Not open for further replies.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Wasn't Farscape produced in Aus?

That was some excellent Sci-Fi Space Opera right there.

Um, yes it was. And cancelled once we got to season three. Because that's how we roll here.

But you're right, it was excellent while it ran.

I'm thinking it has something to do with this AtCT she's constructing. :Shrug:

Um, yes. Which I'm not promising will make any logical sense

_Sian_

Registered
Reaction score
Website
As The Cantina Turns

I apologise in advance :evil

It was a chilly winter's day in the Cantina, because the Brits had brought their little thunder clouds in with them, and the Aussie had somehow managed to break the climate control system. Fen, looking bruised and battered, wandered in, searching under the bar and around the Cantina as if she was missing something.

"Fen!" Raventongue, who had been surveying the Cantina's veggie patches, wandered over. "What are you looking for?"

"My horse." Fen frowned at the glasses, hanging above the bar, then looked around the Cantina. "Where is everyone? I need to ask if they've seen him. And possibly get Jallences to help catch him."

Raventongue shrugged. "I think Shuemais and 10 went off to see if they could find some new pants for Ace. They seem to be the responsible ones around here. Everytime he takes them off, the pants seem to dissappear.

"Baa-a-a-a."

A sheep, chewing on a pair of jeans, popped it's head around the bar. A riding bridle also hung from it's mouth.

Both Raventongue and Fen looked at each other, and at the sheep. It seemed to be wearing a sweater made out of smibble fur.

"That's my horse's bridle!"

"That's Ace's pants!"

Both of them charged after the sheep, who turned and ran, jumping over smibbles and around the celebrity vault that kept the Avengers and the Firefly cast inside for safe keeping.

Fen rounded the corner first, and was there just in time to see the sheep bleat, and jump down a rabbit hole.

"What the..." Ignoring Raventongue's cry of horror, Fen gathered momentum, and dived down after the sheep.

Darkness engulfed her.

When she woke up, it was to a view of the sheep, munching away and finally gulping down the last leg of the pants and the bridle. It baaa-ed once in Fen's face, and then ran away, grinning.
A random sparkling unicorn flew by in an awful hurry, and Fen frowned at it. Something was off. Here. For one..

She looked down at herself. She was pretty sure last time she looked, she hadn't been a horse.

"Hey!" She tried to speak, but all that came out was a whiny. Looking around, she saw the Cantina's bar, as if she'd never left it. But instead of the magic filling glasses, there was a barkeeper - a blond boy with incredibly dark eyes who looked nowhere near old enough to be near a bar.

"What is going on," She thought, and then clip-clopped over to where what looked like a group of smibbles. They were seated at the bar, ordering drinks from the barkeep. The barkeep looked up, and his eyes widened. A minute later, the smibbles looked up too, their eyes glowing, teeth showing.

"Foooooooood." The words chittered through their very evil looking teeth. Fen's eye flickered nervously to the nearby camp-fire, by which the sheep sat, chewing on a plate of meat and looking very happy with it self. Slowly, the smibbles hopped down off their seats, and started to advance towards Fen.

"Free drinks!" The barman called suddenly, pouring some foul smelling liquid into a long trough that lined the bar. The smibbles turned, and as one, rushed to the sludgy liquid. Fen took this as a chance to try and creep out towards where she thought the celebrity vault might be, to see if she could get back to her Cantina.

The sheep materialised in front of her, and baa-aa-ed evilly, red eyes glowing.

All of a sudden, a shot sounded. Fen cringed, and looked over at the evil smibbles but they were all slumped on the ground, or wandering around in a daze. The barman carefully stepped from behind the bar, jar of sleeping medication clasped in his hands.

The barkeep's face looked awfully familiar...

Another shot, this time over the sheep's head, and a blond girl, wearing a white and blue Alice-in-Wonderland dress walked forwards carrying a large rifle. The sheep took one look at her, and ran to hide behind the bar.

"Fen!" The tinny voice came from high in the clouds - Fen looked up, and saw a baby dragon descending. "We need to get out of here before the smibbles come round."

Who are you? Fen tried to say, but all that came out was a nervous whinny. But the blond woman with the rifle seemed to understand.

"That's Kricket. Quick, follow her - BigWords and Sara are trying to figure out a way to get us out of here."

Fen blinked warily at the gun.

"It's me, Jallenecs. Now come on, before the sheep brings back reinforcements!"

Kricket was already flying in the direction of the gardens, so Fen galloped after her. After all, it's not like things could get much worse.

BigWords, who thankfully looked human, if a bit like Boris Karloff, was sitting by a very locked looking trapdoor, scanning through what looked like an encyclopaedic hand sewn book.

"Are you sure it's not just unicorn rainbow dust? There needs to be a password as well?"

The unicorn nodded, and continued to spray rainbow dust everywhere.

"Guys!" The young, blond man who had been the bartender ran up to them. "We don't have much time - the drugs I put in their drinks won't last forever. I think the sheep went to get help."

BigWords cursed. "This is an awfully big book of quotes, it's going to take a while to find the right one!"

Suddenly, a tinny, echoing sound filled the Cantina. A couple of beats of really annoying music, then the lyrics to Duran Duran's 'The Reflex' came on.

"That's it!" the blond boy knelt down besides BigWords and flipped to the back of the book. "When I was talking about duran duran."

"ba-a-a-a." The sheep was marching back towards them, a large herd of tentecles close behind it.

"Quickly, the number of the quote!" The boy, who Fen now realised must be ReservoirAngel, pointed at the number.

"16696!"

The trapdoor sprang open, and they all tumbled through.

Fen opened her eyes blearily, blinking up at her missing horse. Around her, the others were gradually hauling themselves up. Glancing around, she spotted Shue helping BigWords over to a bar stool, and Tifferbugs bringing over some water for everyone else. Hillary seemed to be running around, documenting what had happened, given that BigWords was too tired to do that.

"Guys, what happened?" 10 walked up to the confused crowd, holding a pile of pants. "Are you all okay?"

"Never innocent, that one." The whispered voice in her ear made Fen jump, spinning to see Boston sitting next to her.

He grinned at her, and handed her the horses bridle. "found this while looking for Raventongue near the gardens. You should be more careful where you put your stuff."

Fen watched Bos warily, and watched the way he kept looking at 10, as if for cues. When she hauled herself to her feet, she found herself watching 10, who had moved off towards the celebrity vault, supposably to see if any of the people inside had extra pants that could be lent to Ace.

Fen crept after her. Ducking around the vault and hiding in the gardens behind a particularly erect plant, she watched as Boston handed over the quote book to 10.

And that's all I've got. 10 is the mystery woman behind the curtain, Boston is the sheep (that's what his AV was the first time I showed up here, and I always imagine him as one hereafter). I know I don't have everyone in here, but I ran out of things for people to do, so I'm sorry if I didn't manage to fit you in there.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL:

I'm sorry, but if you're basing suspicions on the way Bos looks at me? :D

And yes, I'm just taking all their pants to see if there's a pair that'll fit Ace *whistles innocently*

_Sian_

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Um, the evil sheep man? I don't know. That'll do. Midnight here, and I need bed.

10 - I had a much larger connection planned, but it's midnight here, and I got tired. So you're just receiving the quote book now. There was going to be more. *yawns*

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Why is it whenever I really try to set myself on writing one thing, every other thing I could potentially be writing suddenly seems so much more interesting? It's a pain in the arse, and not in the fun way.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Sian, that was amazing! I think this might be one of my favorites so far. And the cliff hanger demands attention. Unfortunately I'm going to put a hold on writing until we move. I'll need every spare minute to pack and such.

*climbs in boat with Zan*

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Why is it whenever I really try to set myself on writing one thing, every other thing I could potentially be writing suddenly seems so much more interesting? It's a pain in the arse, and not in the fun way.

Because shiny ideas are easy. Thousands of words to solidify them are not.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Don't worry, I'm in the process of writing a manual. So far its mostly pictures and dirty innuendos.

:flag:

Um, yes it was. And cancelled once we got to season three. Because that's how we roll here.

But was brought back for The Peacekeeper Wars... which had some of the worst CGI I have seen in a long time, but was more than welcome after the awful, awful genre television which was coming out of the US at the time.

I take it you're still doing the "Should I or shouldn't I?" pre-(inevitable)purchase waffling, too?

Soooooo worth the money. :D

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But was brought back for The Peacekeeper Wars [...] Soooooo worth the money. :D

If it included The Peacekeeper Wars to wrap up the series, I probably would have already, but it does not. (And I thought Farscape went four seasons? I know I missed much of the last season, and the first season, but I thought I caught two seasons in the middle. :idea: )

And it is $50 that while isn't all that much, considering, it's still $50. And I'm trying to cut back on the impulse/non-essential buys.

:e2seesaw:

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
If it included The Peacekeeper Wars to wrap up the series, I probably would have already, but it does not.

Yeah, but it isn't as bad as other series - I had to buy three box sets to get all of SG-1. Massive PITA - though the show is entertaining on a rather base level. There are other box sets I'm sure I could convince you to get... Have you had a look at The Wire yet? Or Battlestar Galactica? Oooh, and the Babylon 5 series', though the failed pilots and the movies are on separate discs...

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Have you had a look at The Wire yet? Or Battlestar Galactica? Oooh, and the Babylon 5 series', though the failed pilots and the movies are on separate discs...

Never saw it, is on the list, and is also on the list. (Either of those last two at $50 and I probably would be waffling just as badly, too.)

ION, I'm not listening to you anymore. You are a bad, bad influence. Like asking a bartender about sobriety.

:D

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Have you had a look at The Wire yet? Or Battlestar Galactica? Oooh, and the Babylon 5 series', though the failed pilots and the movies are on separate discs...
If we're on a sci-fi recommendation thing now, I cannot second this fast enough. Any sci-fi fan should at least try to watch Battlestar Galactica.

For a more grounded sci-fi show, the show Falling Skies is pretty damn good. On it's 2nd season right now. Haven't seen any of that but the 1st season is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.