Braggage

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations Sai and Tienci! Those are awesome news.

I have even more braggage to share: Buzzy Magazine accepted "The Tinker Bell Problem" today, after 63 days or so in the submission queue.

This will be my second story published with Buzzy.

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
I have even more braggage to share: Buzzy Magazine accepted "The Tinker Bell Problem" today, after 63 days or so in the submission queue. This will be my second story published with Buzzy.

Great news! )Glad it was held for consideration after all, not the feared lost response!)

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
congrats! And O'dandelo, I have recently found the joy of golden grahams with iced coffee (the kind by International Delights you buy in a grocery store) instead of milk. It's amazing.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Received a 96-day acceptance from Crowded Magazine for "The Anything Cloak" tonight! A celebratory bowl of Golden Grahams awaits.

Congratulations, Michael!

Did they include the feedback/ratings from the "crowd"? I'm still waiting on my response from them and am curious.

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
Received a 96-day acceptance from Crowded Magazine for "The Anything Cloak" tonight! A celebratory bowl of Golden Grahams awaits.

Congrats Michael :D! That's great news!

Plus, we're going to be ToC mates! I received an acceptance for my story 'House Hunting' this morning :D.

Did they include the feedback/ratings from the "crowd"? I'm still waiting on my response from them and am curious.

They did. My story got higher than average ratings but no comments. Oh well, I'll settle for publication.

O'Dandelo

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. And congrats, Sai! I'm excited to be TOC mates with you!

I also had zero comments on my story. And only 7 views, apparently! When I looked over the slush shortly before they closed it, it seemed to me that only flash stories were getting any substantial numbers of views. (Mine's 4400 words.) I imagine their system wasn't nearly as successful as they'd hoped.

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats O'Dandelo and Sai on your sales to CH!!

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
I also had zero comments on my story.
The Anything Cloak you say? I'm pretty sure I left a comment on that story. I wonder if they screwed up somewhere or if they haven't forwarded them to you yet.

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
The Anything Cloak you say? I'm pretty sure I left a comment on that story. I wonder if they screwed up somewhere or if they haven't forwarded them to you yet.

I'm not familiar with this market, but at ASIM slush readers are encouraged to make personal comments on the stories they read. If the story is rejected, the author gets the comments with the rejection, however, if the story is accepted you don't get the comments, just an e-mail from the editor. Maybe they have a similar philosophy at CH?

O'Dandelo

Registered
Reaction score
Eliza, Crowded has a system where authors and registered non-authors have access to the slush. They can read the stories, comment on them and/or rate them 1 to 4 stars. This was set up to help the editors choose stories. Kind of a "crowd-assisted" context, although with this first issue there weren't a lot of contributions from the "crowd."

Status
Not open for further replies.