I Need a Cookie...

Rose English

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can I have a cookie to go with the Tollhouse baking chocolate chips (with a whitish bloom on them) I just pigged out on? It's been a groundhog kind of day.

I know, there goes the diet. I'm going to hate myself in the morning.

paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, yesterday a neighbor's dog attacked a nest of feral kittens killing all but one. :( Horrible. My daughter saved the last one, black and white, one week old kitten. We fed it every three hours around the clock. The vet says it's healthy and will live. I'm sooooooooo tired. Can I have a cookie?

JMC2009

Your friendly neighborhood Chat Op
Registered
Reaction score
I have to be up in 5 hours, at work in 7 for a 12 hour day.

mugwort

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.societyfordaintydamsels.com
Before I give you a cookie I need to know what kind. Hope it perks up your mood. I'm feeling down and discouraged since nobody is reviewing my writing. Of course I realize, at least I hope, members here have outside lives. Heck so do I. Just telling my feelings. Not saying their justified.

Write_Askew

Registered
Reaction score
I quit my job two months ago because I was miserable and my lovely wife said I should focus full-time on my writing. I've busted tail and I finally submitted, just a few moments ago, my MS to Avon in response to the NaRoWriMo call for submissions. I am an absolute nervous wreck.

Can I have a cookie?

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
West of somewhere and a click south of nowhere
Website
www.sandy-james.com
I quit my job two months ago because I was miserable and my lovely wife said I should focus full-time on my writing. I've busted tail and I finally submitted, just a few moments ago, my MS to Avon in response to the NaRoWriMo call for submissions. I am an absolute nervous wreck.

Can I have a cookie?

Here's a whole tray. Enjoy. And good luck!!

Write_Askew

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Shameless, you know how to make friends. Do you want one? I'll share....

cameomac

Geek girl since 1977
Registered
Reaction score
I finally got rid of my writer's block. Can I have a cookie? :D

Write_Askew

Registered
Reaction score
You can have all the cookies you want, as long as you keep writing!

When the block comes back (it always does, doesn't it???) and the Muse is fickle, I'll be waiting here with cookie dough and some tasty beverages...

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sandy-james.com
Need a cookie and a hand hold please!!

My new book released today--The Impetuous Amazon. I'm utterly TERRIFIED. The first book in the series sold so well, it's now Carina Press's #1 fantasy romance. But now...there's not special pricing so I'm so worried the new book will crash and burn. :gone:

Am I the only one who worries about this stuff??

Where's the flippin' chocolate???

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sandy-james.com
I have a bar of dark chocolate if you want some. It's been staring me in the face and making comments under its breath about how January diets are a most terrible idea, so you'd be doing me a favor by eating it.

Good luck with the new release! :D

Thanks, but I'm in the same boat!! Damn New Year's Resolution... grumble, gripe, complain.

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score

My new book released today--The Impetuous Amazon. I'm utterly TERRIFIED. The first book in the series sold so well, it's now Carina Press's #1 fantasy romance. But now...there's not special pricing so I'm so worried the new book will crash and burn. :gone:

Congratulations! take a deep breath, it will sell :)

Have an oatmeal cranberry chocolate chip cookie. Oats are fiber, and good for cholesterol, dark chocolate is good for ummm anti-oxidants, and cranberries are Vit C. Pfft, take 2, they're health food!

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sandy-james.com
Congratulations! take a deep breath, it will sell :)

Have an oatmeal cranberry chocolate chip cookie. Oats are fiber, and good for cholesterol, dark chocolate is good for ummm anti-oxidants, and cranberries are Vit C. Pfft, take 2, they're health food!

Thanks!! Sounds like a great "fix" for my chocolate problem!! :snoopy:

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score

You are not the only one who worries about such things, believe me. I had a release yesterday, too, and am having a tough time staying off of Amazon and Goodreads and such. Gah.

Hugs and chocolate may be the only cure. I can share one of these :Hug2:, but I already ate the chocolate. ;)

Ann_Mayburn

Smutty McTitters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annmayburn.com
Got a very prompt, and very nice, pass on a MS from Random House because they have a book series very similar to what I submitted coming out already.-sniff- However, the managing editor invited me to submit to her with anything else I have so that's pretty awesome. Gotta find that silver lining, peeps. ;)

Ann_Mayburn

Smutty McTitters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annmayburn.com
Shameless- The more successful a first book is the more I dread writing the second. :p I have this terrible fear that I'll let everyone down, they'll hate me, it was a one hit wonder, it will suck, etc etc etc. Glad to see being neurotic comes with the territory. ;)

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sandy-james.com
Shameless- The more successful a first book is the more I dread writing the second. :p I have this terrible fear that I'll let everyone down, they'll hate me, it was a one hit wonder, it will suck, etc etc etc. Glad to see being neurotic comes with the territory. ;)

It's so great to know I'm not alone!!! Thanks! :Hug2:

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sandy-james.com
Got a very prompt, and very nice, pass on a MS from Random House because they have a book series very similar to what I submitted coming out already.-sniff- However, the managing editor invited me to submit to her with anything else I have so that's pretty awesome. Gotta find that silver lining, peeps. ;)

That's what my agents call a "good rejection."
Have a nice cookie!!! :e2cookie:

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score

Stinks to get the rejection, but as far as rejections go, that is a great one. :Hug2: