Not open for further replies.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Update

I exchanged email with Susan Morris today, wishing her luck and good humor as she and her team pore through the final entries. Here's what she said:

"In answer to your question, we will endeavor to call everyone we want to see a full manuscript from by Friday the 23rd, but in case we are unable to contact someone by phone for some reason, you shouldn't give up hope unless you receive a rejection letter. If we can't contact someone by phone, they should expect to receive a letter asking for a full copy of their
manuscript.

"Speaking of which, if anyone has moved recently--or changed their phone number--they should make sure we have their updated contact information.
I know that at least two people's SASEs have bounced back to Wizards
with a note from the post saying that the addressee no longer lives
there."

So folks, if your contact information has changed, LET WIZARDS KNOW.

dragonjax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
ANOTHER UPDATE: DEADLINE CHANGING

This literally just in from Susan:

Hi Jackie,

A brief update--after consulting with the other editors, we have decided
to call those that we want to see full manuscripts from after the New
Year (probably sometime between the 3rd and the 6th of January). So if
you haven't gotten a rejection slip by the end of break, it's probably
good news.

Best,
-susan

There it is, folks: If they want you, they'll call you AFTER January 2. And once again, no rejection slip at this point is still good news.

NicoleJLeBoeuf

a work in progress
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nicolejleboeuf.com
dragonjax said:
This literally just in from Susan:

A brief update--after consulting with the other editors, we have decided to call those that we want to see full manuscripts from after the New
Year (probably sometime between the 3rd and the 6th of January). So if
you haven't gotten a rejection slip by the end of break, it's probably
good news.
Thanks, Jax!

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
Arrrgg! The insanity!:scared:

Uh, sorry. Hi everyone. Long time lurker; first time poster. I've been quietly watching the progression (or lack there of) for the past several months and I'm about ready to pull my scraggly gray hairs out. For me, the waiting is more painful because I don't even know if they still have my manuscript or is it sitting in the public restroom in case they run dry of two ply. Jax, you've been in contact with Ms. Morris, has she indicated whether or not your submission is still under consideration? Any way to find out?

Pike

dragonjax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Pike said:
Arrrgg! The insanity!:scared:

Uh, sorry. Hi everyone. Long time lurker; first time poster. I've been quietly watching the progression (or lack there of) for the past several months and I'm about ready to pull my scraggly gray hairs out. For me, the waiting is more painful because I don't even know if they still have my manuscript or is it sitting in the public restroom in case they run dry of two ply. Jax, you've been in contact with Ms. Morris, has she indicated whether or not your submission is still under consideration? Any way to find out?

Pike
Pike, I haven't asked about my submission directly. I'm in the same boat you are. :) But believe me, if, by January 7 I haven't received either a rejection letter (no!!!!) or a phone call (please!!!), I'll be contacting Ms. Morris on January 9 and asking whether all entries have been accounted for, and if people haven't heard anthing, should we assume the entry was never received. (I may do this anyway, if folks here indicate they never got a response.)

Hang in there. At least we're in the home stretch. :hat:

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thanks Jax.

That's what I keep telling myself but the other voices, well the stronger of the group, keeps informing me that I'm wasting my time. I suppose he's a buddy of the internal editor.

Actually, I was hoping to get rejected by now so I could resubmit a stronger, faster, more powerful than before novel. Until then I'll continue chewing my nails like everybody else.

Pike

Pencilone

Muse Lover
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Jax for keeping us informed.

Maybe I've got the Christmas blues, but I don't believe these guys anymore.:hat:

dragonjax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Pike, you can still submit to the current Open Call--nothing's stopping you. :)

Pencilone, one of the things Susan said to me in her email is that she truly believes in having communication between writers and editors. So I'm expecting her (and Wizards) to keep their word...and to let us know (again) if the deadline changes.

Hey, we've got ((counts)) 17 days, so to speak. Let's take some time off from the countdown and pick it up again the first week of January. What say you all?

(Modified: Okay, I just checked my postal mail, and no rejection yet. This ain't me counting down. I'm, um, reporting that there's still no news. Yeah, that's right--still no news!)

:sleepy:

Last edited:

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hold off on the countdown? I just joined in. Though I think that my mail carrier is aware of my stellar anxiety levels. Today, he threw the mail in my box as he raced by. I searched the box and general area for my rejection but none came today. Phew.

Jax, you're right about resubmitting. I've been holding back on the notion out of stubbornness. I probably should buckle down this week/ weekend and craft a new synopsis and outline. After submitting my first proposal I've re-written over half the novel. Funny what a little nervous tension can do.

Pike

Uncletrunx

Limited by talent
Registered
Reaction score
That's a relief for me to hear!

I thought I'd screwed up by changing the ending!

In other news, no news yet here. But then I expect it about January 6th / 7th, as the Christmas post backlog will have to clear, and it'll be coming from the USA.

In the meantime, let's all sing happy Christmas songs:
Oh, tidings of comfort and joy...

Pencilone

Muse Lover
Registered
Reaction score
I've just had a yummy chocolate cake that restored my hope. :Sun: I've still got with me a full plate, so please help yourselves!:Cake:

I guess I was a bit grumpy before because I have not been writing for the past 3 weeks (life just got in the way)...

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
3 kids, 6 cats and work is just across the street. I feel your pain. But it's those things that drive me to write harder (especially work so I can someday quit and move far, far away).

Here's to writing the blues away! And still nothing here on the acceptance/ rejection front.

Myrddin

Crawling toward the light
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saetter.com
Today is a day to celebrate: All letters went out. If you're getting a letter, it's coming soon. If you're getting a call, it'll be worth the wait.

dragonjax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Myrddin said:
Today is a day to celebrate: All letters went out. If you're getting a letter, it's coming soon. If you're getting a call, it'll be worth the wait.
Right...so if you're in the US, then starting Tuesday, approach your mailbox with caution. :)

GOOD LUCK to everyone still waiting!

(Me, I still have dibs on #387.)

Captain_Campion

Registered
Reaction score
Don't bank too hard on the US mail. I sent in a submission for the open call ending January 1st (the one that's currently open). It got there, finally, but took five days using Priority-mail (that's 2-3 days, kiddies).

Next time, UPS.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and have a great New Year. May we all meet again next year at a New York Times Best Seller List Holiday Party.

Status
Not open for further replies.