Newbie from Texas

Isenhowergirl

Isolated Wanna-Be
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Hi guys. I just joined this sight and thought I'd say hello (and hopefully find some friends). I just completed a YA fantasy novel and right now my manuscript is residing in a fancy Sony e-Reader that belongs to Wendy Schmalz from the Wendy Schmalz Literary Agency.

Does anyone know anything about Wendy? I gave her a three week exclusive (mostly because she agreed to read my full despite the fact that I never sent her a query letter) and I'm nearly a week into the wait and I haven't heard anything yet. How long does it usually take for agents to read through your manuscript? I'm hyperventillating here.

Anyway, I guess I'll plug myself while I'm at it....to check out my stuff go to www.wix.com/CandaceIsenhower/Fallen-Angels

All best,
Candace

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You can check Bewares and Backgrounds for information about Wendy. Also check Preditors and Editors

5-2.gif

Alitriona

Attends The School of AW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.caroloates.com
Hi,
I checked out your website and after taking a few minutes to figure out how to open the book got to read the start of your novel. (Having one of those weeks, anything but writing!) It's interesting so far and I'd like to read some more (when I should be writing of course!). I have a question for you, if that's OK. I got the impression that agents and publishers don't like writers to put to much of their MS on their website and since you've gotten as far as a full, I was wondering if you had any problems with this?

Preditors and Editors has a $ sign beside her name, I'm new here but as far as I know thats good. Although I've heard to be suspect of someone requesting a MS when you didn't query. Sorry I know that's not much help.

By the way welcome :)

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome! :)

ladybugger

Registered
Reaction score
As a fellow Texan, I must start by saying, "howdy!"

Welcome, and all the best!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

Yellow Rose

America: A Dream Come True
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome.

Hi guys. I just joined this sight and thought I'd say hello (and hopefully find some friends). I just completed a YA fantasy novel and right now my manuscript is residing in a fancy Sony e-Reader that belongs to Wendy Schmalz from the Wendy Schmalz Literary Agency.

Does anyone know anything about Wendy? I gave her a three week exclusive (mostly because she agreed to read my full despite the fact that I never sent her a query letter) and I'm nearly a week into the wait and I haven't heard anything yet. How long does it usually take for agents to read through your manuscript? I'm hyperventillating here.

Anyway, I guess I'll plug myself while I'm at it....to check out my stuff go to www.wix.com/CandaceIsenhower/Fallen-Angels

All best,
Candace

Hi, welcome to the boards, I only joined a coupla days ago an am still trying to navigate, but hey it's fun, and very interesting. I'm trying a Literary Agent back in Britain and I believe it can take a couple weeks to answer depending on how many manuscripts they got ahead of you. Glad you didn't find PublishAmerica - I found out too late!
Good luck,
www.susanhaven.zoomshare.com is my web site.

RiseBeauty

Registered
Reaction score
Regdog is right. Check Bewares and Background Checks. That forum is a jewel for checking out agents and agencies.

Welcome!