What are you reading?

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Miracles - CS Lewis

I haven't read much philosophy or religion in a while, but I'm finding it very accessible.

Shenanigans!

Registered
Reaction score
All Quiet on the Western Front. Have to read it for my history course and it is so far great. Haven't enjoyed required reading material like this since The Great Gatsby.

dkamin

Registered
Reaction score
Half way through Wizards and Glass (book 4 of the Dark Tower series). It's definitely a long one, but so far so good!

tpolen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teripolen.com
Just finished Through the Ever Night, the follow up to Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi and it was great - liked it even better than the first of the series. Also reading The Not Yet by Moira Crone - having a hard time getting through this one. A little hard to follow.

strawberryblondie

Registered
Reaction score
Getting ready to start Neuromancer by William Gibson. I've been wanting to read it for a while now, and finally snagged a copy at the library.

TreeJet

lost in wild thought
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished A Memory of Light by Brandon Sanderson and Robert Jordan. I was kind of sad to see my favorite characters' stories end.

AnneGlynn

If you don't try, you can't fail
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anneglynn.com
I'm struggling to get into The Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton (after he died, the manuscript was discovered on his computer)...but I keep finding reasons to put it back on the shelf.

cmi0616

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished Dead Souls. Very clever book, it got a little slow towards the end (although I guess since it's unfinished, it wasn't really the end), but I enjoyed it overall.

I'm currently reading All The Sad, Young, Literary Men by Keith Gessen. It's so-so so far, very funny in places.

amy--amy

Registered
Reaction score
Jo's Boys by Louisa M. Alcott. I decided that it was time to reread the series, so I started on Little Women last Thrusday and now I've almost finished the fourth and last book. Guess I didn't have much school work to do...

I've also got La Bicyclette Bleue by Régine Deforges in my bag to read when I'm on the bus or train. Some bits are really exciting, but some bits are also extremely boring... I can't believe that there are ten books in this series.

DizScare

You make my heart skip a beet.
Registered
Reaction score
I read The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan. Now I'm sad that I don't have the second book.

It was a fine story, by the way.

SelmaW

Follow your heart; take your brain
Registered
Reaction score
Re-reading Don't Go Near the Water by William Brinkley. It's pretty fabulous.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Atlantic, by Simon Winchester. Nonfiction, of which Winchester is a master. A rambling excursion into the recognition of the Atlantic Ocean for what it is, its exploration, legends of sailors, etc. Enjoying it a lot.

caw

Reaction score
Finished Mistborn: The Final Empire earlier in the week. Really enjoyed it, loved the whole character arc for Vin, and Allomancy is one of the coolest magic systems I've encountered in fantasy writing for a while. Debating whether to move onto The Well of Ascension next month or take a bit of a longer break before continuing with the series.

In the meantime, the kindle edition of Cory Doctorow's Little Brother just hit my e-reader, so I'm gonna get started on that.