Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, guys! :D

Now I'm stressing out about the reading at my release party tonight.

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
My girlfriends just threw me a surprise birthday dinner:thankyou: Love them! I was so surprised (I thought we were out celebrating my friend's art being put up at the gallery)

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
Enjoy release day, Sage.

Tell me more about your release party. Is this at your house, or at a bookstore, or somewhere else?

Netz

Freshly caught writing bug lives!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The view from my stained glass window suggests by
Congrats, Sage! :partyguy: How was the release party?

Woot! Found out that Love Sucks is also available at the Amazon UK store, so I've downloaded it (I was worried cos I've been having slow broadband lately, but it seems to have downloaded fine). I've read a few pages - looking good! :D

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, yay, Netz! I was wondering about international Amazon sites because I know someone who wants to read it in South Africa. Hope you like it!

The release party went really well. It was at a cafe that has healthy food, alcohol and coffee, and lots of desserts. I read a short chapter from the book (which meant my face was red the rest of the night, lol...this also happens when I talk a lot, and as the guest of honor, that also happened). We played two games of exquisite corpse, which is where you write a sentence, then the next person writes another sentence building on yours, then folds over your sentence so the next person can only see the one that came before when they write the third sentence, and so on. It's fun to see what crazy stories come out of it. Then we read them out loud to everyone.

And of course, there was the chocolate fondue! Yum!

My friend brought me flowers, which I never get, so that was really exciting. And another friend brought me a framed picture of my cover.

Dorothy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dorothydreyer.wordpress.com
Sounds awesome, Sage! How cool!

And my face would have been red all night too ... plus I would have been very, very sweaty. I sweat like crazy when I'm nervous, ugh! So embarrassing.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Congratz Sage! :Hug2:

Still in the planning stages over here, got my facebook account for the book set up and my Twitter feed [though I like FB better, just more used to it]. And then the website gets launched soon... *shakes head*

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
It sounds like a complete blast, Sage. I am so excited it will be available on many formats. I need to get my hands ready to grad it :)

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like fun, Sage! Even the face reddening reading part.

I'm definitely going to have to try corpse. We play a version with book or movie titles. The first person write the title, the next draws a picture and folds the page, the next tries to figure out the title from the picture, and so on until it gets back to the original person. Hilarity ensues!

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Haha, that sounds really fun. Way more elements to mess up for the next person. I could see me screwing up the drawing, or the guessing of a title just because I didn't even know the title, much less because I couldn't identify the drawing.

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Hi Rachel!

Eeeek! I just bought a birthday/college graduation dress! :snoopy:
I'm wearing it tomorrow despite the weather being freezing...I don't care :tongue its my birthday,I can do what I want tomorrow (lol!)

Rachel

Stuff and nonsense.
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Birthday/ Happy College Graduation. I can't wait for graduation... how does it feel?

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
Happy birthday/graduation. College graduation?

I have a feeling I am much older than the rest of you on the old people thread.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
"Old people" is pretty all-encompasing to mean "not a teen". There are and have been people of all ages in this thread.

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. :Hug2:
Can't believe its May 1st(birthday).:hooray:
Can't believe I graduate in a few weeks. :crazy::crazy:
Weird, weird, weird how time flies!

I am a little uneasy about this age, since it will be my first year not in some sort of school/education setting...but an adventure nonetheless, right?

Graduating college feels...weird. I'm ready and I'm not at the same time. I don't know who I am without school. I don't know who I am without my friends here. But I guess I will find out. I'm anxious because I don't have any job prospects and I am really freaking out about it. I'm anxious because I don't know who I am. I am anxious because I put so much pressure on myself for all of this. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.