Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
You really all need to get better soon. Look after yourselves.
I need about two days off in a row from work to fully rest up, but that's not going to happen until Christmas. At least the sore throat has abated a little.

My roommate's girlfriend had a thing that she gave to him and he gave it me, or else she gave it to me directly. Either way, apparently germ cookies are a thing this year.
Perhaps not so much in your neck of the woods, but the crazy undulating temps here are a big factor in the circulating illnesses.

And with that, I have to finishing getting ready for work. Goodnight everyone.

Little Anonymous Me

Registered
Reaction score
Finished my website class work, but this history paper will not be in on time. At least that only drops me from an A to a C, instead of the F I would have had if I hadn't finished the website.

Eww, is your semester still going? :poke:(That blows) My uni stopped all classes on the 7[SUP]th[/SUP] and all finals yesterday.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Cantina. I'm full of tongue tacos and wine. How're you all?

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Cantina. I'm full of tongue tacos and wine. How're you all?

Am I the only one seeing this?

Also, Fen, I'm in for the WWWSSSSSSFAFWFFSFAFS* swap.

*slight possibility I got the acronym wrong here.

Last edited:

Stanley_Ford

Slacker Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Happy Belated You Day Tiffer.

RT hope you feel better soon. The same for the rest of you with the yuckies.

Everybody who wants to be added to my party Mostly Harmless should speak up :D
Got it, thanks!

What name are you under? So far I have found Ali, Shuemais, Cobra, Kricket, Debio and Abby. Who have I missed?

I'm there as of today as Stanley (Ice Giant Healer) :)

Just passing through tonight. Take care all.

Reaction score
Second star on the right and on 'til morning.
Website
atsiko.wordpress.com
I need about two days off in a row from work to fully rest up, but that's not going to happen until Christmas. At least the sore throat has abated a little.

Perhaps not so much in your neck of the woods, but the crazy undulating temps here are a big factor in the circulating illnesses.

And with that, I have to finishing getting ready for work. Goodnight everyone.

We did have fluctuating temperatures where I was. Maybe they had something to do with it.

Eww, is your semester still going? :poke:(That blows) My uni stopped all classes on the 7[SUP]th[/SUP] and all finals yesterday.

The last day of finals for me was the 13th. However, I had a terrible semester, so I was way behind in all of my classes. I managed to catch up somewhat in three of them, but I had to get special permission to turn in work even after finals in the other two.

I was unfortunately unable to complete my history paper by the deadline. This will likely drop me from an A to a C in the class. I have yet to hear back about my computer science work, but even if he finds it acceptable, the best I can hope for in the web programming class is a low, low D.

I am strongly considering not going back next semester.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Am I the only one seeing this?

They were terrible, but not because they were disgusting, which they weren't.

That bottle is sad and lonely.

You should comfort it.

With your mouth.

Wait, that didn't come out right.

Wait, that's still what she said.

I am strongly considering not going back next semester.

What's your plan B? Take a semester's worth of time off? Transfer to a different school? Check out the employment scene and see if there's something good that doesn't require a full degree?

I'm not saying this in a condescending way, but rather as someone who would have dealt better with and appreciated college more a while later. :)

Stanley_Ford

Slacker Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Guinevere (10s)
Aliwood
Debio
KitCat
Childofhope (from the chatroom)
Sian
Cobramisfit
Kricket
SirenQueenLilith (Lily)
Bunneh (also from the chatroom)
Shuemais of many pen-names
Jallenecs
AbielleRose
Sara the DoomSparkler

I think I managed to get everyone including Amergina put into The Bard Squard

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
The way I tend to view narratives is like the Directors Cut of movies - if you watch the vanilla version, you get an A to B, if you watch the uncut film (say... Daredevil, which has an awesome Coolio role stupidly snipped from the theatrical) then you get something much more satisfying.

Or you get the stuff which was correctly edited out because they got the movie right the first time.

This came up yesterday, because the first film the friend I saw What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? with in the cinema yesterday (it's just been reissued for its fiftieth anniversary - I'd only seen it before late one night on TV thirty years ago and she'd never seen it at all) was Demolition Man, twenty years ago next year. That was a film rescued by the editor (Stuart Baird) because the film the director turned in was a mess.

It's Joan Crawford weekend at Casa Eyeblink, as after Baby Jane yesterday, it's Mildred Pierce on DVD this morning, which is one Hollywood classic I've never seen before.

ETA: Anyone else having major issues with Facebook?

I'm in there now. It's working okay for me.

Good morning, Cantina. Time for coffee and the movie before breakfast. See you later.

Stanley_Ford

Slacker Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Still a no go for me on Facebook. Keeps re routing to a Google search page. Oh well, time for bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.