• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for writing buddy for motivation

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Dream_Writer

Dreamy fictionalist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dreamystoryteller.tumblr.com
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a writing buddy who can help motivate me, and vice versa. And perhaps share interests and help each other on dealing with writing itself. I'm not looking for someone with big credentials (although that may certainly help!), but someone who's writing fiction with an absolute passion and enthusiasm. I'd appreciate it if we would meet each other (through whatever form of communication;msn, skype...) frequently, like an hour a day, four or five days in a week. And keep ourselves up-to-date of each others works, but most important of all: to keep each other writing.

This first novel that I'm writing is a mix of drama and adventure, set in a feudalistic and fictional Asian setting. And I would say that war and romantic themes are present.

I'm currently stuck on a word-count of 27K. And I feel that a lack of motivation has to do with the current stagnation. My goal is to have at least 100K and I hope to achieve that as soon as possible.

With best of wishes,

KJH

Blankard

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Heya KJH! Congrats on your progress of 27k. 100k words is hefty for a first novel but it's not impossible.

I'd be interested in being a writing buddy for ya. I don't have official certified credentials but I'm an avid writer and frequent reader. I'm in the process of writing a series of (Fantasy) novels and know exactly how you feel. Plus, there's always a special place in my heart for a "feudalistic and fictional Asian setting."

Get back to me if you're interested. I've been in the market for a writing buddy for sometime myself and it'd be great to connect. Recently got involved with Twitter and enjoying it; find me @JesseRebock if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.