Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They were all girls :) And I'll have to transfer the pics first.

Normally feeding wildlife is a bad idea, but since they came up on me and waited, the damage was already done long ago. Furthermore, they werent in the least agro towards me or my chickens, but were keeping a comfy distance, so I did.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There are stories of turkeys gone bad, so apparently South Park has the right idea...

There was a crazy tom turkey on This American Life or something.

N.P. Browning

Registered
Reaction score
Going to derail real fast to share my happiness while Fen uploads those pics :D

So guys. It's been a long, arduous journey through the depths of Hell itself. But I have emerged from the other side. Scarred? Yes. Exhausted? Absolutely. Victorious? Damn right!

AKA My query letter passed through QLH and is finally done! :D

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
We had a flock of wild turkeys invade one year. They hung out in the trees in our back yard all morning, and then all took off at once. It looked like the London Blitz flying over our house. And the noise? Holy crap! You wouldn't think Thanksgiving dinner could be so LOUD!

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score

So guys. It's been a long, arduous journey through the depths of Hell itself. But I have emerged from the other side. Scarred? Yes. Exhausted? Absolutely. Victorious? Damn right!

Whoo hoo!!! Congratulations for running the gauntlet and coming out alive on the other side!

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
We had turkeys for a while when I was a kid. Horrible things were led by a nasty male. He would chase me through the yard with his horrible herd. :(

Got the last word though. I believe they were dinner for quite a few meals. As was the rooster who scratched the crap out of my back when I was picking up the eggs. :D

YAY! Congrats! :D

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
I got soooo many pics.

Anyone wanna see? :D
Absolutely! Turkeys are funny birds, and they really don't give a damn about anything. We've got them here in the city too.

:hooray:

Good luck the submissions!

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
(Re: counting hamster balls)
I don't know how they do it in England, but over here, it's called "being a Ph.D" candidate."

QFT.

There was a crazy tom turkey on This American Life or something.

There's a very busy four-way stop I drive through several times a day that has farms on all four corners, and there used to be a big fat tom turkey that liked to go stand in the middle of the intersection at rush hour.

I like that I live in a place where no one just got fed up with it and hit him.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com

:hooray:

Thank you! :D I feel like I've just become a man. Figuratively. :tongue

Figuratively? :Wha: there are so many places I could go with this it's not funny. :tongue

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
There's a very busy four-way stop I drive through several times a day that has farms on all four corners, and there used to be a big fat tom turkey that liked to go stand in the middle of the intersection at rush hour.

I like that I live in a place where no one just got fed up with it and hit him.

I showed this to my sister, and she had a slight derail. It seems that in Coal Grove, Ohio, if you ask for directions to a particular road, the directions you'll get go along these lines: "Go down this one road so many miles. When you see the two cows on the hill, turn left."

Why the cows would always be there is beyond me. But that's life in appalachia. :)

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Surely you've invented the coffee IV by now?

No, but I'd had three coffees by 8am. One on the train, two in the city.now I'm ridiculously hungry at 10am cause I had breakfast at 5am.

Two of my cousins have Ph.D's (physics), and my aunt has one (romance languages).

So, yeah: a load of balls, and always talking BS. 100% correct! :D

ETA: no offense to any Ph.D's in the Cantina. Just because my aunt is an enormous tw*t doesn't mean you are!

There's a quote I always remember about Ph.D's - you learn more and more about less and less until you know absolutely everything about nothing at all. Can be very true.

See, now I want to look. I shouldn't but, I might.

You people have corrupted me.

I don't listen to a lot of audio books (I have a hard time paying attention) but smut on tape might keep me awake. ;)

See, I'm corrupted and it's all y'all's fault.

Really smutty audiobooks just make me giggle. Especially because I'm on the train or doing the dishes and there are other people around me who have noooo idea.

I gave up because it just made me laugh

I do Fen! That sounds cool.

I guess there's no harm in feeding wild turkey? Did they come up to you because you looked like a fowl lady or something? :)

Yes, pics sounds awesome :D

Has never seen a turkey in real life

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, N.P.!

We had turkeys for a while when I was a kid. Horrible things were led by a nasty male. He would chase me through the yard with his horrible herd.

You're kind of giving me a panic attack here.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Boo ya!

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I showed this to my sister, and she had a slight derail. It seems that in Coal Grove, Ohio, if you ask for directions to a particular road, the directions you'll get go along these lines: "Go down this one road so many miles. When you see the two cows on the hill, turn left."

Why the cows would always be there is beyond me. But that's life in appalachia. :)

Heh. I've been known to give directions to one particular place that involves the instruction: "when you see the cows with the sheep in the middle, turn right."

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and here they are earlier, at the other end of the back yard. They had just passed the chicken run (the rooster was crowing his head off at this invasion. This didn't stop the turkeys from walking within inches of the barrier and along it down the hill.

8117506927_d163962720_b.jpg

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Welp, I turned the final final final final edits in to my editor.

Just prior to midnight on Nov. 12th, I'll see the manuscript again, right before it goes live.

:eek:

Un-Real. How'd this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.