AprNoWriMo and Script Frenzy!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Well, it's April 1st here. Yes, I know, I should be playing a practical joke on you all right now, but I couldn't think of a decent one.

April is Script Frenzy time, but I don't think I'll participate this year... I think I need to get my novels finished before my movie script.

Plus I've got Uni stuff to do.

So share your goals, tell us what you've done, however small, and let's kick some creative butt!

*mental note: find out what makes a butt creative*

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
I'm going to stick my creative butt in my creative chair.

I'm very satisfied with last month's performance so I'm going for 300 words a day, reading every day (paper or audio book) and two SYW contributions each week.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Cliff... You're supposed to tell everyone they must now sign up for Screnzy 10 times and they all must show you their 10 scripts on April 30th unless they want to be banished from teh internetz forever. ;)

All I got...

~Amber~

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
I made it through the whole day without getting my avatar stolen. :tongue

Unfortunately, I haven't really done anything else today either... :tongue

One interesting thing I learned is that I've been selected as a PathwayOregon recipient. In other words, my tuition's pretty much covered and I only have to worry about paying for books and supplies and stuff like that. :D

Would've been nice if someone actually notified me though... I actually had to look this up MYSELF... >.>' *lazy*

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I missed the avatar thief fun due to being first, asleep, and then, at Uni.

Stoopid Australian time zones. :( *mutter*

All I've really done today is get back my English essay (I *just* got a B, which is better than 1% less and getting a C :tongue), bought some Eldar models (Warhammer 40k) - the first Eldar models I've ever owned, even though I've been a fan of them for years (expensive hobby, but with the study bonus I got, I could afford a taste of them) - and, oh, I met a cute girl I have a lot in common with.

If I'd caught the AW action, this would've been the best day ever. :tongue ;)

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
I got my avatar stolen, except I didn't even have one to steal in the first place. I wonder what I'll get when they give them all back?

I did something yesterday, er 836 - 764 is too much for my brain this morning. I did a lot of thinking too. Honest.

FoamyRules

Hamtaro Rules
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetigerseye.valentchamber.com
Well, I did get a little writing done. (shhh my best writing comes after watching some good anime) ;) I get paid next Tuesday so hopefully my computer will be up and running again soon, plus my external hard drive just came in. Yay! Now off to buy some thumb drives.

Sarah G

Let me live that fantasy.
Registered
Reaction score
I managed to write some yesterday:) climbed up to 10,300. Double figures:D Haven't done any yet today, but hoping to in a bit.

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
I've been slacking off for the last few months. :tongue

Last week I finally sat my butt down and finished a 10K fan fic, (it was for a big bang challenge), and promptly took the universe I'd created for it and started planning an original novel. I'm thinking of writing that story for the June session of Camp Nano.

I also just signed up for another fan fic challenge. I now have another 10K story to get finished by Sunday April 8th. The actual deadline is Aug. 15th, but if I don't give myself a tight schedule I'll probably slack off. Plus, I want to get an old Nano novel edited before June so I can get my CreateSpace proof copies. :D

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Caught up on all of my statistics. :) Until tomorrow, anyways...

I've had a month to do two reports for my careers class... They're both due Friday. This morning, I hadn't even started one of them. :tongue I started a couple hours ago and finished the first one around 8:30 though. It's a lovely 1000-word paper that's a bit of a monster compared to the assignment requirements, but it's pretty. :tongue More importantly, it's done.

~Amber~

Last edited:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Hooray for everyone's progress! :D

Big Bang fan fic? Is that by any chance a "The Big Bang Theory" fan fic? I love that show so much! I even decided when I was watching it that I like it more than Buffy, which has been my favourite show of all time for YEARS.

Now I'm thinking they're both equally fantastic, y'know, so nobody's feelings get hurt. ;) :tongue

On my end, today I did a test (I think I did pretty well...) and got feedback on an assignment. The assignment... Err, I don't think I did too well.

It was meant to be about teaching us what a good essay looks like, so we had to read 3 essays for the same question, and give them grades and reasons why we chose those grades.

I went:

1. D
2. F
3. B

The lecturer today revealed that he intended:

1. B
2. D
3. F

So... I got 0 right on the money. Hopefully the reasons I gave will earn me some marks though... And I wasn't too far off on the second one.

He tricked us though - the third one was plagiarised, which is why it got a Fail, but it was otherwise very good, which is why I gave it a B.

Only 3 people in a class of 100+ picked up on that.

Not sure what grade I got for that assignment, might find out on Thursday... It was for 5% of the grade, so it's not a huge thing, but it'd help if I got a good mark for it.

/ramble

2 more days of Uni, then I have 2 weeks off. During those 2 weeks I intend to finish writing a novel, and finish editing another one.

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
Big Bang fan fic? Is that by any chance a "The Big Bang Theory" fan fic? I love that show so much! I even decided when I was watching it that I like it more than Buffy, which has been my favourite show of all time for YEARS.

Now I'm thinking they're both equally fantastic, y'know, so nobody's feelings get hurt. ;) :tongue

I'm sorry, it's not. Even though I like the show, I've never written fan fic for it. I have written stories for Buffy and Angel, though some of it is pretty bad. :tongue

A Big Bang fic is a story written for a certain word count, (the range I've seen is 10K-50K), and by a certain date. During this process artist will claim a story and make art work for it. Then the art and the story are posted together on the challenges livejournal community. The one I just finished was for the show Leverage, and the next one is for Supernatural. I'm pretty sure if you look on livejournal you'll find a community that does stories for The Big Bang Theory. In fact most of the Big Bang challenges I've seen are on livejournal. :)

FoamyRules

Hamtaro Rules
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetigerseye.valentchamber.com
Sooo....

I'm steadily saving up the money to buy my new hard drive then maybe later, I'll buy a new laptop :D

Anywho, I've been writing using Google docs, mainly practicing with short stories and what not.

Right now, I'm working on a new short story project (I'm writing it down on notebook paper for now) and getting geared up for Camp this year.

Good luck to those doing Script Frenzy!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, I thought the WiFi internet might finally be working again, but it's not. :(

So I'm stuck with a plug-in USB modem with a GB limit that needs to be recharged every so often in-store. And it's slooooow! *sigh*

In other news, I've done nothing much so far today.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I think I have successfully done a stupid library assignment.

I spent about 40 minutes in the library, and couldn't figure out 2 of the 3 questions!

1 asked for an author of an article, and it had ambiguous titles and no way to access the full document. Eventually I decided to ignore the editor and write down the other name, even though I have no solid proof it was him...

The other one I couldn't get? It was meant to be the easiest! Just search for a book, get the book, find an article, write down article and author names - easy, right? So I spent like 15 minutes trying to find this bloody book! Eventually I came to the realisation that the reference number the search had given me (1000-something to 5000-something) was absolutely not what I needed, considered the library's system went from 0 to 999 only...

I eventually figured that question out just now, at home, using the online library.

Gah.

Oh, and the middle question required me to print something. So I tried to save that page to my USB, but it didn't work properly, so I just copy-pasted things to a Word file. I may just fail that question... I obviously couldn't figure the library out, which was the whole point of this assignment. *sigh*

And what makes this worse is that I know a guy who did it last week, and the 3 questions together took him 5 minutes. >.<

Now I need to do a reading assignment, go to bed, have a final day at Uni before the break starts, and then do something fun.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Woohoo!

Got 2 reading assignments back today - 9/10 and 10/10. :D Oh, and my WiFi is working again, so I should have a faster connection now, and no need to use the USB modem anymore. :D Oh, and it was the last day of Uni for me before I start a 2-week break. :D

This kind of makes up for the fact that a nutcase sat next to me on the bus. I was listening to my iPod with headphones - she tapped me on the shoulder to thank me for moving my bag so she could sit down. Then before I could put the headphones back in, she started talking about something else.

She obviously wanted to talk, so I put my iPod in my bag. 15 minutes I had to put up with her complaining about things, and in that time she even said, "Sometimes it's good when you have earphones to ignore people." The irony seemed lost on her...

*headdesk*

How's shit going for the rest of you?

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Well, I'm almost done with one of my short stories, and I'm working on another. I hope I can get the second one written. As weird as this may sound, I write differently (quality and quantity) depending on the program and sometimes even font I'm using. I do hope that I can get Scrivener at some point, but until that time then I'm just going to have use what I have.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Tomorrow is the last day of school this quarter. :D Nine more weeks to go and I never ever ever have to go back there again. :tongue A year ago, I would've thought I'd have another year to go...

...But I have another report due for careers class tomorrow. :Shrug: At least it's only one. (I think...)

~Amber~