• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Richard Henshaw Group

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Susannah Taylor with the first 50 pages based on conference guidelines. Not only did she respond within a day, it was one of the kindest rejections I've ever received. When many agents have a no response policy it was wonderful to receive thoughtful feedback even if it was a rejection.

I would certainly query this agency again with future projects.

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
Query sent

I sent a query to Susannah this morning. Will post again once I have received a response.

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
I sent a query to Susannah this morning. Will post again once I have received a response.

Got a response today declining my inquiry. Glad for the quick turnaround time though. Onward to my next queries...!

WriteStarfish

Registered
Reaction score
Richard requested 50 pages about a month ago. He replied the same day to my query letter and, based upon what I've seen here, I thought the response might be quicker. Anyone hear anything recently or know if they're experiencing delays?

leebattersby

Half Man, Half Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.leebattersby.com
I contacted Richard Henshaw via email on 9 June 2011, and received a response within a week asking for a partial, which I sent on 25 June. He requested a full manuscript 2 weeks later, and I sent it to him on 13 July. He took me on as a client in late October. He's negotiated my first contract with a publisher and kept me well informed at each step, and I was very pleased with the renegotiated contract we've ended up with. There was a bit of a gap between the request for the full and the next contact after that, but other than that I've found him open, friendly, and very good to deal with.

Decker

Old fish; alligator skin
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations Lee. It's great to hear the success stories. Gives hope to the rest of us.

AnwaarSaleh

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted a query letter moments ago. Will update if there were any news :D

BRDurkin

Trigger-Happy Pyromaniac Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bryanrdurkin.blogspot.com
Currently can't get onto their website, which was not the case a couple weeks ago, because I was able to bookmark it. P&E is also reporting their link broken. Both Richard Henshaw and Susannah Taylor take the genres I'd be querying, but does anyone know where else I might find some info on them as individuals? I'd want to know which of the two would be the most appropriate for my specific work.

Thanks!

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Currently can't get onto their website, which was not the case a couple weeks ago, because I was able to bookmark it. P&E is also reporting their link broken. Both Richard Henshaw and Susannah Taylor take the genres I'd be querying, but does anyone know where else I might find some info on them as individuals? I'd want to know which of the two would be the most appropriate for my specific work.

Thanks!

BRDurkin,

They are in the process of migrating their website to: http://richardhenshawgroup.com/

I think there have been some hiccups with the old web address redirecting to the new, and it appears that the submissions page is temporarily down at the new site.

They are both on agentquery dot com, I believe.

BRDurkin

Trigger-Happy Pyromaniac Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bryanrdurkin.blogspot.com
Thanks very much for the new link and info, hillaryjacques. I'll be sure to check them out more in depth once they've had time to get their new site up and running.

Axordil

Is this thing on?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jeffreyhowe.wordpress.com
The old website submissions URL makes my antivirus program very unhappy when I enter it. Hope they've got the new web home fully functional soon! Though it's functional enough to confirm the new physical address, and I'm probably going the snail route with them, myself.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
The old website submissions URL makes my antivirus program very unhappy when I enter it. Hope they've got the new web home fully functional soon! Though it's functional enough to confirm the new physical address, and I'm probably going the snail route with them, myself.

Oh, yikes!

The submission page appears to be up and running now. http://richardhenshawgroup.com/submissions/

Good luck, Axordil! I went the snail mail route myself when I queried. :)

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if a no from Richard is also a no from Susannah? Thanks!

Richard Paolinelli

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
Website
www.richardpaolinelli.com
I queried Susannah and got a very nicely worded rejection two days later. Then about three weeks after that I got an e-mail from Mr. Henshaw asking for a 50-page partial.

Sent it to him on Nov. 11th, fingers and toes all crossed and nightly offerings to every god known in history as I await a reply...... :Hail:

J.B.Kantt

Debut Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jbkantt.blogspot.com
I queried Susannah and got a very nicely worded rejection two days later. Then about three weeks after that I got an e-mail from Mr. Henshaw asking for a 50-page partial.

Sent it to him on Nov. 11th, fingers and toes all crossed and nightly offerings to every god known in history as I await a reply...... :Hail:

Good luck Richard!

Lindie_D

Registered
Reaction score
24 Hour turn around on a query. Sure, it was a rejection, but I still appreciate the speediness of the response.

Fiender

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recent experiences with Mr. Henshaw?