Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
it horrified me too... i didnt get my permit until i was 18 because of the fear factor... thing is after your first month of real diving... you really get used to it and it becomes second nature. Dont worry you will be fine!

To cheer you up...

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
DEAR JESUS, ALLY! O.O That is one huge kitty!

Congrats, Zoey, on your permit! That must have been really exciting. It's pretty normal to be scared about driving. I sure as heck was and I still am now because I drive safely and everyone else around me is driving like lunatics.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
YAY KITTY!

Part of me really want to drive so I can get to places on my own and such. But then the other part of me is like "ahhhhhhhhhhh"

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't get my license until my senior year. It wasn't because I was worried about driving (well, not really), but more because I just wasn't worried about it. I basically only ever went to school and church, and my mom worked at the school across the street, so I didn't see the need. When I finally did get it, it was because my mom said *she* needed me to have it.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
My parents had to force my brother to get his. I've always been really enthusiastic about getting mine, I think to the point where I started to (in my mind) get a little cocky about it. So when I actually sat down and started to drive, it was kind of shocking how many things you have to do at once, and all the things you have to keep track of when driving. It also has gotten real so fast, you know?
I've always been the person who couldn't wait to grow up and move out. Except now that that's happening in a couple years, it's all going by really fast.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Hey BG! How are you?

Dont worry Zoe, my first time driving. I was terrified. No one in my family drove... not since my grandfather but he passed away when i was 8. Since then i'd rarely been in cars and had to rely on public transportation for everything. I didnt know what any the the buttons did... didnt know which peddle was the gas, or that the steering wheel moves back after you make a turn...

My first lesson the guy told me on the phone (had to pay for an instructor) that we would just practice turns in a secluded area. And for the first hour of the lesson that's what i did... and i was happy and content with that... then he tells me to pull out of the parking lot... I slammed on the breaks and was like "What?! Are you serious... with real people on the road?" He laughed and made me do it. I was TERRIFIED! But after the first three blocks... i realized it wasn't hard.

I only had four lessons that were two hours each and I passed the driving test the first time.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Here, you can't drive or get your learner's or anything 'till you're 17. In Canada, depends on the province.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
The lessons here are one hour each and there is only three of them. You also skip driving in a secluded area. They pick me up at my house and I go straight to driving with people on the road. Deep down I know it will be fine, and even if it isn't the people still have a break to prevent me from hitting something. But there's still that little, anxiety driven part of my brain that is freaking the eff out. *sigh*

ETA- I need to stop moping. SO. How are you all doing today? :)

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
so wanna hear something weird? today driving home i got a SNI... for a YA romance... what the hell!!! Thats so not a genre i can write...

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Contemp. romance shockingly. No fantasy, thriller or horrish aspects involved... which... if you really knew all my ideas and books... is NOT LIKE ME at all...

It would be a touching gooshey sad book...

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
Contemp. romance shockingly. No fantasy, thriller or horrish aspects involved... which... if you really knew all my ideas and books... is NOT LIKE ME at all...

It would be a touching gooshey sad book...

I say give the story idea a try. You might actually like writing the genre. ;)

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Changed the 'Off With Her Head' cover.

OffWithHerHead-Tally-1.jpg

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
i just wrote a little summary... to but in my "Other Ideas" folder.

Emma Dilinger know life was always unfair. At 16 she was already the class dork who was brutally picked on her whole life, and now her only and best friend of 13 years Westly will have to move three states away at the end of the year. But Em never realized that life could be cruel and unusually unfair until she was diagnosed Ewing's Sarcoma a rare and aggressive type of bone cancer. Doctors tell her she will only have a year to live if she is lucky.

Her life thrown upside down, she tries to continue on as normal and keep hope. But faced with her own mortality, having never really lived in life she begins to breakdown... that is until Wes, comes up with a plan. Something to give them both meaning... something to change there lives. Take down the bullies that have ruined there lives. Humiliate them and torment them before Em dies and Wes moves away forever. Take back the school for themselves and all the other poor crushed souls.

During the book as Emma and Wes transform into badasses. Emma begins to contemplate that she will die a virgin, so Westly offers to help with that. But what turns in to casual sex, starts to have more strings attached.

Sadly although there plan turns out in there favor... Emma dies at the end of the book.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Tally, that cover is awesome!
I really want to write SOMETHING today so I'm word warring, probably with myself, from :15 - :50. If anyone wants to join, you're welcome to!

Status
Not open for further replies.