Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
LOL nice, Lisa!

Ohhh that's so strange, Keegs! My eyes used to be different prescriptions but only in the strength. Both are near-sighted for me.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I am wondering if he got it.

It's kind of fun flirting with him.

:D

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
Hey, Lisa! How goes it?

And yes, my eyes are strange haha. Two completely opposite prescriptions.

I'm debating if I want to continue reading my new book. I got the Nook Tablet yesterday as a new e-reader since my kindle is old and outdated. It has no color and no backlight, and saving my favorite quotes has become a pain and so has shelving books.

My cousin has the Kindle Fire, which I did debate on getting, but I hear it's more focused on media rather than reading. The Nook Tablet is fairly centered on other forms of media too, but at least the text is clearer and it's more book-centric. Sorry, but I did not buy an e-reader to watch movies or stream TV shows! :p

Currently reading a beautiful and wonderful book called "A Dog's Purpose". It's not YA, but it's quickly becoming one of my favorite books. It's about a dog who goes through several lives trying to find his purpose in life. It's so beautifully written from a dog's point of view, and it's tearjerking and heartwarming all at the same time.

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
My mom and I went to visit a family friend in Virginia. :) It's a really small town she lives in, and it's so deep in the country that they don't have high speed internet! They still have to use AOL and dial up, which have long gone the way of the dinosaur in most areas lmao.

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Haha I remember when we had dial-up...yeah...early 2000s I think LOL

Lisa - Yup! It's the best choice for me.

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
I'm switching between writing and reading Anne Morrow Lindbergh's diaries/letters from 1947-1986. If any of you are interested in the Lindberghs, her writing is wonderful and the picture she paints of the times she lived in is fascinating.

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Writing is always the right answer, but I suspect the correct answer is homework.

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Ahh Ely, you just reminded me I missed an episode of Touch!

Must get on that! But maybe tomorrow. I've reached 2.5K words written so far today (~400 on TWH and ~2.1K on TL) and I'm still trying to get MOAR done. :D

ETA: Also, the desktop app for WoD is REALLY COOL! I think it's worth the $10. :D

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
Is Touch any good?

I know I don't need any more tv show obsessions but it does sound like something I'd like.

I think maybe I'll outline/take notes for an hour. Then afterwards I'll put on Grey's Anatomy and start my homework. *nods* Life is SO much easier when I have a plan.

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
I LOVE TOUCH!!! The concept is so totally awesome!

And plans are always good!

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
I don't know what I feel like doing. I'm so close to finishing my current book, so I don't know if I want to finish that or write a bit. I'm more in a reading mood than a writing mood though. It's so cold out tonight. Just wanna cuddle up on the couch with my doggy and read my nook. :(

Every night I'm overwhelmed by this feeling of melancholy, which may or may not turn into full blown depression. It's not even a peaceful feeling anymore. Any feelings of mild to severe sadness has long worn out their welcome.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Crap. I'm too late to add about my eyes. But they're sort of like yours, Keagerz, one is near sighted, one is farsighted, but they both have astigmatism.

I love Touch, as well. I recently started to watch it, and the concept is SOO good.

And I have nothing else to add. Hmmm.