*waves*

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I know I know! Where have I been?

I didn't mean to abandon you all. Come in as new mod and just walk away. I swear!

I did just get back from vacation with my family and a few AW friends and their families. So that was a blast! I'm still recovering from what we lovingly refer to as "Camp Runamuck, Kentucky". Truly it was Cumberland Falls in Corbin, KY - in the Daniel Boone National Forest and it was fabulous.

:)

So needless to say, I've been absent in my mod-ness here and I haven't been minding my rooms much lately.
That's about to change now that things are a little more normal in real life.

So, tell me what you want to do?

weekly prompts?
a contest?
a catch-all chat thread?

Put me to work! :)

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Good to have you back! You did bring the brownies, right?

The All things Middle Grade has turned into a catch-all chat about writing stuff...

I don't know about everybody else. I have two kids, a mother recovering from shoulder surgery, a full-time job...I'm up to my eyeballs in life. So I usually check in to AW once a day, and squeeze in time to work on my latest WIP once a day. Plus a few blogs I like to keep tabs on, plus querying Boomerang, which hasn't provided a whole lot of encouragement so far...

Short answer: I don't have time for a weekly prompt, but I'd enjoy seeing what other folks come up with, if they're interested.

Mostly we just need the person who keeps the crazies under control...

nitaworm

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Hey! Hope you had a great vacation :-D

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
i had a fabulous vacation. I knew I needed one. I didn't realize really how much until I was there. :)

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, and welcome back! We are a very well behaved group and didn't burn the house down in your absence. (Now, had we known you were away . . . )

That vacation thing seems like fun. I'll have to try one.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A general chat thread that doesn't necessarily stay on topic would be sweet. I vote we call it The Bouncy Castle because bouncy castles are awesome.

Prompts would be neat. Kids SYW section is a bit quiet.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
here's the vacation crew (my husband and AuntyBug's husband were taking the pictures so they aren't in the group shots)
Thats Stew, Perks, AuntyBug, MelanieHoo and Leukman and our kiddos!
:)
P6180359.jpg

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Love the picture, Stew! It looks like you're standing in my backyard. :D

I'd love to have monthly prompts (I'm not sure I could make time for weekly prompts). I've been in a writing slump lately, because I've been so overwhelmed with work. Prompts would be a fun, no-pressure excercise, so at least I'd be writing SOMETHING. :)

The catch-all thread will be fun, too. As Judy mentioned above, the MG thread has turned into that somewhat, but there may be PB and CB writers who don't visit the MG thread.

:)Smish

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Your kids are nicer than my kids. My boys would hurt me if I made them wear matching t-shirts!

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
They only had to wear the shirts for the pictures. :) They didn't have to keep them on.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Most of them are even smiling, too. You have them well trained.