Status
Not open for further replies.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
We had some rain/slush/snow here today. Bah!

Ok, so Spirit Halloween is having a 29% Off Sale today. Fun to check out. It's only 245 days until Halloween so we gotta get crackin' to make this place ready.

I've been on Netflix catching up on Archer episodes. Dear Gods that show is funny!

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Pushed past the 24 thousand word mark on Third Pulse this evening. The MC has just lost a friend of 5 years to murder, another old friend on the police force is closing the trap on him and one of his closest allies in Golden Gate Park, and he has just confronted the antagonist, a villain of immense power, intelligence, and cunning from his past. Unfortunately, right now, even I don't know who the hell this guy is! Ack!

CDaniel

Writing for the brand
Registered
Reaction score
Mr. Body actually, in the library with the wrench

:D

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Pushed past the 24 thousand word mark on Third Pulse this evening. The MC has just lost a friend of 5 years to murder, another old friend on the police force is closing the trap on him and one of his closest allies in Golden Gate Park, and he has just confronted the antagonist, a villain of immense power, intelligence, and cunning from his past. Unfortunately, right now, even I don't know who the hell this guy is! Ack!

wow this sounds pretty damn awesome! My villains like to hide from me too... usually i dont find out who they are till my MC's do.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
That's my favorite movie of all time, hell its been my favorite movie since i was 5. I could watch that on repeat all day and never get bored.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Col. Mustard in the Library with a candlestick!

It can't be the butler. Max never had a butler. He was never that rich. He started his superhero career when he was about 26 years old. He accidentally killed a normal human while battling zombies the same day he got his powers.

The villain has got to be somebody from that first year. a cross between Prof. Moriarty, Jack The Ripper, and Heinrich Himmler. It's somebody close to him. So close it damned near destroyed him when he found out. So close he had trouble doing the right thing and putting the bastard in the ground when he had the opportunity.

Max has no siblings. All his close friends are dead. Who is this person?

Damnit.

Wait - I wonder... That person he killed on his first outing, the one who formed him into the hero he became - what if that person was never really killed. Maybe it was all a ploy, an accident of the Pulse that created the first superheroes, that thrust Max and his enemy together in that supposed "accident". Maybe it was all staged.

The villain is brilliant. He could have been responsible for the First Pulse, and staged the whole "accident" thing to cover up his activities. No one would have suspected at the time...

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
classmate, childhood friend that moved away, x-girlfriend????

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
No, no. Total unknown to him at the time. It really was an accident, but the victim didn't know nor did he care. He's plotted, killed, deceived, and bought his way to power in the last 12 years and now he's finally in a position where he thinks he can't lose. He's fought the MC many times before and he's even, apparently, faked his own death by the MC's hand 6 years ago. But he's still that same original, accidental victim of a hero who was just beginning to learn how to control his powers - and he's kept the truth of all that secret for more than a decade.

Or, maybe it wasn't the victim of that accident. It was his brother, or a sister who then made herself up to look like her brother, or a close relative or lover. That's got real potential too.

Oh, yes. Revenge really is a dish best left to simmer a long, long time...

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
watching you talk to yourself like this is kind of amusing, Greg.

:popcorn:

You know we have a sandbox section at AW. It's the kind you use for spitballing ideas like this, not the kind the cats use.

:D

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Well, sometimes it works, Bos. Sometimes I even talk back to myself. Sometimes the comments if others helps me work out problems with a story.

I've heard of the Sandbox. I might even have visited there once or twice, but I always thought it was more for fighting, like TIO, than brainstorming.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I think I need the sandbox often but I feel awkward going on a rant about my book. Plus i write series, i can see that thread being one very very long explanation of past shit.

I should look at that place for this newest book i'm working on.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've heard of the Sandbox. I might even have visited there once or twice, but I always thought it was more for fighting, like TIO, than brainstorming.

No, not at all. In fact, the Sandbox is expressly for brainstorming those ideas you have that you aren't entirely sure where they're going, or need some outside input on.

:)

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score

TIO is for fighting? I thought it was for sidetracked threads, ones who got off topic.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No, not at all. In fact, the Sandbox is expressly for brainstorming those ideas you have that you aren't entirely sure where they're going, or need some outside input on.

:)
And it's password protected now. Which is even better. I am so glad they did that. To me it always felt like a close cousin to SYW.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Good to know, though I've never been there [that I know of], and have no idea where it is. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.