View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 12:20 AM   #20
MacAllister
'Twas but a dream of thee
El Jefe

MacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ken, yes. I'm a bit harsh -- but I see AE spreading misinformation all over this board while pretending to be a publishing industry professional, and pretending to expert knowledge...then he comes in here and asks something boneheaded like this, that anyone who can pass basic freshman comp ought to AT LEAST know how to look up.

Now, certainly this is the internet -- and a LOT of people on the Web are pretending to one degree or another. But I'm not going to let his baldly false and ignorant assertions just go by without pointing out that just because he calls himself an editor, if he doesn't have the skills, the knowledge, or even understand the most basic use of an editor's fundamental tools?

He's pretender. He's a poseur -- and that can do real and lasting damage to the people who know even less than he does, who might be in danger of taking him at his word.

Sofa Monkeys - Pop Culture for the Short Attention Span | Creating Home - Living well, creating a home, and cooking with Mom! | Stones In the Field - Random notes and maunderings

Last edited by MacAllister; 07-22-2011 at 08:29 AM.