Jactancy January 500 words/day--all genres welcome!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
You guys are amazing, all of you! Multiple thousands from multiple people...just fabulous!

So when do I get to read it, liz? :D

Serious answer: Hopefully November again. I'm going to work towards getting one book done per year - although since I'm still not done with the first one the clock is not really ticking yet. :)

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Cool! One a year is what I'd like to aim for as well, which means I'll need to start another straight away after I finish this WIP.

I have another zero to report. That makes nothing since Thursday. I did write most of a song, but that doesn't count. I will report words tonight or not at all.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I have another zero to report. That makes nothing since Thursday. I did write most of a song, but that doesn't count. I will report words tonight or not at all.

I don't know; I think in the grand, existential, contributing-art-to-the-world sense, a song counts.

OTOH, unless you put it in your novel, you're probably right. :D

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I'm trying to think of it like having more than one kid. Writing is my new baby, which inevitably means spending less time with the firstborn (music in this horrible metaphor), but neither should get attention at the expense of the other.

As someone without children, I would also like to point out that I have no idea what I'm talking about.

(hey! does all this rambling count as words?)

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing for the last couple of days. I've been working on some art projects instead (bit of painting and some ink drawing for a t-shirt design). I'll have to look at it tonight or tomorrow though if I'm going to enter into either of these competitions. To be honest though, I haven't decided yet if I am going to enter or if it's a stupid idea.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Some fantastic wordage. Especially, Lucie. Wow!:Trophy:

The words will come osg - and writing music and rambling do so count!;)

Zelenka, enter the contest. What have you got to lose, mate?:Hug2:

I've been shifting chapters around this weekend, which is my way of saying not many new words were produced. Managed a miserly 359 yesterday. Today, hopefully, will be better.

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
And keep in mind that I was in a slump before the past few days. I've hit the sweet spot on this next novel. 1285 words today so far but I have to go house hunting.

Wishing y'all a great write!

Lucie

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
For those with words this weekend, awesome. For those without, don't despair. I had a big fat goose egg this weekend myself. Started feeling bad Friday afternoon at work, was ready to call it a day but stuck it out. (Figure I'll save my sick days for when I'm not sick. ;) ) Stayed in a fog most of the weekend, slept most of the day away on Saturday. Got in a few hours of fresh air on Sunday and made some edits to the first part of the WIP. So, I added maybe 10 words in all.

Today is a little better, though not a lot of words this morning, it's a typical Monday at the office. Have managed a whopping 294 so far, and hope to hit 500 at least. Tough scene with Kevin in the hospital. (He is improving, even has his sarcastic sense of humor back.)

ETA: Added another 439 for a daily total of 733. Not a huge number, but hey, it's Monday! That brings the WIP to 46,021! :hooray:

Last edited:

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
290 words.

This scene is quite draining. Actually deleted more than I've written. Going to give this some thought over the rest of the night.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Hugs, Ken, for being sick. :(

Hugs, IAMWRITER, too. That's never fun.

Big fat goose egg for me, too. I was sick last night. I'm feeling better today, though.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Thanks, Saoirse and Lucie, feeling better now.

Working on the WIP today and lots of research/background on one of the new bad guys that just popped up in the book. Never knew so much about the former KGB! (Yes, I said KGB. :evil ) What in the heck has Kelli gotten into now?

So far a whopping 265 words this morning. It's a tough scene, working in details without it being too much info dump.

ETA: Added another 295 this evening for a total of 560 today. Brings the WIP total to 46,581!

Last edited:

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Glad you're feeling better, Ken. :Hug2:

I'm doing some editing on another book, so I'm in minus-word mode, but it's all good.:D

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Not sure on word count as all I've done today is tweak the opening paragraph and write a one-sentence logline for the book. I'm submitting to a free contest on Writer's Digest for SF and YA - http://www.writersdigest.com/editor...ar-lucky-agent-contest-young-adult-and-sci-fi which closes on the 31st. So got that sent off today. I still need to sort out the entry for the other one that closes on the 2nd, but that's a longer piece and synopsis, so needs a bit of work.

franky_s

still procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
Couple hundred yesterday. My time has been hijacked by Game of Thrones. I can't put it down!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Wonderful wordage from everyone!

I'm failing miserably yet again. :D I did do a wonderful beta read :))) and work has been very busy, and will get busier until after Easter. I dunno. Someone poke me!

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
No real words yet. Loads of writing-career stuff, a blog post, a bunch of pimping other writers I LOVE (like Ken Hoss), and more commitments all day, BUT it's my day off so I'll write later and report back.

Button seat!

Lucie

Is this a new MTV show? Pimp my Author :tongue

Okay, sorry, a bit off topic but I couldn't resist. To bring it back on topic, 0 words so far today. What can I say, the "day job" is taking up all of my writing time. It sucks.