MayNoWriMo - This time it's personal!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so it's May 1st here.

You know the drill - make goals, strive for them, applaud or hug as needed, rinse, repeat. ;)

This month? I actually have an easyish month lined up. Got a test next week, which I think I'm pretty prepared for actually. Got to read a whole lot (for all 3 classes - I didn't get much reading done over the break because I was working on essays) as well. Reading assignments for one class, shouldn't be too difficult once I've actually read the articles.

That's pretty much it. No essays due this month. Woo!

So I may just get time to work on my edits.

Yesterday (April 30th) I finished reading The Importance Of Being Earnest, and read about 7 pages of Macbeth. Today, I've read up to the start of Act V for Macbeth, which is pretty good I think.

So I'm off to a cracking start!

Okay... Your turn!

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
OK so

250 words a day
Read something every day
Finished Beta reading by 14th
Read entire Joe Abercrombie output by end of month (he is at my local literary festival in Junel, so I'm going to see him)

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
I just posted a new revised chapter one in the SYW forum, and I have 542 words down for chapter two. :D

After getting feedback I realised my original chapter two had to be moved to later in the book.

fireluxlou

Registered
Reaction score
Eek I was hoping this thread was coming up. I thought I'd make a crack at it.

I think I will attempt to start writing this month so my goals:

1,500 words a day,
Character building
Reading for leisure
Essay work and Reading for uni & studying ofc

I managed to get my story summary and character names started so I'll start writing.

Jamiekswriter

USA Today Bestselling Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jkschmidt.com
I'm going to push myself 2,000 words a day to FTDB!!
I'm excited because I'm going "on location" to Gettysburg so I can get some first hand knowledge of the area. I'm trying to convince my hubbie to take a hot air balloon ride over the battleground with me because that's a climatic scene in my book. Unfortunately, he keeps muttering something about too much money. Bah! :D

eternalised

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
Hey everyone :)

I have a lot of work scheduled for May. Primarily, trying to post on my websites every day and uploading some posts beforehand for June, because that's a busy month for me with finals.

As in terms of writing, I'd like to finish the rewrite of the sequel to my debut novel, Mirror, Mirror. I'm not that impressed with my first draft. I would also like to finish the first draft of Ghostslayer, a manuscript I've been working on for a couple of months, but it'll be hectic. I'm now at 27k words, and I'm guessing it'll end up somewhere between 70-80k.

Also, the editor got back to me for Mirror, Mirror so now there will be a lot of editing. Phew!

A lot of work this month. Plus, so much studying!

SinisterCola

The Caffeine Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Let's aim for 1000 words a day.

Post on teh blog every other day.

And try to enjoy some time off later in the month :D.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so I have to:

*Finish the stupid tri-fold by Thursday morning
*Finish my stupid science project (which means get my rat to behave) hopefully by the end of the week
*Make second stupid tri-fold and prepare rat for Take Your Rat to School Day (my science teacher really just wants me to bring her to class...)
*keep up with my statistics class
*finish two more fucking units of Spanish (BLEHHH)
*and whatever else people decide to throw in my direction...

I'm a little sad the school year is ending, actually... Not a lot, but I keep thinking that I'm really going to miss getting books from my history teacher to borrow. Since 8th grade, he's given me 14 books to read, and I only get one more... He says I get to keep this one though, so that's pretty cool.

Loving the thread title, Cliff. :tongue I'm at war with school now. Bring it on.

(I'm also feeling just a BIT hyper all of a sudden... Makes no sense since I've been yawning all day, but whatever. :D)

~Amber~

Last edited:

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
I *think* I just got a perfect score on a Spanish exam! Woo! :D

(pretty good considering I haven't touched that material for at least six weeks or so... :tongue)

~Amber~

fireluxlou

Registered
Reaction score
Well today and yesterday I have been stripping wallpaper so nothing in terms of writing but I'm tightening my plot concept right now instead :/

FoamyRules

Hamtaro Rules
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetigerseye.valentchamber.com
Well, next week is finals so wish me luck. Also working all morning shifts, except for Saturday, at the job house.

Will be fixing my laptop soon. Hopefully, I'll get it done before summer classes start and Camp Nano. I am trying to write, and it's going okay. I guess working all the time has left me burnt out.

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Well, I'm officially done for the semester, and I have started Summer vacation. Grades are slowly coming in and so far so good.

I started a 10K short story today, and I'm about 1K+ in to now.

I'm debating whether or not writing some of it in Google Docs or another program so, I can get to a full 2K.

I hope to finish it soon.

I wonder if I can turn the other idea I had for this story into something as well. I don't know. I should probably finish this one first though, just see where it goes.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Wish school was out for me so soon. :tongue

Finally finished the (first) stupid tri-fold. I have a feeling my presentation's going to get cut a little short... I have a lot to talk about. :tongue

Just had a thought... I may actually get to, you know, WRITE next month. :D It's been a while since I've been able to do that...

~Amber~

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
Haven't done much today, except get back a grade - 9/9 woohoo!

But I'm taking it easy today. Today I turned 28. Eep! I'm old! :O

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :partyguy:

I hope you have an awesome day. :)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. :)

Just went to the grandparents' place for a few hours. Scored some birthday money out of the deal, and I even got a chance to play on grandad's awesome-sounding organ for a while. :)

My birthday dinner will be on Sunday though. It's a joint birthday/Mother's Day thing. Mostly because sis and her boyfriend have weird work rosters, so that was the only night they're both free at the same time for about a month.

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
I just came up with an idea for Camp Nano's June session! :hooray:

It's a bit on the bizarre side and incorporates my love of Food Network, and can it be June now? :D

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
I just came up with an idea for Camp Nano's June session! :hooray:

That's great. I kind of have an idea for my June Camp story. I'm just kind of scared. :tongue I'm going to actually write a novel, novella at the latest, and I'm completely nervous. I've really mostly written short stories, and the longest I've written to date was a fan fiction--that was horrible by the way--a few years back which about 13K long. So, I'm quite nervous/jittery about it.

And I know that some people are meant to be short fiction writers and some are meant to write novels then you have those people who can write both. However, I want to at least try writing a novel, and really, really try, before I tell myself that maybe I'm not meant to write those.

Luckily, my idea has some Fantasy elements in it. (My idea is a UF idea). So, maybe that will make things a bit easier on me.

I found out today, technically yesterday that I tend to write a genre better when I'm focused/currently reading/just read that genre. For example, if I'm reading a romance novel, writing a romance story will be a lot easier for me. The same goes for Fantasy, more specifically Urban Fantasy. That probably explains why I had such a hard time writing that Romance when I was still reading that Urban Fantasy book(Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning).

Well, it's either all of that or the fact that I kind of told myself to sit down and actually write. :tongue