Status
Not open for further replies.

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Guys, maybe there was a mistake made when it comes to her publication credits. She's saying she's not the person everyone was linking to, that her book with Grand Central is called Heart Shaped World, and she doesn't know what that other book is or who that other person is.

She's still totally in the wrong for being so childish on her blog, and calling people names (such actions are never acceptable, especially not in public), but maybe a real error has been made? Can anyone with google fu check this out?

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
I was just thinking that same thing, that maybe there WAS a mistake. But I DO find it interesting that there's also a fake book cover with a fake GCP publication mark on it. I DID see the title of her book on her blog, but there's no link - not to the publisher, nor the book cover, not anything. Just a half a page blog.

There's no way I can believe that a big publisher like GCP would give her a hard time about errors in her book, spell her name wrong on the cover (though I'm sure it happens, they FIX stuff like that without complaint), and don't argue with authors over covers. Doesn't happen. And there's no way GCP's turnaround time is 6-8 months.

And if she really IS with GCP (and I doubt it, considering her writing samples),how is it she still doesn't have an agent? She might have been invited to submit, but at the first hint of a contract offer, she could have had her PICK of agents.

Something still smells like fish. Two and two is not five, no matter how hard you try.

Not ONLY that, but she says the 'book's not ready' and publication date has been pushed back, but if it's in the next three-four months, it SHOULD be on Amazon for pre-order, and it's not, but she says it's because it's not ready.

She really doesn't understand about publishing, and if she's fibbing she'd not doing a very good job.

Last edited:

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Guys, maybe there was a mistake made when it comes to her publication credits. She's saying she's not the person everyone was linking to, that her book with Grand Central is called Heart Shaped World, and she doesn't know what that other book is or who that other person is.

She's still totally in the wrong for being so childish on her blog, and calling people names (such actions are never acceptable, especially not in public), but maybe a real error has been made? Can anyone with google fu check this out?

On Amazon.com, GCP has books available for pre-order through February 2011. I didn't find any book with the title "Heart Shaped World" from GCP or any other publisher, at least on Amazon.com. If she has a book coming out, it certainly isn't this year, at least not under that title.

ETA: She won't say when the publication date is because it's "been delayed" so she can fix a few errors in the book. :Wha:

Last edited:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
She says both that her book isn't ready and that it's on submission (she just got a partial request!). She's sinking in her own conflicting stories.

(TP, page back a bit and you'll find where someone did some Google Fu based on her blog posts and found her FB and then her PA book.)

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
So I found a "Heart Shaped World" kicking around the internet. Right title, right down to the ungrammatical lack of a hyphen. Seems to be the right genre, romance. The writing style looks similar to my eyes. Plus the protagonist is a fan of the same musician the author is obsessed with - Chr*s Is**k.

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score
Well I've just checked out Grand Central and they have no title Heart Shaped World listed or slated for future release.

Toothpaste

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
She says both that her book isn't ready and that it's on submission (she just got a partial request!). She's sinking in her own conflicting stories.

(TP, page back a bit and you'll find where someone did some Google Fu based on her blog posts and found her FB and then her PA book.)

Actually the claim is she has one book being published by Grand Central, and has another one that she is subbing to agents.

And I know that people did google fu and came up with he FB and PA stuff, but with the new information with the title of her book etc, I was hoping there was a way to actually prove she wasn't lying, and that indeed there had been a mistake. It doesn't take away from her lack of professionalism on the blog, but it would be nice to vindicate her name somewhat seeing as people have accused her of flat out lying and photoshopping Grand Central's logo on that book that she claims has nothing to do with her.

Parametric - any word if the book is being published by Grand Central?

Reaction score
James is pissed off at this thread.
JamesPurefoy30.jpg

He's gonna shoot someone.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
So I found a "Heart Shaped World" kicking around the internet. Right title, right down to the ungrammatical lack of a hyphen. Seems to be the right genre, romance. The writing style looks similar to my eyes. Plus the protagonist is a fan of the same musician the author is obsessed with - Chr*s Is**k.

That seems to be a Linkin Park fansite. Is it real-person fanfic?

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score

I just had to check out that link.

Listen Pet, if that landed on my desk I would have rejected you with a form letter after sentence one.

Christine N.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
No, that's not the same person, unless she's got a different email address...

Wait, I have to back up a few posts...oh yes, that fake GCP cover on FB. The profile has the SAME email address as the blog does, because in one of her comments somewhere someone wanted to talk to her and she gave them the address. this one, actually:
linky

Matches the email on THIS FB account:

Definitely her, she's trying some plausible deniability and it's not working. Just digging a bigger hole. I thought it might have been a mistake, but she didn't quite cover her tracks well enough.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
That seems to be a Linkin Park fansite. Is it real-person fanfic?

It's not RPF, as far as I can tell. Just your run-of-the-mill self-insert romance with a side order of pepper jack cheese (self-insert shares the author's unusual tastes).

Toothpaste, there's nothing on the thread about Grand Central. But while this was posted back in 2006, and four years is a long time in writing, I think if you read the first few paragraphs you'll be able to form a pretty strong opinion on its saleability.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com

"Heart Shaped World" is the name of Isaak's breakout album, so I'm not surprised there may be other stories by different authors floating around with the same title.

Toothpaste

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
No, that's not the same person, unless she's got a different email address...

Wait, I have to back up a few posts...oh yes, that fake GCP cover on FB. The profile has the SAME email address as the blog does, because in one of her comments somewhere someone wanted to talk to her and she gave them the address. this one, actually:
linky

Matches the email on THIS FB account:

Definitely her, she's trying some plausible deniability and it's not working. Just digging a bigger hole. I thought it might have been a mistake, but she didn't quite cover her tracks well enough.

Wow. That's very interesting. And amazing detective work. How did you do it?

And I must admit to being quite sad to discover that she's just simply lying. It's just . . . well I am stupidly optimistic about people. Sigh.

Toothpaste

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
And . . . she's just deleted the post where she gave the email address.

Unfortunately, we all saw it, and now we know just how aware she is of her own guilt in the matter. She's not crazy, she's manipulative.

(can anyone find the cached page for that old entry?)

Christine N.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
Yeah, then she said, 'who's email is that?' and I knew she had deleted it.

Too late, chicky. I wish the person who told her, hadn't. Now she's deleting any comment she doesn't like - ie: the truth.

I'd bet anything that FB goes private later or disappears altogether.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
She also deleted a comment calling her out on her book not being in GCP's 2010 catalog.

Christine N.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
She's sticking her fingers in her ears, saying "la la la, I can't hear you!"

The blog to her novel, Heart-Shaped World, has no entries. The profile says her name is Jennifer Edwards, which is obviously a pseudonym. There is no mention of a publisher, which, I don't know, most writers I know shout the name of their publisher from the rooftops and put up every scrap of information regarding the book's progress on their blog. Not that it's a requirement, but she puts enough energy into the rejection blog, you think she'd be excited for her novel and blog about that instead.

I can't decide if she's delusional or just painted herself into a corner and can't figure out how to get out.

Last edited:

Toothpaste

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Pity. Though I did find the cached "Alive and Kicking" page where it says at the bottom there are 6 comments, but when you open it it then has the new and improved 5.

What a horrible piece of work she is. Now I've gone from wanting to defend her honour, to really pissed off. The idea that she could possibly snag a publisher/agent with her dishonesty and cruelty, when there are all these hardworking honest authors out there . . .really gets my blood boiling . . .

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
And . . . she's just deleted the post where she gave the email address.

Unfortunately, we all saw it, and now we know just how aware she is of her own guilt in the matter. She's not crazy, she's manipulative.

(can anyone find the cached page for that old entry?)

Do you know what entry it was on? If so, google her blog name + the post title or date. That's how I found the cache for her viral post.

Reaction score
I just read her latest blog entry.

Apparently negative attention from haters is better than no attention at all...and yes, we're haters. We're so, so jelouse. We want to be just like you, dear.

I've known people like her before. They take any form of attention as jealousy on the part of the other person or better than nothing, or some form of validation.

Listen, idiot: we're laughing at you, because every day you shoot yourself in the foot again. And if you're so happy with your poxy partial request, why call yourself the Rejection Queen?

Status
Not open for further replies.