NBC.com Security Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
I visited NBC.com just now and received the message below. I didn't click on the links that appeared after the message. (For security purpose I didn't provide the links here). I only visited the site and closed out of the page using Task Manager. I ran virus / spyware scans and nothing came up.

Should I be doing something else to make sure my computer is clean?

===

Reported Attack Page!

This web page at www nbc . com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

Deleted member 42

I visited NBC.com just now and received the message below. I didn't click on the links that appeared after the message. (For security purpose I didn't provide the links here). I only visited the site and closed out of the page using Task Manager. I ran virus / spyware scans and nothing came up.

Should I be doing something else to make sure my computer is clean?

I suspect that your security settings are reacting to NBC.com's attempt to set a plethora of tracking cookies, some from third party sites, which may have been the problem.

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
Seems like Google blocked the site due to hacking.

NBC.com was temporarily blacklisted by Google after the attack. Facebook also stopped directing users to NBC.com. Securi wrote that other NBC sites, including ones for TV talk show hosts Jimmy Fallon and Jay Leno, were also affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.