International Postage

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdr

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this Jen, but it keeps on coming up so maybe you can Sticky it!

If you are having problems buying IRCs (Internationsl Reply Coupons) or don't like the huge price charged for them then you can buy stamps for these countries at these websites:

U.K. The Royal Mail: www.royalmail.com (Sheets of 100 only for £30.)
USA. The US Postal Service: www.usps.com (20 airmail stamps for $9.60)
N.Z. New Zealand Post: www.nzpost.co.nz (prepaid envelopes or stamps)
O.Z. Australia Post: www.auspost.com.au (prepaid envelopes or stamps)

Please add to the list.

SpiderGal

Princess of Nerds
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch, pdr. I didn't new you could buy foreign stamps on the internet. IRCs are pretty damn expensive. Thanks again!

Rena Andra

Registered
Reaction score
Hi ya'll. I tried to order US stamps. I live in Canada, and apparently they won't ship them here. I couldn't see myself having an account with a private company, which wants to bill a credit card monthly, just to get three stamps! So, I work in service, and today, just for a joke, asked a US client if she had any US stamps. She looked quickly for the fangs in my ears, as she couldn't see a second head. No, she had no stamps. Canada Post won't use them on her letters home. I may have to drive three hundred miles, walk across the border, and another thirty miles, to a post office, where I would spend less than two dollars for three bloody stamps! Any other suggestions?
RA

Rena Andra

Registered
Reaction score
LOL I got three stamps! I came into contact with a hot basket of chicken today, and was right out of sorts. A nice elderly lady said to me, "We have ranch sauce in the United States!" I was in pain, weary, and just had it. I said to her very kindly, "Yes Ma'am, and you have stamps for the mail there too, don't you!" Then she cracks up laughing, and told me she keeps those in her checkbook. Of course the pain dissolved momentarily, and I said if she could whip out three of them, I'd give her a gallon of ranch dressing! I got my three stamps, and her husband stood smirking the whole two minutes.
RA

pdr

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know why...

but the US post office on line now no longer deals with stamps for those of us not living in the US.

Anti-terrorist? Plain incompetence? I don't know but it is a pain. I trade stamps with a couple of Americans.

Rena Andra

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, it must be something like that. It was rather funny. I can just imagine this lady, when she gets home, and goes out for lunch with the ladies. "This crazy Canadian broad extorted stamps out of me with ranch dressing..."
Oh well. She'll never forget my expression, I'm sure.
RA

Rena Andra

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah well, just remember, carry ranch sauce for bait, and the authoritarian posties can bite me! lol Okay, it was just a surprise to have to go through hell to get a few stamps!
RA

Status
Not open for further replies.