The Black Orchestra

euclid

Where did I put me specs?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjtoner.com
Those of you who know me from these threads will remember that I've been working on a WWII historical novel since 2008!

It has now been published for the kindle and other eReaders.

It's called The Black Orchestra by JJ Toner

Here's one link to the book:
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/274258

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
Congratulations on getting it out there for readers! I hope you have lots of success with it. I'm curious about how self-pubbing actually pans out for those who choose that route (this is self-pubbed, yes?), so I (and others, I assume) would be interested in hearing how it goes.

euclid

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjtoner.com
ePublishing

Congratulations on getting it out there for readers! I hope you have lots of success with it. I'm curious about how self-pubbing actually pans out for those who choose that route (this is self-pubbed, yes?), so I (and others, I assume) would be interested in hearing how it goes.

The Black Orchestra is my fourth eBook. My first is a collection of short, fun SF stories, nos 2 and 3 are crime thrillers.

It's great to get digitally published. There's great freedom. You don't have to wait years before the book reaches readers and the royalties are much better. There's no advance, of course, but advances tend to be small nowadays and anyhow the publisher only pays royalties after they have recouped the advance.

The biggest headache - whichever way you get published - is building a following of real fans who want to read your stuff. :)

The process is easy enough. For each of my books I have invested in a professional editor. A lot of self-published authors skip this (as it can be costly) but I think it's essential. The cover designs don't cost a lot and I do everything else myself.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Well, alrighty! The blurb sounds fascinating. Congratulations and best wishes!

euclid

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjtoner.com
Blood Atonement sounds awesome. Was it difficult to write about the Mormons and were you fearful of upsetting them?