• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Janklow & Nesbit Associates

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
Kate Schafer of Janklow and Nesbit recently requested a partial from me. I found her at AgentQuery. This is her site, http://www.agentquery.com/agent.aspx?agentid=890 I couldn't find any other website. The books it says she represented, I've actually seen them in the bookstores in the YA section, which is a good thing.

What are other's experiences with Janklow and Nesbit, specifically Ms. Schafer?

UrsusMinor

Registered
Reaction score
I have no experience with the agent in question, but Janklow & Nesbit is one of the real powerhouse agencies in the business, and has been for many years. Janklow Senior is legendary, and his son is already making waves in the business.

The agency has serious clout.

AmyC

Registered
Reaction score
Nothing new to add here, but she asked for a partial from me a few days ago, too. They are Highly Recommended at P&E which is a very good sign. I've got my fingers crossed on that one. Good luck to you, too.

Amy

Bryan Reardon

Registered
Reaction score
I know Kate. She is very nice. I submitted to her a while ago. Although I have never been repped by her, she gave me some great feedback that definitely improved my manuscript.

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
Woo hoo! This makes me excited. *does the my partial is w/ a legitimate agency, a highly reccomended, ultra cool agency dance*

AmyC

Registered
Reaction score
Well, i'm doing my sad and dejected dance over here - I just got my rejection from Kate Schafer---at least it was very quick. I hope you have much better luck - let us know how it goes.

Amy

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
I'm now sad and dejected also. Just got a rejection on my partial. She wasn't taken with my writing.

AmyC

Registered
Reaction score
Well, that stinks. Who's up for a beer?

Amy

AmyC

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry - didn't mean to promote drinking to minors!!! Somehow, I'm even more depressed now.

Amy

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As far as I know, Lynn Nesbit of Janklow and Nesbit is Anne Rice's agent. That mean's they're legit.

UrsusMinor

Registered
Reaction score
Alan Yee said:
As far as I know, Lynn Nesbit of Janklow and Nesbit is Anne Rice's agent. That mean's they're legit.

Yes, and I believe Mort Janklow is William Goldman's agent. Their client list goes on forever.

AmyC and Provrb, I understand your dejection, but the fact that you got your foot in the door there is a very good sign. Keep your chins up.

AmyC

Registered
Reaction score
December Quinn, as long as you're at least 21, please have one on me! I think everybody who's legal deserves to indulge in some kind of vice upon receiving a rejection!!

Ursus Minor, thanks for the kind words. I didn't realize they repped William Goldman - he is one of my absolute favorite writers of all time.

I'm happy to say that I queried Rebecca Gradinger there just after I got my rejection and she has requested a partial. So, with one rejection, another partial goes in.

Fingers crossed (once again!),

Amy

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Rebecca Gradinger would be open to a YA submission?

AmyC

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, Rebecca Gradinger does accept submissions for YA. She looked at mine recently. She rejected it, but she was very nice and professional. Good luck.

Amy

andracill

Registered
Reaction score
Kate Schafer just requested a partial from me, as well...I'd get all excited (well, I am), but I've had a number of very respected agents request partials/fulls, but no offers so far :(

RJ_Anderson

Pro F&SF Author for ages 10+
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rj-anderson.com
Does Janklow & Nesbit accept fantasy (YA and/or adult)? I was unable to find a website for their agency, just a lot of references on other pages. Kate Schafer's AQ page says she accepts YA, but no more detail than that...

genrewriter

Registered
Reaction score
Richard Morris' AQ page says he accepts fantasy, but I don't know if he reads YA.