CeltX glitch in typeset/pdf?

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When I use the typeset/pdf feature of Celtx the pdf comes out fine except -- immediatey after the title page there are two pages I do not need. The first is a blank page with the heading

Cast list:

The next page is a roll call of the characters, then I have the normal script.

Has anyone else encountered this 'glitch'?

Last edited:

ComicBent

Registered
Reaction score
Not sure, but ...

Celtx is one of those applications that I find to be utterly bewildering, and just not worth the effort of using, and I have been using computers for over 25 years and have even done some programming.

But I used Google and came up with this possibility:

If you have clicked on something about Show Title Page and Cast in the Format Options, you will get those pages that you are getting when you print. So you may be talking, not about a glitch, but a feature. :)

The reference that I saw said that this is a feature of the stage play module, but maybe you have it in the screenplay module, too.

Are you writing a screenplay or a stage play?

By the way, you can use Word or the free LibreOffice suite to write plays and screenplays. You just have to develop a template or use one that someone else has created.

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Screenplay. I di check the box for Show Title Page (it says nothing about cast). This recently started happening So my guess is the CeltX people changed something in the program.

ComicBent

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe they changed something

Bluntforce,

Yeah, maybe they changed something and introduced a bug.

I would just check all my settings very carefully, and if you do not find anything amiss there, you can post a question in the Celtx forum. I feel sure they can answer your question there, since some of the Celtx people monitor things and participate.

If you find an answer, and it is not inconvenient, please post the answer here. This issue may come up again.

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
CB;

I'll certainly report any fixes I come across at CeltX. May be a few days as life happens, but will do.

Rick

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bug was reported yesterday. I've tested the feature out several times today and it works correctly now.

Wilde_at_heart

υπείκωphobe
Registered
Reaction score
Screenplay. I di check the box for Show Title Page (it says nothing about cast). This recently started happening So my guess is the CeltX people changed something in the program.

That is really strange. I use Celtx for screenwriting all the time and never encountered that issue. There is no cast list at all that comes up for me...

ShannonR.

<insert witty title here>
Registered
Reaction score
ComicBent, is there a specific program for screenwriting in LibreOffice? I use it on my Mac.

I've never had the 'cast list' problem either, but that's just me.

ComicBent

Registered
Reaction score
LibreOffice templates

Shannon,

Sorry to be so late answering. I usually check this board more often ... but I have not checked it for a couple of weeks.

Here is a link to the templates page of LibreOffice. The page has a drop-down menu with lots of categories. You need to look under the subcategory Writer. There is a set of templates for screenplays, sitcoms, stage plays, etc.

I have looked at the template before. It is a bit intimidating, but it has been around for a long time, so it should be usable if you work with it.

Really, though, the best thing is to develop your own template. You only have to understand about paragraph styles to do this. The problem in using a template from someone else is that you still have to know what you are doing, and in that case you might as well make your own template.

Best ...

Roland

Bloo

Roofied by Rylan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emergencyroomproductions.net
popping in to defend my beloved Celtx LOL

I use Celtx for stage plays writing and I have seen the cast list and title page features. At the bottom of your screen you'll see a series of tabs that open up a new feature on your stage play, including a "Title" page and a "Cast List" these are standard and needed in a stage play and if you leave them blank when you convert to a pdf those pages will be blank save for Celtx's built in template (like the heading Cast list).

I've not used the screenplay feature, so I don't for sure how it affects that. In addition to their forum, they have a very active Tumblr page that is interactive