Not open for further replies.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Good afternoon everyone! I'm hoping they put me back in softlines (clothing) tonight. I've been in working in the Christmas stuff for the last three days and I'm getting tired of being attacked by glitter.

I read through the beginnings of this thread. It has the potential of turning into another troll-fest.

My aunt's dog used to eat the crouch out of her underwear.

Animals are such strange creatures. Good thing they're cute!

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Superheroes aren't just their powers. I'd imagine it could be handled in a similar manner to stories with magic-users, since superpowers are pretty much just magic in a different form. Visual arts aren't a necessity for the subject, they just help pack a little extra punch to the battle scenes. *lengthsnip*

D'oh, I realize now you meant a written online serial. For some reason I thought you were telling me to consider making a webcomic, and I was thinking, "With stick people?!"

Of course you can write an online serial without mad drawage skills... I owe my brain a punch in the 'nads :p

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Just watched three hours of Animal Planet's Too Cute! Nothing but puppies and kitties playing and exploring. Definitely feel good TV.

I'm off to work now. Good night Cantina!

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Sleepy at 10pm? Something must be wrong with me. :e2yawn:

I think I'll hit the hay...after a quick browse for pictures of Blissey. =^_^=

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
So I'm helping out my son-in-law, who has to produce a five-minute audio piece, possibly drama. Inspired by Chickenman and The Tick, I thought to create a short, very silly superhero audio drama for him to produce.

Stanley and I have been talking about it. We've worked out that the hero is named The Flounder, he uses fish as his weapon, his weakness is that he's allergic to water. The villain is Femme Fatale, a woman supervillain -- don't have a superpower yet, but I'm thinking it's sex-based -- and she's actually competent. Femme Fatale keeps coming up with good, clever bits of villainy, and The Flounder keeps defeating her with a devilish combination of gross incompetence and phenomenal good luck.

Now I'm stuck for what the first story is about. Anybody got any suggestions? It has to be short, five minutes exactly in AD format.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Super villainess is trying to get rid of all the fish from a local bay so she can deepen it so that her large cargo ships can dock there. But the trouble is, it's the only place in the world where the pink lilyfish lives (in a marble cave. And they're flamingo pink because of the same reason flamingoes are pink, shrimp or krill or whatever). And The Flounder needs to stop her whilst avoiding water.

3.30 am brain may not be making sense, but that's what I've got!

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Super villainess is trying to get rid of all the fish from a local bay so she can deepen it so that her large cargo ships can dock there. But the trouble is, it's the only place in the world where the pink lilyfish lives (in a marble cave. And they're flamingo pink because of the same reason flamingoes are pink, shrimp or krill or whatever). And The Flounder needs to stop her whilst avoiding water.

Sounds good to me! *scribbles down idea*

Shoestring

Junior Space Janitor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiding from mountain trolls. Do you smell fish?
D'oh, I realize now you meant a written online serial. For some reason I thought you were telling me to consider making a webcomic, and I was thinking, "With stick people?!"

Of course you can write an online serial without mad drawage skills... I owe my brain a punch in the 'nads :p

It can be done. :D

My brain hasn't been very cooperative either lately. Might have something to do with all the Thanksgiving yummies I had earlier...

ETA: But yeah. It might have something to do with all the anime I've been watching, but all of my stories are screaming at me to be made into some visual format. The last time I entertained these ideas I decided I was going to make them all into animated movies. By myself. I got as far as watching a couple of animation process videos before giving up on that little wonder. I'm still playing around with the comic idea though. Just need to work on my art skillz.

Last edited:

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Guess it was too good to be true, or at least get me to sleep like a normal person. :(

Hopefully moar Blissey pics will cheer me up.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Heh. After clicking that link, Shoe, I'm like, ":O Even my stick people are worse than someone else's stick people!"

I really do believe most people have about a billion things they could be good at if they put the practice in... And a small handful of things they will never, ever be good at, even with a decade of practice. Drawing, I suspect, is one of mine.

Insert obligatory height joke here. :D

Human interaction is one I don't think I will ever master.

Dewd. I know the feeling.

I think, though, if you're looking for fellow awkwardlings, you're likely in the right place. Writing isn't really known for being the go-to hobby of charismatic people.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
My brain hasn't been very cooperative either lately. Might have something to do with all the Thanksgiving yummies I had earlier...

Well, Thanksgiving in Canada was way back in October. And besides my goof-up up there, is the fact that today I asked a good friend of mine to name some of her favourite animals in an email... And she came back with a list of her favourite animes.

My dad would say, "Must be the god-damned moon." I prefer to believe there are silliness fairies that go around mucking things up with their magic, leaving a trail of crossed wires, brain farts, and minor confusion in their wake.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
who is this Blissey of whom you speak?

I'm not up with all the current attractive people you kids like...

...it's a Pokemon, actually. :D

blissey.jpg

...doesn't help that the internet is going really slow for me right now. >_<"

Stanley_Ford

Slacker Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Ford- sounds good. I think that is called a salisbury steak or somesuch.

Very similar yes. However, with Salisbury steaks they are generally put back into the gravy to stew for a bit.

Since we're on the topic of gross things animals eat, let me add my cats eating the kid's poopy diapers and my dog eating used...*ahem*...feminine products. So far no sock-stealing though. That I've discovered.

o_O? Really, is tampons so hard to say? Why be embarassed about the whole thing.

Taking a crap in your pants is something to be embarassed about. Falling up stairs and knocking yourself out is something to be embarassed about. aSomething that happens once a month and everyone with 1/4 of a functioning brain should be aware of is not something to be embarassed about.

Sorry, it's just something I don't think should be something to be weired out about.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Falling... up stairs?

Done this, although I didn't knock myself out.

Fell down the stairs once too and hit a broken curtain rod on the way down which partially impaled one foot. That stunk. I don't leave crap on the stairs anymore. Mostly.

N.P. Browning

Registered
Reaction score
Sleepy at 10pm? Something must be wrong with me. :e2yawn:
I have the same problem. 27 year old dude and I need naps to stay up passed 10pm. I don't get it!

So I'm helping out my son-in-law, who has to produce a five-minute audio piece, possibly drama. Inspired by Chickenman and The Tick, I thought to create a short, very silly superhero audio drama for him to produce.

Stanley and I have been talking about it. We've worked out that the hero is named The Flounder, he uses fish as his weapon, his weakness is that he's allergic to water. The villain is Femme Fatale, a woman supervillain -- don't have a superpower yet, but I'm thinking it's sex-based -- and she's actually competent. Femme Fatale keeps coming up with good, clever bits of villainy, and The Flounder keeps defeating her with a devilish combination of gross incompetence and phenomenal good luck.
This Flounder character sounds awesome, I was grinning while reading the description.

I lol'ed. This is great.

Soooo, I have been editing a bunch lately. And I have realized my writing is better when I am writing from the PoV of my insane/psychopath/pervert character. I guess the "write what you know" thing is trying to tell me I'm a cray cray perv. :D

Also hi new/old people!

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
*may have just broken her writers block* :D

I'm actually excited about this story again. Turns out I didn't just need a cardiac arrest to start it off, I needed a sucide.

Makes more sense that someone can magically drive someone to sucide, rather than magically make their heart stop working. At least with the magic system I have ATM.

I am definietly happier that I should be about this :D

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Ugh. I have so much crap to go over. I really hope I can go over all of it. I really do.

--

Plus, for my current WIP, it just feels like I can't get any words on the page. And I know that's not true. I'm getting a few there. It still feels like I'm not getting that many up there. Ugh. But I guess this is what rewrites are for, right?

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
As the Cantina Turns - Thanksmibble Part 3

“What the? Huh? What's happening?”

The cantinas called out, confused and disorientated in the dark. There was loud whistle, followed by a stunned silence. In the distance, someone was sounding the gong in the Cabaret to try and establish order. Sian said,

“Everyone stop right where you are. Did we pack any torches?”

“Sorry,” said Debio, “Eye said to pack towels so I took the torches out, I mean it's only two floors down to romance. What could go wrong?”

“I don't know,” Sian replied, “Maybe the lights could go out.”

“Let's just try and stay calm,” said 10s, “Everyone put your right hand on the wall, and your left hand on the shoulder of the person below you and then we'll try and find a door.”

“Er, I don't know who you are, but that isn't my shoulder,” said Max.

“I knew that,” said Sian.

The group made it's way forward tentatively, inching their way down the stone steps, trying not to fall. Behind them the noise grew louder, and the cantinas fought back panic with varying degrees of success. After what seemed like several minutes 10s called out,

“I've found the door,” she fumbled with the handle for a few seconds and Max said,

“Funny, I thought they were all swing doors on the stairs.”

“Maybe they're different on this floor,” said Debio. As they made their way through the door, 10s said,

“Hold on everyone, I think there's a turn here somewhere, I just need to find where the wall ends.”

“Is it me or does anyone else think this corridor's a bit cramped?” asked Sian.

“Yeah, and it's got a funny smell,” said Debio.

“It reminds me of school corridors,” said Max. There was a crash and a loud metallic clang as someone fell over in the dark. 10s swore.

“Are you ok?” The others asked.

“Oh yes, I'm just fine and dandy, thank you,” said 10s, her voice dripping with sarcasm, “I mean I always wanted to sit in a mop bucket in the dark.”

“Why has someone left a mop bucket in the corridor?” Asked Debio.

“You idiot, we're in the cleaning cupboard,” snapped 10s.

“Why did you bring us in here?” Asked Max, “We're supposed to be looking for romance. You're not going to find that in an unlit cleaning cupboard.”

“You need to be more flexible,” said Debio, “You can find romance anywhere.”

Sian lost her patience,

“Look, we need to get outside and we need light, right now. The cantina is in trouble and unless we can find out what's happening and get some reinforcements we're going to lose the contents of the E-Z-Freeze. Now, get 10s out of that mop bucket.”

A couple of minutes later the four cantinas were grouped together at the end of the corridor having extracted themselves from the cleaning cupboard.

“First priority – light,” said Sian, “Let's try some doors.”

The cantinas fumbled around in the dark for a while trying various doors, all of which were locked, until Sian gave a shout,

“Over here, I think I've found something,”

The cantinas groped their way along the stonework and shuffled into the room.

“It's a bit clamy in here, any ideas where we are?” Asked Debio

“None at all. I'll try following a wall,” 10s said, she tapped her hands slowly along the wall. Then there was a dull thud as she tripped over again.

“Are you ok?,” Asked Max, “Hold on, I'll follow you. Start talking so I can find you.”

There was a whirring sound by way of reply.

“What's that?” Asked Debio.

“No idea,” said Sian, “I think I can smell leather or coconut or something over to my left, it seems vaguely familiar.” Her voice grew a little more distant as she made her way further into the room.

“10s, 10s, talk to me, are you OK?” Max's voice moved into a slightly higher register, he was patting and slapping every surface within his reach trying to find 10s.

“I'm more than OK,” came the reply, the whirring sound changed pitch and was joined by another similar noise and then a third.

“Where are you then?”

“Down here,” 10s voice came from somewhere around Max's knees.

“What are you doing on the floor? Hey, what the? What is this?”

“It's a dong,” said 10s, “I fell into the box, it must be my lucky day.”

“What? A mechanical dong?” Said Debio, “Where is this?”

“Oh, I've got it now,” said Sian, “This is erotica.”

“How on Earth do you know that?” Asked Max.

“Oh, I'm, er, well travelled,” said Sian.

“I think we should have turned left at Alberquerque,” said Debio. The rest of the cantinas ignored him as they scrambled and scrabbled their way back out of the room.

“Let's try further down,” said Max, his voice echoed along the stone corridor. After a few yards he found another door which swung open easily as he touched it. There was an ethereal glow from inside.

“Ooo, spooky,” said 10s. The cantinas stepped inside cautiously,

“Can you hear singing?” Asked Debio.

“Aargh!” Yelled Sian diving behind Max for protection and nearly pulling him over

“What? What?”

“Do not be afraid,” said a voice, the cantinas looked up as a small lady who appeared to be glowing, walked down the passage towards them.

“Who? Who are you?” 10s voice cracked as she spoke. All the cantinas looked scared.

“I'm the curator,” answered the lady.

“Where the hell...” began Max.

“Down the hall, second door on the left, just past purgatory and before atheists. Oh, and mind the step. It's a doozy.”

“Er, no, excuse me,” said Max, “I mean to say, what is this place and how come you have power?”

“This is Religious and Spiritual writing young man,” the lady replied, “We have power because we have self-belief. Power comes from within. Why do you ask?”

“Oh, it's just that the power's down in the rest of the building,” said Max.

“I see,” said the curator, “Perhaps we need to become more self-reliant within the forum. May I ask why you've come here today?”

10s explained about their mission to save the contents of the cantina E-Z-Freeze.

“I'm not sure how we can help you,” said the curator, “Other than to tell you that romance is just below us on the next floor. They seem like nice people despite their over-abundance of doilies. I find it hard to believe that they would plan anything like you suggest but I suppose that we are all fallible in one way or another.”

“There is something you can help us with,” said Max, “Which way did you say hell was?”

The curator gave him a puzzled look and then pointed out ceramic tile Good Intentions that paved the road to hell. Max dashed off and returned a few minutes later with a couple of smoking torches.

“Fire and brimstone,” he explained on his return, “Impossible to extinguish.”

The cantinas thanked the curator and made their way out.

“Maybe now we can find romance,” said 10s.

“You know you say the sweetest things,” said Sian.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
AtCT Index

For those of you who can't keep up

Smibble-manay - Dec 31st - part 3

Smibbles and Amazons - Dec 31st - part 2

Operation Christmas Smibble - Dec 31st - part 1

Smibble of Zenda - Dec 7th

Thanksmibble Part 5 - Nov 27

Thanksmibble Part 4 - Nov 26

Thanksmibble Part 3 - Nov 25

Thanksmibble Part 2 - Nov 23

Thanksmibble Part 1 - Nov 09

Previous AtCTs
TJ's AtCT list

-----------------------------------------

Should you find yourself entertained, please consider giving a donation to Kids Need To Read - Thank you

Last edited:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay. The mission continues :) I didnt know we had a road to hell in AW. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.