Status
Not open for further replies.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
I guess we'll once again be using a password-protected subforum? Thing is, if I can get this story to work, I'd also like to submit it somewhere. Considering whether its use in our Un-Valentine's Day Challenge would count as first publication.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Yep - the passworded forum again, and I'll pull anyone's stories they'd like pulled, too -- just drop me a note after the vote closes.

SPEAKING of stories, I've been plain swamped and haven't had a chance to post anyone's Christmas stories -- since the season has well passed, but it's not at all a bad time of year to be subbing seasonal stories to appropriate markets, consider all rights to those stories available and officially reverted to you, as far as AW is concerned. :)

If Caleb posted your stories on his site, though, that's a separate matter between the writer and him.

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kkelliewriteme.wordpress.com
Who's Caleb? And what site?

*confused*

Cliff Face, that's most definitely Classified Information, and even then, it's parcelled on a Need To Know basis, which you do not.

Need to know, I mean.

Do not worry. Your government has everything under control. Just go about your daily business, Cliff Face. Do not concern yourself further.

That is not a suggestion, btw.

:D

On a lighter note, the deadline for this Valentine's Day Contest thingie looms. Let's recalculate (Cliff Face, you may want to join in, take your mind off things): Today is Feb. 12 which means, I do believe, that the deadline is TOMORROW EVENING at what, 11 p.m.?

I'm asking you a question, Cliff Face.

:)

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Back to our regularly-scheduled programming. ETA to Valentine's Day Contest: T minus 38.5 hours (I think, don't quote me, I suck at math as well as spellign) give or take.

Last edited:

Mr. Aziz

Registered
Reaction score
Just to check in, should we be getting an email back saying "Yep, I received it," or should I shoot it off again?

Or perhaps, did it tickle the region of bad where one's memory refuses to transcribe the event?

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thanks Manuel. :)

And kk - there's 14.5 hours to go for me, but I've submitted already. (Yes, I'm in the future down here in Australia. :tongue)

And less now, C.F., but still more for me than you, not that it matters from your standpoint, being as you already submitted, which I must surely do, because ETA is now something like hang on, getting tiny calculator 25.5 hours from now--11 p.m. tomorrow--not that it matters from your standpoint, being as it's already tomorrow there, from here I mean. . .

:D

MacAllister

Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Just to check in, should we be getting an email back saying "Yep, I received it," or should I shoot it off again?

Or perhaps, did it tickle the region of bad where one's memory refuses to transcribe the event?

Generally I just post 'em -- then if you don't see yours there, you PM me and resend it until I get it. There was one Christmas story that we had to try three or four different emails and dropbox methods with, before it came through (still dunno why).

We've had a pretty good number of stories already turned in, so this should be a really fun round.

Mr. Aziz

Registered
Reaction score
Generally I just post 'em -- then if you don't see yours there, you PM me and resend it until I get it. There was one Christmas story that we had to try three or four different emails and dropbox methods with, before it came through (still dunno why).

We've had a pretty good number of stories already turned in, so this should be a really fun round.

Looking forward to reading them then.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
Mac, I remember the email (submissions AT absolutewrite DOT com), but -- are there are any special formatting requirements?

ETA: Sent it. Maybe someday I'll finish something well before deadline.

Last edited:

MacAllister

Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Stories are up! I'll put a poll up later tonight. :)

Happy reading, all!

(And if you don't see your story there, PM me and we'll track it down!)

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished my first read -- very romantic enjoyable.

Now to read again and make my first cut. *Smileywithscissorssmiley*

Seraph

Registered
Reaction score
Variety, indeed. Some novel stuff. Didn't enter myself this time but really enjoying the reads. Gonna be a tricky vote.

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Finished my second scissor read - cut the 9 down to 5. Last read and final cut tomorrow. Some funny stuff in there. :)

Cernex

Registered
Reaction score
Read the first two stories and the poems.

Pretty enjoyable tales, nice!

Last edited:

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Read 'em all. Indeed, they did subvert, twist, parody, and otherwise mess with the regular romance/Valentine's Day tropes, motifs, and themes. I found the entries blackly humorous, decidedly off-kilter, more than a tad askew. Some, more than others. Some, a lot more. . .
As Mac said, it's all good. :D

HarryHoskins

Straw-fed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Last cut cut and the votes from the United Kingdom are in.

Good job everyone. :)

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Okay, Harry, time to scoot over. . .

Hey, Haiku person is kicking butt and that ain't no surprise! Come see! There's an eclectic assortment of twisted Valentine goodness just waiting for you, so take you pick -- There's an Asshole Jar, a wink and a kink, Cupie Boopie, el cheapo gifto (it's the thought that counts!), Hideous Beastie and True Love Tex, Miguel the Venereologist, sweet love poison, Jim Good's crotch and one really long-ass turd.

I hope I didn't forget anybody!!! If I did, a pox on. . .

HarryHoskins. :D

Enjoy, and don't forget to do your civic doody!

Last edited:

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Fact: My submission is pretty much tanking.
Fact: Everybody who submitted an entry is a winner!
Extrapolation: I submitted an entry, ergo. . .

Aw, man, my submission is getting spanked! But it's okay! We're all winners! :e2woo:

:Hail: And this winner bows to Haiku! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.