VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
So I just got this note from CactusWendy's daughter:
Hi There,
My name is Larissa the daughter of Wendy or cactuswendy,
She has asked me to let you and the others know the she " loves the snot out of all of you"
She will not be here on earth to much longer. Her family is currently in hospice with her.Wendy was very found of you and with this forum she was able to see and discover things that kept her mind alert and creative. For that I thank you.
Please pass this along to anyone you feel you need to. Thank you,Larissa

One of the very hard parts about loving our community is dealing with goodbyes. I hate goodbyes under the best of circumstances, and I'm a rebellious soul in general.

But if you're the praying kind, you might offer a prayer to the Maker for her journey to be kind. Or for him to change his mind and leave her here with us for a few more decades, for that matter.

CactusWendy has been an absolute hero to me, since long before I was running AW. And I know I'm not the only one in the community who has been touched by her grace, her wit, her humor, and her utter magnificence.

CactusWendy, just in case you happen to read this: I love the snot out of you, too -- thank you so very much for being who you are. You have changed my life for the better and I am vastly richer for knowing you even a little bit. Thank you.

Godspeed.

Last edited:

Shuemais

We can't always be the Batman
Registered
Reaction score
I never spoke to CWendy, but if she was an AW'er then that's my loss -- she was one of us.

Very sorry to hear the news, will pray for her and her family.

KitCat

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't know her, but I know many people do and will feel this greatly. So sorry this is happening to a friend of all of yours and such a kind person. Well wishes to her and her family and our AW family too.

*huggles to all that need them tonight*

Guardian

just the worst honestly
Registered
Reaction score
I...I... oh goodness, I'm in tears. :cry:

I almost forgot how much of a treasure it is to know such lovely people.

Reactions: Lady MacBeth

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
CW's always been there with a welcoming word for the newbies, and she's contributed to many a thread and discussion. We love you, CW, and I hope you and your family know that there are multitudes of prayers and good thoughts being sent up on you behalf.

Reactions: Lady MacBeth

Cernex

Registered
Reaction score
Oh god... I never talked to her, but still, what a flippin' shame. I'll pray for you.

paprikapink

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
paprikapink2.blogspot.com
Wendy,
I always knew you were awesome, but I didn't know until tonight that we both named our daughters Larissa -- talk about your great minds!

Thank you for the conversations we've shared. I'm so glad I had a little chance to get to know you a little bit. Like the kids say so well, you rock!

~pkpk

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Wendy. You're very much loved here. Thank you for letting us know how things are. I send you prayers.

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
CACTUSWENDY, we love you.

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
(((((((hugs))))))) for CactusWendy. (((((((hugs))))))) to her family during this sad time.

And (((((((hugs)))))))) to everyone here who is grieving for her also.

:(