Of Unknown Origin

Matty lll

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I have just been busy doing things over the summer, have been reading a lot but not writing very much. Still browse here though, especially if there are poems as good as this being posted!

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I have just been busy doing things over the summer, have been reading a lot but not writing very much. Still browse here though, especially if there are poems as good as this being posted!

:) Well, I hope to see some more of your own poems posted at some point.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I saw this on facebook today. Gave me a good laugh. Thought of stanza 3. Thought I'd share.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a lyric man, to a large extent - I like my rhythm and my poetic devices. But I like cinnamon too, and I wouldn't put it in everything I eat. What stunned me here is this:

The truth, lurking like a whale. It murmurs inside, a call you can feel but not hear, much less name. It takes a poet's call to bring it to surface.

I'm struck by the idea, the thought - that we so often layer myths and legends on people, on things, on beauty. We're offered a lily, and we're compelled to gild it, without reading the card attached.

This is beautiful and intimate, Trish. Thank you.