American Horror Story

Chanelley

Registered
Reaction score
I have to get how I feel into words because right now my mind is all over the place. Warning, don't read if you haven't watched the last episode or the link posted above.

Firstly, I was under the impression that this was going to be a 90 minute finale and I think maybe it should have been. The whole episode felt incredibly rushed. I wanted to know what happened after the last episode ended. Exactly. I wanted to see Ben struggle longer. And I wanted there to be more interaction between him and his dead family. I was so disappointed.

Then all of that stuff with the new family who are there a grand total of five minutes. What the hell? Having read the article above, I suppose I see why it was done. To tell us that though there is evil in that house, there is good too who will try not to let evil win again. I just didn't think it was done well.

In all, the last episode felt cheesy. The Christmas tree and the baby and the devil child with the nanny. Cheese. I expected so much more out of this and I was left feeling like someone had punctured a hole through my bubble of joy at this show. I wish, wish I'd never watched this episode so my bubble could still be intact. How could it have gone from such a high to such a low?

Meh, I think now I know the next season will be an all new location and all new ghosts, I'll watch. Though, how you can bring back some of the old actors and have them play new roles is beyond me.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
Was it the last five minutes..."Three Years Later" with Constance and evil grandkid? Yeah that was :censored -ed up definitely.

DancingMaenid

New kid...seven years ago!
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd mind the whole thing about switching to a new location with new characters (because that could be interesting), but it feels like there's still undeveloped stuff with these characters.

Like, am I mistaken, or did Constance say she had four children? Weren't we supposed to find out who the fourth child was?

And it felt like there was an unfinished arc with Moira wanting her body to be discovered and for Constance to pay for what she did. There wasn't really any closure there.

Reaction score
Cannot wait till the new locale. Hated that house-reminds me of the Lemp mansion in St Louis- and that is a bad memory to have as my wife fell down a flight of stairs at that haunted place.

Last edited:

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
American Horror Story: Asylum looks darkly amazing, as expected. Sooo glad actors like Evan Peters, Zach Quinto, and Jessica Lange are back.

I saw this episode and couldn't help but think of Steven Spielberg's "Taken" with the alien-ish bit and it being set in the '60s. Interesting and familiar idea behind the asylum taking in sane people to "fix" them. Such dark and demented territory to explore.

I'm already excited for the rest of the season!!

itsmary

have faith, restart
Registered
Reaction score
Really interesting premiere. I was skeptical at first, since the story and most of the cast is different. But I think it'll be a good season. And from what I understand, we'll get to see more of the season 1 characters at some point as well.

strawberryblondie

Registered
Reaction score
I couldn't get into last season, but I liked the new promos so I ended up watching the premiere last night. I thought it was pretty good and I'm excited to watch next week's episode.

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
Last season failed hard around episode 5 and got worse from there on. It was fucking painful to watch the last couple episodes. I don't think I can take that again.

JohnnyGottaKeyboard

Who let this guy in...?
Registered
Reaction score
On the rooftoop where he climbed when the laughter
More and more, Ryan Murphy is striking me as the 21st Century Tennessee Williams, only if TW had never scored the occasional Glass Menagerie or Streetcar and instead just kept writing Sweet Bird of Youth over and over again.

I love the horror story, but I wish he'd STOP writing these miserable queer characters. I don't have a clue as to his personal issues, but enough with the stereotypes and the weakness.

Sure it was the sixties (altho the mid to late sixties, so there was lots of organizing going on) and I'm certain lots of queer people were pushed around and blackmailed and bullied, but I think if you love someone, no matter what the cost, you're not going to let that person lanquish in a horrible asylum. That just really pissed me off.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
I love the horror story, but I wish he'd STOP writing these miserable queer characters. I don't have a clue as to his personal issues, but enough with the stereotypes and the weakness.

I mentioned that in the other thread, too. You would think that a openly gay man could create some better gay characters.

Gil Paul

Registered
Reaction score
I loved the first season and think the new season is off to an amazing start. Maybe I am just starved for horror that is better than Paranormal 4 or 5.. whatever they are up to. Terrible. They will make you jump but its one cheap scare after another.

TorontoGirl

Write on, write on...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm new to American Horror Story. I'm not reading any of the spoilers above. I'm making my way through the first season and I seriously need a good brain-scrubbing. Twisted is too mild a word. Holy cow.

AshleyEpidemic

Did you see my bag?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.soipondered.wordpress.com
I am not sure how I feel about this season so far. I like the majority of the things I have seen. It is the alien angle, and the true nature of bloody face that is throwing me. While I know I won't get all answers, I am hoping that the alien bit is resolved quickly because it doesn't seem to fit.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
I see that. I'm hooked, that's for damn sure :)

That's the goal :)

I am not sure how I feel about this season so far. I like the majority of the things I have seen. It is the alien angle, and the true nature of bloody face that is throwing me. While I know I won't get all answers, I am hoping that the alien bit is resolved quickly because it doesn't seem to fit.

Yeah, the alien thing threw me, but I'm sure it'all come together by the end, if not midway through the season. Bloody Face baffles me. I think they referred to the gas station guy as him when he was admitted to the asylum for supposedly murdering women, including his new wife. But the creature (Bloody Face I assume) chasing after the newlywed couple in the decrepit asylum is another story. I haven't quite connected the two characters in any way yet.

AshleyEpidemic

Did you see my bag?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Bloody Face baffles me. I think they referred to the gas station guy as him when he was admitted to the asylum for supposedly murdering women, including his new wife. But the creature (Bloody Face I assume) chasing after the newlywed couple in the decrepit asylum is another story. I haven't quite connected the two characters in any way yet.

They definitely did call him Bloody Face multiple times throughout the episode. I believe it is because the authorities believe that he skinned his wife and the others. It makes the connection between him and the creature of the same name confusing. Both beings exist at the same time, with the same nickname. Unless the creature adopted the name from him. I really need to figure out his name.

AshleyEpidemic

Did you see my bag?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
After last night, it just feel like a cluster. I don't see the rules of this place The show feels like it is everywhere. I wish they toned it down a little bit. I can't seem to find the underlying tone of the season, except for intolerance.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
I am guilty of missing the last episode and last half of the one prior. But I'm also an episode behind on Glee.

Please forgive me!!!!!!!!!! :D

I really want to discuss as soon as I'm in the know.

strawberryblondie

Registered
Reaction score
Whyyyyy are we not talking about this!??

I really want to talk about it too. Spoilers in white for those who are behind:

I wasn't at all surprised about Thredson being Bloody Face. Pretty much the second they announced there would be a serial killer this season, I figured it would be ZQ's character. He's just way too good at playing psycho for them to pass that opportunity up. I thought the reveal was awesome and creepy, though I need to go rewatch because I totally missed the nipples on the lamp the first time around. I'm really interested to discover why he's so fascinated with Lana. And I feel so bad for her! Briarcliff probably sounds like heaven compared to what she's going through now.

Gil Paul

Registered
Reaction score
Spoilers in white? Such a cool idea! A couple of thoughts follow:

I love the mood of the show but I am also wondering if they are not trying to pursue too many threads at one time. I guess you can tie the Nazi and Zombies together - that sort of fits. But the aliens?

What was the deal with Anne Frank? Are we supposed to beleive she was just a sad sick woman or was that really Frank?

I have to say that when the shrink turns on the lamp and you can see the nipples, it may be the creepiest TV moment OF ALL TIME!

Not a spoiler so back to black - Jessica Lange is just absolutly incredible. Over acting a bit? Maybe - but she is can and still be amazing. For me, her performances are one of the highlights of the show.

Regards,

Gil

Last edited:

strawberryblondie

Registered
Reaction score
I agree, Jessica's amazing. I expected to hate Sister Jude, but she's grown on me, mostly because of Jessica's performance. When they were talking about her getting thrown out, I realized how much I want her to stay and bring Dr. Arden down.

Gil, re: your stuff in white: I actually like the aliens, because it reminds me of Fire In the Sky. That's always been an interesting story to me because I live very close to where that particular abduction supposedly happened. And I love sci-fi, especially mixed with horror. But I agree that this season feels unfocused in some ways. There's a lot going on, for sure.

I really expected that the "Anne Frank" character would be a holocaust survivor who convinced herself she was Anne as a way to deal with her experience. I heard the actress was only contracted for those 2 episodes, so I guess we are supposed to believe she was just sick. I don't know, though, the Stepford Wives-ish way they left things made it feel like there was more to her story.