Reaction score
547317_588765101186409_1111450232_n.jpg

Good morning!

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I like contact geometry. (Now, knot theory, that I might whine about occasionally...)

*mathematical hai fife*

I'm a Chaos fan, myself.

ION, I spotted an advert for a film called Epic. Has Mr Cobra made a film already??

Heh, you're sweet!

Although a more accurate title would be, Fear and Loathing.

:D

WHY DO I ATTRACT THE CRAZIES?!?!?!!?!

It's a ratio thing. Most of the world is nuts, so mathematically, you can't escape the crazies.

stat_zpsdfedfcb1.png

My stats just aren't built for puzzles, I suppose.

I have no idea why I decided to do this.

So. Much. Win.

They had kids in that concrete box. Ten years and up. Without their parents.

Nothing happened (to them). (Except for giving out one of their names in the report.) But still.

Our species is a lot more durable (physically and mentally) than we often think.

ETA: There are rarely any spiders in my apartment, and it bugs me.

/rimshot

1098884o_zpsf0c722f2.gif

t8zvc.gif

Morning, gang.

Whut up?

Last edited:

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
That would be epic. We could take them for walks and let them play together in the park. And the world would be cured of feral cats and small yappy dogs in very short order.

WIN.

I would totally get out more if this were the case.

Hey, you made me look something up. COOL :D

*feels accomplished*

I know that several of you are Princess Bride fans, so please raise a glass for Margery Mason, who played The Ancient Booer in the film, who celebrated her 100th birthday yesterday.

Wooo centenarianism!

Our species is a lot more durable (physically and mentally) than we often think.

True. Though our species is paradoxically a lot more physically fragile than we often think, too. We just underestimate and overestimate a lot.

I incited one of Cobra's megatastic gifs! Now my life is complete.

And NPH has one of the awesomest winks I have ever seen.

ETA: Aaaaand there's your morning innuendo, Cantinafolks.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
From the time we were little kids, he made us all promise that we'd let him die before we'd let him be put in a mental health facility.

Your father was a very smart man.

One of the things typical to the corner of 4chan I frequent most is the passing around of creepy pictures, some verifiably real and others obviously photoshopped.

One of the verifiably real ones is of the wall in an abandoned asylum. Some patient/inmate wrote "It was more fun in HELL" on it.

Black-Marlin

Avoiding cliches like the plague
Registered
Reaction score
Website
starlingford.wordpress.com
So, having just signed the contract, I can now tell you that I'm gonna be... a QC Co-ordinator. What is that, you cry? I will be, for the offshore oil and gas industry here in Aberdeen, a professional pedant, correcting spelling, grammar and kicking ass and taking down names with my blue pencil and red pen. It's just a temporary contract but hot diggity, it gets me up to Christmas and means I can afford both the rent and Christmas presents!

Lissibith

On target
Registered
Reaction score
So, having just signed the contract, I can now tell you that I'm gonna be... a QC Co-ordinator. What is that, you cry? I will be, for the offshore oil and gas industry here in Aberdeen, a professional pedant, correcting spelling, grammar and kicking ass and taking down names with my blue pencil and red pen. It's just a temporary contract but hot diggity, it gets me up to Christmas and means I can afford both the rent and Christmas presents!
That's great! Congratulations :)

Good morning Cantina. I got some writing done! Not nearly as much as I'd hoped, but I always run out of steam after about two hours. :( Still, we're almost to the end of act 1` and the turn into the stuff I'm really looking forward to!

Little Anonymous Me

Registered
Reaction score
*peeks into Cantina*

*sees talk of creepy crawlies*

*runs away*

I'm phobic, so I'll return later. :D

ETA: am I spectacularly unobservant, or has there always been a forum called 'Authorized Personnel'? Because AW used to end under the Celine Dion board for me....

Last edited:

asnys

Do Not Fear the Future
Registered
Reaction score
Website
atomic-skies.blogspot.com
*mathematical hai fife*

I'm a Chaos fan, myself.

Not an area I'm familiar with, I'm afraid.

That is true. Aside from the one guy who stopped sleeping, pretty much everybody did just fine - better than fine, in fact; apparently it was such a strong bonding experience that many of them were still in contact with each other at least a month afterwards. Only one other person left early.

Congrats!

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I know that several of you are Princess Bride fans, so please raise a glass for Margery Mason, who played The Ancient Booer in the film, who celebrated her 100th birthday yesterday.

*bows down to her*

Congratulations, Black-Marlin!

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
On writing: My "possibly a villain protagonist but I'm not sure yet" idea (that's the only way I can describe it as of yet) took on a bit more form today. But the problem I've hit now is that it's feeling less like a novel and more like a TV series... if that makes sense. Probably doesn't.

On other things: I found a series 1-7 Blu Ray boxset of Supernatural in a shop in town today, but it cost £80. Also found a wireless Xbox 360 internet adapter thing for £22, which I'm hoping to get when I finally get around to trading in my useless Kindle Fire HD case and my computer drawing tablet to them.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score

EXCELLENT!

Back from the Greek Festival. I got gyros and greek potatoes and tirapita and keftedes and I'm getting honey all over my keyboard by trying to eat baklava while typing. AND I got a big bottle of "vin de crete" and I plan to drink it after supper.

Sigh. Life is good!

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
That acronym seems like maybe it has something to do with goodreads?

Really, though, why put a publicly visible forum on there that nobody can get into?

My guess is that they've just forgotten to hide it from the average user. The Authorized Personnel forum has been around for a while, but everything in it is hidden save for that one subforum.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
This person sounds ridiculous, in a bad way. Feel free to tell him I said so.
Seconded.

Will do Hillz!

This jerk also had the nerve to tell my friend at work (the one he had a tiff with about the coffee thing) that he just doesn't get me. Well the feeling is mutual. Damn, I want to tell him off so bad!

WHY DO I ATTRACT THE CRAZIES?!?!?!!?!

:rant:

There is a whole subset of human I just avoid.

I need some of that!

Busy youth sports day full speed ahead, Captain.

Chasing the Horizon

Blowing in the Wind
Registered
Reaction score
True. Though our species is paradoxically a lot more physically fragile than we often think, too. We just underestimate and overestimate a lot.
This is a paradox I thought about a lot when I was studying trauma psychology. Reading case studies, it was amazing how small things could destroy some people's defenses, while others survived prolonged horrors with minimal effect. I looked high and low for a real explanation of of this, but never really found one. Apparently the US military has been trying to solve that particular paradox for 50 years, and they didn't have a good answer either.

On the plus side, it means just about any reaction for any character in a book is believable.

am I spectacularly unobservant, or has there always been a forum called 'Authorized Personnel'? Because AW used to end under the Celine Dion board for me....
Yeah, that's new. *sulks and kicks a chair* I WANT IN!! Why can't I be part of the "in" crowd? :cry:

On writing: My "possibly a villain protagonist but I'm not sure yet" idea (that's the only way I can describe it as of yet) took on a bit more form today. But the problem I've hit now is that it's feeling less like a novel and more like a TV series... if that makes sense. Probably doesn't.
It makes perfect sense. I've had books feel that way too. For me, it's been because the story has a more episodal plot (even if there is an overarching plot, it's often secondary to whatever problem is being solved in the episode/chapter). And the pacing is slower.

I've often wondered if an idea following that episodal structure would be marketable as a novel. I can't see a real reason why it wouldn't, but I can't remember ever reading a novel structured that way.

Little Anonymous Me

Registered
Reaction score
This is a paradox I thought about a lot when I was studying trauma psychology. Reading case studies, it was amazing how small things could destroy some people's defenses, while others survived prolonged horrors with minimal effect. I looked high and low for a real explanation of of this, but never really found one. Apparently the US military has been trying to solve that particular paradox for 50 years, and they didn't have a good answer either.

On the plus side, it means just about any reaction for any character in a book is believable.

Reading reports of black-outs and battle rage from modern military psychiatrists are fascinating. It helps me a lot, because I refuse to believe soldiers haven't been suffering from PTSD since the first neanderthal rock battle, and as the majority of my characters are soldiers/were at one point, they all have their own issues with 'battle fatigue.' Makes an oddball out in fantasy, but it pisses me off to read about people slashing and hacking and being fine with it afterwards. They aren't. And they never have been.

Yeah, that's new. *sulks and kicks a chair* I WANT IN!! Why can't I be part of the "in" crowd? :cry:

I have the nasty feeling being a cool kid might require a special sort of hat Mac hands out....

Status
Not open for further replies.