Status
Not open for further replies.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
OK, folks, I've squashed the Love Battles (sorry to be a killjoy), but I still like what My-Immortal was trying to do, so I have another thought on showin' the love.

Anyone can name another person on this board King/Queen of the Day. Just post here to say who you're electing and why, and let the fawning begin! Everyone else can join in to say why they appreciate that member, and the royal member gets to make royal decrees and stuff. :)

So!

Today I elect Sean D. Schaffer King for the Day because he always makes me smile, and he always has a kind word for everyone he encounters.

:e2crown:

Thanks, King Sean!

--
EDITED: The royal reigns were moving too swiftly for us to keep up, so now we've decided to have Royalty for the Week instead of Royalty for the Day. And the tradition is for the current king or queen to name a successor.

Last edited:

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
JennaGlatzer said:
Today I elect Sean D. Schaffer King for the Day because he always makes me smile, and he always has a kind word for everyone he encounters.

:e2crown:

Thanks, King Sean!

I wholeheartedly concur with your choice, and offer my humble services to King Sean, such as they are.

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
emoteHail.gif
Your majesty... Hail to Chief Sean

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
Good choice, Jenna. Sean's the greatest! But your title for this thread led me to expect a report on PA's payments to authors.

Reaction score
Off with his head!

(I have to be the rebel at court; what else do you expect of me)?

Chacounne

Registered
Reaction score
Your Majesty,

Let me add to the reasons the others have mentioned : your willingness to share your struggles, both personal and professional. I admire your bravery tremendously; you inspire me every day.

Three cheers for King Sean!
Hip Hip Horray! Hip Hip Horray! Hip Hip Horray!

Chac/Heather

Lady of Prose

Member - the "Sting Gang."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hail, Hail, to His Majesty. :)

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Kinda short reign ol' Sean is getting, since he didn't ascend the royal folding-chair (soon-to-be-made-of-solid-gold-and-look-very-throne-like) until after 7:00 pm.

And Sean doesn't strike me so much as 'kingly' as so obviously 'princely'...

I hereby suspend your tributary payments for a fortnight, Sean, in honor of your kingship. (I get to do that, because I'm an emperor)

Rob

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
robeiae said:
Kinda short reign ol' Sean is getting, since he didn't ascend the royal folding-chair (soon-to-be-made-of-solid-gold-and-look-very-throne-like) until after 7:00 pm.

You do have a point. Perhaps the person who elects tomorrow's Royalty of the Day would be kind enough to do it in the afternoon, so as not to give Sean too short a reign. ;) He may need time to figure out what he wants from his royal servants...

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sean is an excellent choice. *salute*

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Sean is the perfect guy for King for a Day--perpetually a gentleman, honestly concerned for others, and seriously committed to his writing.

Sean, you bring a lot to this community. I'm really glad you're here. (it might not be amiss, if we nominate someone, to drop a link in their PM box...)

Last edited:

special needs

Resident Airhead
Registered
Reaction score
Do our Kings and Queens have to send us cookies. Chocolate chip, please....with Ahn Hyun-Soo on top....

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
You do not make requests of the King, the King makes requests of you. (What do you think this is, a democracy or something?)

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
reph said:
Good choice, Jenna. Sean's the greatest! But your title for this thread led me to expect a report on PA's payments to authors.

:ROFL:

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
Usurping all others, I elect Rachel (Celia Cyanide) Queen For a Day. And once she is in power, may she maintain her throne with a ruthless (and sexy) mein! And if her uppity Catholic sister, Mary tries to dethrone her...well, to the Tower with thee!

Now, the only question is, do I get to be:

1) Robert Dudley (yeah, yeah yeah)

2) Sir Walsingham

3) Sir William Cecil

4) Mary of Guise,

5) Duc d'Angou (please God, no!)

all according to the film, Elizabeth?

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
Hey! You can't elect a new royalty yet. . . Sean is still in his reign! Show some respect to your king. . .

Anyway, I would have to say that the next Queen would have to be the Queen herself, Jenna Glazter.

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
werencole said:
Hey! You can't elect a new royalty yet. . . Sean is still in his reign! Show some respect to your king. . .

Anyway, I would have to say that the next Queen would have to be the Queen herself, Jenna Glazter.

:) Yeah, yeah, but all kings must have their (platonic) queens. I'm just saying, at the end of the day, only one of them is going to step down, and if anybody else steps up, it's time for a most queenly throwdown;)

SeanDSchaffer

I'm a bit late, but....

I don't know what to say, everyone. I never thought I would be King of anything for any amount of time. Thank you kindly. You are all the best.

EmoteHug2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.