Status
Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That is... :Wha:

HOW DO THEY KEEP THEIR PLACE IN THE SONG?

Practice, most likely.

A metric f***ton of practice.

They also do a similar thing with The Lion Sleeps Tonight. Which I now know, because I spent the past several minutes listening to various tunes they do.

*blames CM for this sudden lack of productivity*

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Not that I don't like the characters (I actually do like Catelyn... not fond of Sansa, to be honest), I'm just not that keen on hearing the story through their perspectives.

Actually, ASOIAF is not too bad with regards to the voices - there are some cringeworthy moments in there (I'm sure others will disagree) and the plot requires several characters to appear to be complete and utter idiots, but it is still magnificently entertaining.

I could do without the books being a bazillion words long though. GRRM needs a ruthless editor.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon Cantina! I had a multi-quote but all the stuff was so many pages ago that it doesn't matter anymore.

I woke up to a stiff body, achy head, and scratchy throat. If I'm getting sick again I'm going to freak! I just got over a cold. I blame this stupid bipolar weather. Damn thing can't decide whether is wants to be winter or fall. Ugh.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, hey Cantina. We have achieved CARNIEPUNK cover!

I adore tasteful blood spatter.

This has bumped my desire for an ereader up a couple more notches. I may have to seriously think about the new kindle coming to Japan in January.

Deck the halls with bows of holly,
Fla-la la-la la, la la la aarghh!

:e2sling:
This is the best way to shoot the carolers. Use a gun and they all just scatter. With the sling shot though, they get confused. They don't know how to judge the craziness and their fight or flight reflex get's stuck in a loop.

Gives you time to take several more down.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever had carolers come to my house.

Ever.

Then again, if they don't call ahead, I'm probably not answering the door anyway. :gone:

We have, every other year or so. But, you know, farm country, country church, you KNOW how they arrive: on the back of a hay wagon, sometimes pulled by a truck, usually pulled by a horse.

They're all kin, somehow, so we always have to be polite and listen. Regardless of how cringeworthy.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Well, you'll all be safe from me. I was asked to leave the school choir because I couldn't sing. Not that I'd asked to be in it in the first place.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I always get asked. High voices are hard to come by.

Well, this was a boys' school and we were putting on a production of Haydn's Creation. Guest soloists but the choir was made up from the school with those of us with unbroken voices being the sopranos and altos. I was an alto for about a week.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
I used to sing in the church choir in college. That was the last I actually liked going to church.

As to carolers, of all my 27 years (yeah, not many compared to some) I've never once seen a caroler come to our home. I mean, we do live in the city, but it's a great neighborhood.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Your country is awesome.

Just saying.

:D
well, she's an atheist redheaded feminist with a live in boyfriend, so some people think she's the devil incarnate. She has her downsides and upsides, IMO, like any polictian.

But, really, if you look at that list, we do like to get all the 'firsts' done at once. First woman pm, first atheist pm, first unmarried pm, first redhead pm.

Sort of like Senator Wong. First Asian senator and first openly lesbian senator all in one package. She's pretty awesome too. Just had a kid with her partner too, and the only fuss made was a pretty picture in the newspapers.

There are some crappy sides to our politics. General mistreatment on refugees being one of them, back room deals being another. But we're not all that bad in other areas.

So wise for one so young.

:)

No, seriously, I meant that.

Thanks. Although most most of my wiseness, if it does exist, comes of being incrediby stubborn about making my own mistakes and not taking others advise.

Makes it stick :p

:tmi

Kind of hard to just carry on after *that* mental image.

*shudders*

So you're not one for bearded men in bikinis?

I especially find Christmas music grating on the nerves. Which makes playing piano at church all through Advent a bit frustrating.

However, with that said, if this turned up on my doorstep, well, yeah, i'd let them sing any damned thing they wanted, as long as they wanted. Anybody that good, yeah, I'm keeping them.

PENATONIX!!

Morning all. I am doing yoga today. Also making sushi. I would say it's a healthy day, but it sort of just happened by accident, and I'll probably rectify it this afternoon.

Last edited:

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Oh!

My cousin just got engaged :D his mum is very happy. And nana is over the moon.

They've been together for 11 years. Brought a house together last year. Two dogs. Lovely people. This is good news :D

Also means that the speeches about library books and borrowing vs keeping books stories from my nana will stop. I give it a year before she starts on about having children in a timely manner.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
I have spent most of this afternoon reading. It was fun but I didn't get anything done like I should have.

Guess I'll be cleaning this evening.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
This has bumped my desire for an ereader up a couple more notches. I may have to seriously think about the new kindle coming to Japan in January.

This is the best way to shoot the carolers. Use a gun and they all just scatter. With the sling shot though, they get confused. They don't know how to judge the craziness and their fight or flight reflex get's stuck in a loop.

Gives you time to take several more down.

It'll also be available in paperback if you don't get one by then. :)

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sitting here wondering why the American Country Awards are on. I don't like country music. And the host is this tiny blonde woman who I want to slap because she's obnoxious. *changes channel*

I'm starting to explore new jobs and don't have a clue where to look. And it would figure the one site did I visit wouldn't load.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I'm sitting here wondering why the American Country Awards are on. I don't like country music. And the host is this tiny blonde woman who I want to slap because she's obnoxious. *changes channel*

I'm starting to explore new jobs and don't have a clue where to look. And it would figure the one site did I visit wouldn't load.

V, what are you looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.