UK meet thread [Sat 27 April 2013, London]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
. Sigh . . . so when shall we do it again?

Is this the right place to say I would like to come in there is another one held in London?

PS: Hi to Mr Flibble, we met at Fantasy in the Court. I made it here at last.

Great pics - thanks Seun. Funnily enough I am the one with the Bear.

Agree with Crunchy - lets do it again soon. Anyone want to suggest dates?

crunchyblanket;8143193[B said:
]Actually if I have my own place by then, you'd all be welcome[/B]. But seun would have to sit in the shed.

I'm sorry I missed it. So when is the next one?

Hmm...would a winter meet be too soon?

Would you put down some straw for him?

How about Autumn? Cos if we do a winter one it will snow

Really sorry I missed this, what with penises and all. Life stuff intervened. Looks like you all had a great time. So, when's the next one? ;)

Terie, it looks like the discussion in this thread has already veered towards another southern meet.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Terie, it looks like the discussion in this thread has already veered towards another southern meet.

Hopefully I can make the next one. Did not anticipate April being such a shitty, shitty month for me.

JFitchett92

Registered
Reaction score
To throw myself into a strange and unusual conversation...

I'd like to do a southern meet. Missed the april one due to being on honeymoon at the time, and north would be way too far for me. Plus, I'm sad because there are no writer's groups here and I can't attend any conventions this year :'(

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
JF - Terrie has said she would organise a place and date up north during the summer, but that should not stop you from proposing a date and place down south and throwing it open to discussion. Though may be dates and places might be better than just one suggestion. The one we had back in April was good.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
I missed April's meet due to being away, and I would be happy to help organise another London-based meet.

We need some suggestions on dates, I think.

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
To throw myself into a strange and unusual conversation...

I'd like to do a southern meet. Missed the april one due to being on honeymoon at the time, and north would be way too far for me. Plus, I'm sad because there are no writer's groups here and I can't attend any conventions this year :'(

South would be way too far for me. It's impossible to please everyone with these things, but they've always been in London so far. You don't have much to worry about. ;)

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Fran, Terrie is, I think, in Manchester and she has said that she would be arranging a summer meet there. There is no reason that I know of for there not to be more than one meet being planned. There might be a reason though, for there to be a separate thread for each meet - to lower the confusion level! ;)

Shara - what time of year were you thinking of?

Raindrop

Registered
Reaction score
I'd love to come to one of these meetings (in London, or on one of the main bus roads)!

JFitchett92

Registered
Reaction score
So let's say (hypothetically) we were to arrange another southern meet. Would London be the ideal location? Or would Southampton/Portsmouth be easier for some? Or maybe Brighton?

And as for a date, would late August/September be too soon?

Throw some ideas at me and I'll see what I can arrange. I'm open to suggestions.

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
I think for a southern meet London is sort of central for many of us. Three of us - Seun, Priene and I - travelled down from various locations in East Anglia. Jimmy came from the Land of Roundabouts, aka Milton Keynes. Going to the south coast would add time and money to the trip - train into London, tube to get to the station to get the train to the south coast. As for dates - you could start a thread to get some ideas of month and then a poll of various dates.

JFitchett92

Registered
Reaction score
I think for a southern meet London is sort of central for many of us. Three of us - Seun, Priene and I - travelled down from various locations in East Anglia. Jimmy came from the Land of Roundabouts, aka Milton Keynes. Going to the south coast would add time and money to the trip - train into London, tube to get to the station to get the train to the south coast. As for dates - you could start a thread to get some ideas of month and then a poll of various dates.

Wasn't sure how many were driving or coming via train. I'm sure you can get discounts on trains into London, I don't travel that way often.

I'll make up a new thread and anyone interested can drop in.

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Wasn't sure how many were driving or coming via train. I'm sure you can get discounts on trains into London, I don't travel that way often.

I'll make up a new thread and anyone interested can drop in.

I can get discounts on rail tickets because (going into smug mode) I have a senior rail card! I think tickets can be booked ninety days in advance - that is when the cheapest ones go on sale. Not too sure who drives in, but the price of petrol + congestion charge + cost of parking can make for a very expensive day.

Looking forward to the new thread! :)

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
End August good for me, but it's holiday season and a bad time for many people.

Early September might be better?

flid76

Almost Human
Registered
Reaction score
I would love to attend a meet, north for me though. Any time in August is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.