The NFL 2012 Season

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
No, you got it all wrong! The whisky was for after the Chinese food. You have your wine, I have my whisky, Only seems fair. Plus I'll need something to bring me down from such great, euphoric heights.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Who do the Ravens have this week? Coming up here, they'll have the Steelers, which means the Steelers will have them, two out of three weeks!
Raiders and it's in Baltimore. For the games between the Ravens and Steelers, I'm thinking they split them. Steelers will win in Pittsburgh and the Ravens will win in Baltimore.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Raiders and it's in Baltimore. For the games between the Ravens and Steelers, I'm thinking they split them. Steelers will win in Pittsburgh and the Ravens will win in Baltimore.

I was thinking the same thing. Then I'd say the Steelers have to win all but one of their other games to have a good shot at getting into the playoffs.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
The only good news I can think of today for the Skins is that its a bi week for them... (I know, cruel. But it the truth. They need to get some guys healthy and back on the field.)

Today is a day I will be cheering for the Eagles to turn things around and beat the Dallas Cowgirls. Go Eagles.

There is also the Giants against the Bengals. I am hoping the Bengals wake up and beat the Giants. The NFC East could see a lot of changes today...

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
I've just been watching. Wow! Good to see them winning. 24 seconds to go, 4th and 1 for the Falcons-- Ohhh dropped ball by tony Gonzales would have given them a first- Saints win it! I'd like to see the Saints make a go of it for a playoff berth

Some shockers today- Now Bills have a shot with the Pats!

OHHHHHH Interception- game over- Pats win!

Last edited:

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
But how did they win? Were the Falcons bad?

I only caught the end of the game. Ryan threw for over 400 yds, 3 tds, they're saying a late int lost it for them. Sounds like Saints def played well in the red zone.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Giants lost...I guess they want to keep the NFC east close.

Now if the Eagles can get momentum and beat the Cowgirls, my day will be made. As far as football is concerned...

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
But how did they win? Were the Falcons bad?
Falcons turned the ball over a few times and the Saints offense is looking like they used to again. They've actually won four of the last five and now have a shot of getting a playoff spot. Not a great shot, but at the rate they're going, it could happen.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
This was a bad week for NFC division leaders. Falcons lost to Saints, 49ers tied with Rams, Bears lost to Texans, and the Giants lost to the Bengals.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Oh...my boys. What did you do?

As for our backup QB, I see skill there but he needs more play to get sharp. Some of his decision making was a tad dodgy. And he can pack it in with the lateral passes as well

As for our receivers..... oh dear, oh dear.

But fair play to the Texans, that was great defence.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Well, em, uh, oh hell I don't know. Just when I've come to accept Todd Haley and his new offense- Hey, look, a torrential downpour, I know let's throw the ball all night. Big news last night though, Ben and his sprained right shoulder. We'll see. One up note, Wallace's touchdown catch, I swear he caught that ball with his knees. Leftwich came in- God, he's worrisome. No way we can win with him. He took a helmet to helmet shot on I think the first play but he survived it. Bad, but not as bad as what I saw Jay Cutler take. That ball had left his hands when defender launched into him. Don't these guys know they're cracking down on that kind of thing?

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
It seems Big Ben might be out for a game or two. Maybe a little longer. I kind of feel bad for the Steelers, this is literally the worst time for him to get injured. Two of the next three against the division leader and main rival, and at least one of them without your starting quarterback.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
It seems Big Ben might be out for a game or two. Maybe a little longer. I kind of feel bad for the Steelers, this is literally the worst time for him to get injured. Two of the next three against the division leader and main rival, and at least one of them without your starting quarterback.

Yeah, I haven't read the paper yet this morning. But Ryan Clark went out too. There have been hints that we were getting Polamalu back, it's been hard enough without him. I donno, Leftwich isn't ready for this. Charlie Batch, our 2nd string QB has been out all season, I don't think we have another QB on the roster. Might have to bring one up. It does not look good for the 2012 Steelers. Hockey anyone?

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
That was an odd game though. Some of those penalties were.... odd. Cussing the ref? Five man dance formation? Eh?

About the celebration... 15 yards is a bit harsh, isn't it?

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
So Ben's injury is potentially life threatening...

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories...rare-potentially-dangerous-rib-injury-662035/

I'll still be in my favorite, football watching chair on Sunday night, enjoying the first match up with our division leaders, The Baltimore Ravens. It would be nice if at least it's not a blow out. Read where Todd Haley will not expect Byron Leftwich to just drop into a Big Ben offense- word is, they will adapt.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories...haley-will-adjust-offense-to-leftwich-662353/

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
But Alex Smith is playing. I was glad to see they fined Dobbins for that hit on Cutler.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Anybody still bet football? I'm wondering what the line is on the Ravens/ Steelers game.