Not open for further replies.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Given Bookwhirl's poor rep for spamming and poor English skills, that might not be a good one to associate your book with?

BigBooksNY

Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.booksandbuzz.com
I also like blog tours. Finding bloggers, highly influential ones of course, in your genre or subject and setting up interviews. Direct links to Amazon, the bloggers get their affiliate fee, and everyone's happy.

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
I've been sharing chapters of my work on places such as Scribd, Wattpad and Inkpop. Not much traffic from them, but it's one of my 'set and forget' options. I focus more on social marketing right now, but plan on going headfirst with review blogs and of the like later.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Can someone explain to me how these sites work?

Use small words please.

I just landed a contract for my MS to be published as an E-Book and while it still has to go through their editor, I want to be ready to promote it.

I'm gonna do a website and blog, but I don't know where to go with them.

Jess Haines

Boldly going nowhere in particular.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jesshaines.com
I'd say Shelfari, LibraryThing and Goodreads are the main ones to worry about. The others might be good (I wouldn't know, as I haven't explored them), but those three are the main ones I see linked on reviewer websites in my genres (romance, urban fantasy, etc).

Jbennett

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.GirlWithBrokenWings.com
Does anyone have any concrete data on if these sites actually produce any results? Is anyone seeing a difference in sales/traffic/interest after posting?

A lot of promotion feels like taking shots in the dark.

Thanks

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I have had literarally thousands of reads on Booksie for dozens of novels and articles, but I couldn't really tell you if that translated into any sales. Heck, it might have, because I've put up sample chapters, but there is no way for me to tell. I do know that the net-working traffic is rather slow, but there are readers out there that click on me all the time.

Tri

victoriafoyt

Registered
Reaction score
I have been getting some website traffic through from these sites but like triceratops says it's really hard to say if it's translating to sales.

I was reading a good article about SEO (search engine optimization) for websites the other day though and they said that it's good to have your site listed in as many places as possible online. With that in mind, it probably can't hurt to sign up for them and link back to your website if you have one.

It only takes a few minutes per site... so it's probably worth it in my opinion. :)

K. Victoria Chase

Registered
Reaction score
Website
torilounge.blogspot.com
Wow, Victoria. What a list. Thank you! :) And thanks to all the others posting the sites they find. I have an ebook coming out in 2 weeks and who knew all these sites existed? I sure didn't...

Status
Not open for further replies.