Fantasy Romance with a Non-Alpha hero?

Status
Not open for further replies.

srgalactica

Registered
Reaction score
I'm writing a fantasy trilogy with a strong romance element. The heroine is a bad-ass assassin and the hero is a healer. I was looking for some fantasy romance books with hero's that are not alpha. I guess I wanted to see the dynamic where the woman is more take-charge then the man.

Any suggestions?

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I'll buy it, in a second. Other than that, all I can say is: good luck. I know of all of 2 published romances that fit this bill. I wish there were more.

srgalactica

Registered
Reaction score
I'll buy it, in a second. Other than that, all I can say is: good luck. I know of all of 2 published romances that fit this bill. I wish there were more.

Thanks Veinglory :) I think mine will fall under fantasy, rather than fantasy/romance...but for research purposes, I thought looking at romantic fantasy might be good for me. I know that in romance, the hero tends to be very alpha. There is a very alpha male character in the book as well, but he isn't the LI.

Would you mind telling me what those two published romances are? Thanks :)

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
The examples I can think of from fantasy, which I read more often, would seem to be nil. The examples that came to mind from romance were 'Taming the Forest King' by Claudia Edwards (fantasy, with romance elements) and a Harlequin the title of which escapes me (not fantasy)

Maybe other people will know of more alpha fem/beta man. I hope so.

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
I prefer beta heroes. Some alpha elements, but I think even within the gloss of HEA, it's easier for me to believe in and root for the betas.

Status
Not open for further replies.