Critique Circle #1 (North American-centric; 9PM Central; Last Monday of the Month)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Inky, I was giving a chance for the others to respond with their thoughts. I certainly didn't mean to ignore your question. The answer is: Shouldn't be a problem. Submit what you need help with or want feedback on at the time, regardless of what you've submitted previously. It wouldn't even have to be the opening chapters.

If anyone does submit non-opening chapters, you may wish to give us a short description of what's come before, though.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
I received a question through the European crit circle. I have not laid down a lot of prerequisites for participating and don't intend to do so, but you do have to be a registered member of AW to join in. You can have one post and no more, that's fine, but if you want to participate in any of the crit circles using AW's resources, you must first register with AW.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
i'll have to send my regrets on this group. too busy. sorry. best of luck.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
thanks jed! appreciate your help :D

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
Birol- would it be possible to post a list of everyone who is participating in this session?

ejwriter

lurk & learn
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yes a list would be nice. Will our aw handles be the same in the chat room?

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
The chat room was created yesterday and all sorted out. I've given Lori the info (the room is called AWCritCircle) and the passwords and directions of how to get in. As I don't know who has signed up I will let Lori sort out sending the passwords out for all of you. I'll also plant myself in there later (probably after 11:30pm GMT) if anyone wants to practice gtting in, then, if any problems you can PM me and I'll try and sort them out.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yes a list would be nice. Will our aw handles be the same in the chat room?

When you enter a chat room, the handle you use is entirely up to you. However, for this exercise, it would be less confusing and certainly easier on me and everyone participating if each of you would choose to use your AW userid.

Birol- would it be possible to post a list of everyone who is participating in this session?

I understand, but the best I could give is a list of everyone who has registered. I'm not really keeping track of everyone's schedules or asking everyone to report who will and will not be there. That would be micromanaging and the death of me. Plus, you're all adults. You know what your priorities are.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Entering the Chat Room

To enter the chat room from AW:

• Click on the link at the top of the forums that says Visit the AW Chat Room!
  • Next to Nick, enter your AW userid (or the id you want to use in the chat room).
  • Next to Please Enter the Name of the Room you want to go to, type AWCritCircle
  • Next to Channel/Room Key (optional) type birolsangels.
  • Click Connect to StarChat

From an IRC:

• Open your IRC.
  • Type /join awcritcircle birolsangels
  • Press enter. This should open up the chat room we will be using.
  • If necessary, change your nick to your AW userid.

As I type this, Jed and I are both in the chat room should anyone wish to test their options.

Last edited:

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
oh, and make sure you type the password/key correct as a few have had problems.

It's birolsangels not birolsangles.

I'll give reps for those who can tell me the difference :D

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yep! :D

I have to write my thoughts down as I read anyway or else I'd never remember them :rolleyes:

EclipsesMuse

Questing
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, it seems I'm going to run about 20-30 min late since I get off of work at the time this starts.

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Ready here. I'll have some other people around at 9, but they're used to my computer appearing at odd times. Notes typed up and everything.

The 350-character limit helps with concise writing!

quickWit

Totally Ninja!
Registered
Reaction score
I hate to be a pooper, but I won't be able to make it tonight. I have comments ready for Shea, though. I'll PM her and ask how she'd prefer to handle it, unless you have a protocol you'd prefer to follow, Lori.

Sorry to bail so late in the game. I plan on making the next one, so don't drop me yet, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.