Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for clarifying that your husband and brother are not one. :)

Clinic tomorrow. So excited.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My witty reply at work went over well today. So, keep in mind I'm the supervisor and other supers arent usually in our office.

Theres this one guy who has real issues but loves to be the big fish. He doesnt want to be a super but he acts like he is.

Him, to group: Okay. If you guys can answer this one question, you get to leave 15 minutes early.

Me, exiting unisex: Oh really? .hopes no one believes he suddenly has power to let people leave early.

Him, ignoring me and trying to appeal to crowd: All you have to do is answer this one question--

Me, walking back to supervisor's office: Is it 'Who died and left you in charge?'

I got lolz from the group. And I did let them leave a bit early. :)

I'll just try to block out the part where earlier in the day I had to explain to a bimbo what facts and proper support and even basic logic were. Ffs.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If the creator of the SSS wants to move the deadline to later, I'd be all for that...

...just say'in.

I have discovered during previous SSs that much can be done in two days. Most a novellette for example.

And I didn't create the SSS, only tamed the idea.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
So I just found out that you can get Final Fantasy games on a Kindle.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that.
If it's Final Fantasy 6, this may finally tip the scales into me getting a Kindle. Wait... *sees FF6 GBA catridge on dust-covered shelf* Well, so much for that.

ION: Finding the name "Grimnir" as another name for the Grim Reaper and then finding out said name is an alias of Odin All-Father from the delightfully mental Norse religion has made me want to adapt my hastily-sketched-but-as-of-yet-unwritten story into one with religious beings re-imagined in some way, with an evil force of them breaking through to the real world and an opposing 'good' force fighting them back.

But I don't want to base it on Norse mythology (counter-productive, right?) because I feel like it's kinda the expected way to go with it, plus when you have people like Thor hanging around with magical hammers that can cave skulls in with a light tap, the whole "humans fighting back the evil scourge" side of it seems rather pointless. Like letting your Pug fight off home invaders when you have a cabinet full of shotguns to hand.

But while I don't want to go the Norse route, I have yet to find a religion or mythology that is sufficiently monster-filled to be able to work with.

Though I did find creatures from old Celtic mythology called the Slaugh that could work as your generic soul-stealing foot soldiers. But beyond that I'm at a loss.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for clarifying that your husband and brother are not one. :)

Clinic tomorrow. So excited.

The devil is in the details...or the lack thereof.

W00T!

I have discovered during previous SSs that much can be done in two days. Most a novellette for example.

THIS IS GOOD TO KNOW. VERY GOOD INDEED.

:e2thud:

Draft turned in. I think I'll avoid my computer for a day if I can.

:e2cheer::e2bear::e2cheer:

Hmm...good luck with that. :)

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score

And I didn't create the SSS, only tamed the idea.

I'm on leave now, and won't be going anywhere outside Aldershot except for this afternoon, so I think I have time. And I always seem to work better under deadlines than without them. So we'll see!

As you can see in my sig, it's now over 3000 words and is probably heading towards novelette territory.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Morning Ali! Coffee time here as well.

HULK FEN SMASH!

I hope you have a supply of spare clothes to replace the ones that get destroyed each time you turn green.

There's a thought - would a female Hulk have an account with a maternity-wear company? Aren't maternity dresses designed to expand when needed so wouldn't get ripped apart?

How to subvert a comics, TV and movie franchise in just two sentences...

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Stupid body finally got kinda used to getting up at 3:30.

So now I'm awake. Need more sleep for clinic.

Morning Ali! Coffee time here as well.

I hope you have a supply of spare clothes to replace the ones that get destroyed each time you turn green.

There's a thought - would a female Hulk have an account with a maternity-wear company? Aren't maternity dresses designed to expand when needed so wouldn't get ripped apart?

How to subvert a comics, TV and movie franchise in just two sentences...

Oolong time!

And two words: magic spandex.

Also, I need a Hulk-horse. Kick ass.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
You guys has a crasy.

But in a good way.

I'm so glad the week of little sleep is over.

I've done two blog posts but I'm not advertising in the "have you updated your blog" because I figure more people will see it tomorrow. I have some sort of blog sickness. My links in my signature are updated if anyone is interested.

And if you aren't interested, let me tell you I plan on making some hot cocoa. And I had Chinese for dinner.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mmm. Hot cocoa. But shouldnt one go to bed before EST wakes up?

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Evening all :D

The cat is playing contrortion artist in my lap as he sleeps. He's so very cute.

ION, I figured out how to get to my end. I need to rewrite a conversation, but I know my secondary character better now :D

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score

IIRC, the second (?) Blade film had the MC's trousers made of a rubber or something which looked awesome - it is traditionally cut to be skin-tight, but with the looser cut it fits perfectly with the martial arts style(s) used, though I'm not sure it is commercially available anywhere. And it *is* possible to go into tailors and get them to make stuff for you if you have a weird idea you want to try out. They will look at you like you are an idiot if you want something massively asymmetrical though...

Also, I need a Hulk-horse. Kick ass.

Ooooh. Or a Hulk-icorn.

I sense a My Little Pony fanfic in the making...

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon Cantina. Three episodes' worth of Dr Who commentary listened to (The Reign of Terror, from 1964 - I was an increasingly large bump when it was first broadcast) as I need to review the DVD ASAP. Also, the SS story has advanced a bit more.

Off to London and the pub. Back later.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Things I have learnt today

• Bananas are hard to draw.
  • If your tech guy buys two new toys at once, it's hilarious watching him trying to decide which one to install first.

:Coffee:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Great. We already have ice and snow on the ground, and now the weather service is promising another 2-4 inches (2-5 is also suggested) of wet snow before ten o'clock tonight.

We're all warm and cocooned up here, plenty of food, for the moment. But I dread the idea of driving to church tomorrow morning through 20 miles of wet snow.

Well, if we're going to be snowbound, I guess that's a good excuse to do a lot of reading and writing, and maybe work on some audio drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.