Favorite Line of the Day - NaNo 2022

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Was it hilarious? Beautiful writing? The key moment in the scene? Oh, so romantic? Whatever the reason you loved it, share your favorite line of the day here!

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I cursed the stupid bear as she sprinted out from the air bubble and towards the lake. I would tear out its stuffing if she suffered any damage from that water.

• Haha
Reactions: StuckInFox

StuckInFox

Registered
Reaction score
Miniature dragon-fly type insects buzzed through the air in swarms, painting the dimly lit cavern in swaths like the milky way across the night’s sky.

Reactions: TeresaRose and Sage

StuckInFox

Registered
Reaction score
A collective sigh erased the tension in the cave, but I still appreciated D’Rasma lifting me down off the bench, my legs had turned to Jello. JayJay’s testosterone was a powerful substance.

Reactions: Sage

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Back when Jie had asked me to protect her, I got it into my head that thugs would be after her. Maybe because she was the daughter of the captain, or perhaps she had some connection to a crime syndicate -- yeah, my twelve-year-old imagination was going wild. I knew she was a thief, so it wasn't that big a leap to assume she had some connection to other thieves.

Nether

is walking the plank at a pirate-themed water park
Registered
Reaction score
“Or it wasn’t maintained or vandals got to it. Other than checking out abandoned places, I’m not sure there’s much to do in Connecticut.”

Reactions: StuckInFox and Sage

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
But I do have a proverbial "man in the chair," and she thinks it's hilarious to call her house "HQ." She also thinks it's hilarious to call herself the "man in the chair." She has a weird sense of humor.

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
"Encepheldius roach. Sixty centimetres long." I couldn't see Jaxon's expression. It might have been encouraging. "Virtually indestructible. Their preferred nests are mineral formations."

• Wow
Reactions: StuckInFox and Sage

Nether

Registered
Reaction score
And how exactly is it that, at a park known for its sometimes-dangerous attractions, the least-frightening thing so far has been the rides?

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Everest launches herself into the executive chair, which is pink just like her clothes, and ninety percent of the items in the house, including her most precious possession, her computer. Blond, blue-eyed, and slender, she basically looks like she'd be at home in a Disney princess movie. Only she has no ability to whack demons with frying pans, no upper body strength at all... no lower body strength to speak of either. Also no magical powers or birds that braid her hair in the morning.

StuckInFox

Registered
Reaction score
Her finger twirled through the air as if she were attending a business meeting but the way she didn’t quite meet my eyes made me think this was as big of a deal to her as it was for me.

StuckInFox

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think I wrote one line today that doesn't require a zamboni's worth of cleaning up

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
He crawled towards me, and I was struck that he was like a possessed person in a horror movie.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, the Glace have fans too, as all horror creatures do. They just happen to be more real than vampires and werewolves and Big Foot (actually, the jury's still out on Big Foot).

Nether

Registered
Reaction score
Unlike me, I sometimes suspect he enjoys the idea of becoming an adult.

Nether

Registered
Reaction score
“I’m less worried about you than other people,” Lauren says, glancing up the hill towards Gary. “You always seem to turn out fine, but not everybody is so lucky.”

Ugh, seriously? Is she going to bring that up again? Okay, so her boyfriend happens to get hurt once when we were jumping off a tire swing into a lake. Anybody could’ve slipped and hit their elbow against that rock. It happens. But that was one time. One. And he didn’t even need to go to the hospital. Why does she always have to bring that up? Not that I’m going to get into this with her again. Lauren never understands reason. It’s also why she doesn’t seem to get why all of those times Gary got hurt before they were dating don’t count.

StuckInFox

Registered
Reaction score
Devile dipped his head, his hands clenched and then his devilish gaze met mine once again, as if he was preparing to maneuver a new piece on the chess board.

Nether

Registered
Reaction score
“They’re not toys, they’re plushies.”

Norsebard

Registered
Reaction score
"Gee, pal, that's a load off! I thought we'd gone to see ya Momma in Fackenquack, Noo Joisy!"

Norsebard