of those weird days when I'm not sure whether it's appropriate to be happy or sad or just completely peeved...

A friend's girlfriend has just had a baby, which is :)

Said friend is also *married* to another friend, which is :Huh:

But his wife knows... because the girlfriend lives with them :Wha:

And the wife says she's happy for them... :Shrug:

But she's terminally ill and the girlfriend is her former nurse... :rant:

But, the girlfriend is ready willing and able to take care of friend and wife's four children... which is definitely :) but kinda :Wha:

So... Yeah. How's your morning so far, Cantinarites?

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
I'm having one of those weird days when I'm not sure whether it's appropriate to be happy or sad or just completely peeved...

But, the girlfriend is ready willing and able to take care of friend and wife's four children... which is definitely :) but kinda :Wha:
That situation would make a soap opera writer throw up his hands and yell "what the Hell?"

Meh. Can't complain. Except I'm in one of those moods where I have many things I can do, and many things I want to do, I just can't decide on which one to actually do.

Andelana

Registered
Reaction score
That situation would make a soap opera writer throw up his hands and yell "what the Hell?"

The scariest thing is... this is not the weirdest situation surrounding me. But yeah... you couldn't make it up believably.

Meh. Can't complain. Except I'm in one of those moods where I have many things I can do, and many things I want to do, I just can't decide on which one to actually do.

Play video games. That's what I do. Then, suddenly the whole day is gone and you don't have to worry about it any more! ;) heh

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I have only one answer to this.

media_6888673.jpg

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
The scariest thing is... this is not the weirdest situation surrounding me. But yeah... you couldn't make it up believably.
And to think, the most complicated situation I've had to deal with is fooling around with a friend who's dating the younger sister of another mutual friend.

You make my life seem so simple in comparison to yours. :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Remember 2 years ago when I briefly mentioned getting a drunken love letter (read: email) from a guy who was a bit weird anyways? He was dating a woman who was battling nasty lung cancer (she was still able to work at times, but kept relapsing). He mentioned something about loving her but needing to move on once she died, and she was okay with him looking now. It was too crazy to read the whole email.

People do strange things.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
I don't know - if I was dying, it would almost be... comforting, in a way, to see everything settled and to know that a person I loved wouldn't be dragged down by my passing.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Good morning Cantina.

My day started with a child that woke up screaming and wouldn't stop. That was finally soothed by putting Lilo & Stitch in to watch.

Of course, that doesn't appear to be permanent because the daughter that must Be Dominant In All The Things keeps irritating her.

And still no writing. I thought the kids might go down easily last night, but no such luck.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know - if I was dying, it would almost be... comforting, in a way, to see everything settled and to know that a person I loved wouldn't be dragged down by my passing.

I, on the other hand, would be creeped out by the notion. My husband and I have been together for nearly 27 years. If he died tomorrow, I would never marry again. If I died, I would not like the idea that he could toss aside all those years as though they never happened.

I know the argument: getting married again doesn't necessarily qualify as tossing aside our time together. And you'd not be wrong by saying that. But I'm not claiming to be reasonable and logical on the subject; I'm just saying that is how it would feel to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.