Not open for further replies.

Lizardmaker

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anneejohnson
Double braggage day!

I did sell the reprint to the magazine I mentioned last week (thanks, everyone, for your commiseration and good advice), so I'll have a kids' story in the July issue of Jack & Jill, by far the highest circulation zine I've ever been in.

And another pro-paying sale of a children's story, this one to a brand new market in China called Red Squirrel, which publishes in English.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Double braggage day!

I did sell the reprint to the magazine I mentioned last week (thanks, everyone, for your commiseration and good advice), so I'll have a kids' story in the July issue of Jack & Jill, by far the highest circulation zine I've ever been in.

And another pro-paying sale of a children's story, this one to a brand new market in China called Red Squirrel, which publishes in English.

Congratulations, Anne! And it's great to hear that everything worked out with the reprint!

Lizardmaker

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anneejohnson
Sorry to hijack the thread, but Red Squirrel Magazine just hired me long-term as a regular contributor!!!!! They'll use four to six of my stories per year, at a very respectable pay rate. Zowie!

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack the thread, but Red Squirrel Magazine just hired me long-term as a regular contributor!!!!! They'll use four to six of my stories per year, at a very respectable pay rate. Zowie!

Wow - big braggage indeed! Congrats again (and kudos to anyone who can hijack this thread with multiple braggages!).

Melinda Moore

Registered
Reaction score
Kepler's Dozen

My first published science fiction story was released this week in the anthology A Kepler's Dozen: Thirteen Stories About Distant Worlds That Really Exist. There's an awesome write up about the science behind the anthology at the National Optical Astronomy Observatory. You can buy a copy from Amazon or directly from the publisher Hadrosaur. I hope you check it out! Thanks!

Last edited:

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My first published science fiction story was released this week in the anthology A Kepler's Dozen: Thirteen Stories About Distant Worlds That Really Exist. There's an awesome write up about the science behind the anthology at the National Optical Astronomy Observatory. You can buy a copy from Amazon or directly from the publisher Hadrosaur. I hope you check it out! Thanks!

Congratulations! And the cover looks fantastic.

Melinda Moore

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Takoglint and Lizardmaker! And congrats on all the braggage this week. Must keep writing :)

articshark

shoes are like crack
Registered
Reaction score
Sold two pieces this week. Both novella length. Happy dance!!!!

renard79

Teacher in Space
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Congrats Lizardmaker, excellent news!!!

Melinda, looking at tha press release right now - wow! Congratulations!

Arcticshark, great news! Congratulations!

Alex, congrats!

renard79

Teacher in Space
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
My one-act, "A Brief Play", was accepted to Birkensnake 6: Neverending Tales.

9 month wait. Whoah. And a happy ending! ^_^

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, congrats all around - Melinda, Articshark, Alex and Reynard!

Project Deadlight

Registered
Reaction score
I just got a 194-day Acceptance from C@rte Blanche! Quite excited as they have a 0% Acceptance rate on DT. It's also a story that has been knocking about for a while and got personal rejections from B0ston Review and Gl1immer Train... So glad it has a home as it's one of my faves. Written on a single, blurry night in Mexico as my girlfriend slept next to me getting over her jetlag.

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! That's awesome news.

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Simon - continuing a great run of good news! And nice to hear an acceptance at the end of a long response time.

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats again, Simon!

Status
Not open for further replies.