Collaborate With Famous Authors (by Google)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomethingOrOther

-
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.google.com/campaigns/gonegoogle/demos.html

It lets you work alongside Shakespeare, Nietzsche, Dostoevsky, Dickinson, Dickens, and Poe.

So far my piece isn't coming along all that well. We still need to discover our team chemistry.
"Once upon a time, there was a monkey who loved to play with bananas", he growled incoherently. He was a snub-nosed, flat-browed, common-faced boy; he got a banana from the market and chucked it at a stranger, who said, "Ouch, you're a monkey who just chucked a banana at me!" ... Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.​
The last sentence was Dickens's—after a short pause on my part.

edit: Shakespeare just changed "man" to "wretched soul bruised with adversity."

edit 2: I just typed "Shakespeare is very wordy," and Shakespeare *immediately* jumped in and tacked on "the handsome and lovely" to the beginning, which Poe just as quickly changed to "the dreadful and lonely."

Share your passages if you come up with anything. :)

Last edited:

heza

Registered
Reaction score
They were mostly just doing the same thing over and over again when I tried, but on my third attempt, they got into a little war.

I had written "Dickens is repetitive." Then Emily immediately changed it to Dickinson. Charles changed it back to Dickens. She changed it, again, to Dickinson. And then he abruptly changed it to Oliver Twist. So Oliver Twist is repetitive, according to Dickens.

ETA: hahaha.... now, Dickens wrote something, and then Poe changed "place" to "dark unfathomed space". I wrote "Poe makes things darker." Emily added "Edgar the ever tormented and woeful soul;"... and then Poe made a :(

ETA2:... I tried to add another line, but Poe backed it up and wrote THE END. I guess he's done.

Last edited:

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
Lol! This was awesome! I got into a little war also. They kept making everything I typed make no sense.:ROFL:

Can I post the whole thing here?

TomGrimm

Registered
Reaction score
Poe just wrote "I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat"... Not as dialogue, or a coherent part of the story. Apparently Poe just really likes cats.

muravyets

Old revolutionary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Nietzsche just added something stupid, so I inserted the line "'You idiot,' I said." Shakespeare edited it to "Thou idiot." :D

Result = Genius, clearly!

On an exceptionally hot evening in Guatemala, I ordered a beer. An hour behind the fleeting noon --
"A good writer possesses not only his own spirit but also the spirit of his friends."
"Thou idiot," I said. "Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him."
"I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat."
"I wish you could, too. When does the revolution eagerly begin?"
The trams had not lithely dashed for hours. [ETA:] I do not wish to make myself a laughing stock before these fools.
I'm not sure how I feel about this app's assumption that the Masters were all about modifiers.

ETA: Oh, while I wasn't looking, Dostoyevksy added that last one. He's my new favorite.

Last edited:

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Here's mine:

My coffee was very rimy! I distinctly had no idea why. As well as inappropriate adverbs kept popping into my head. Quite why, I do absolutely know. They, who didn't smell the fire burning, change my sentences into nonsense. Why does this keep inevitably happening? And these unnecessary adverbs are fit to drive me crazed! Mad, I hushedly tell you! However, shush, be quiet. There are those that are deeply slumbering. Their luminous windows twitch and lips tremble. They dream within a dream of chasing rabbits. " Ears flapping and paws thumping" said she, in the same hurried passionate whisper. But shush here voraciously comes the cat. An hour behind the fleeting breath... Let not sloth dim your horrors new-begot.

This is great fun!

thebloodfiend

Cory
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thebooklantern.com
Dickens and Poe are just damned annoying. Nietzsche was the only one who made a change I approve of.

I started with this:
My first class, United States History, started at eight. Navigating to the classroom wasn’t that difficult. I followed James down the hall. He barely showered not four minutes ago. I’d taken mine the night before.
And watched them edit it to this:
To love is so startling it leaves... My inaugural class, United States History, started at eight. "Navigating to the classroom wasn’t that difficult" replied Oliver, "I want some more". I trailed James down the hall. He barely showered absolutely four minutes ago. I’d taken mine the night before. I do not wish to make myself a laughing-stock before these idle listeners.

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kkelliewriteme.wordpress.com
I wrote something, I can't remember now what the heck it was and somebody typed something ridiculous, to which I replied, "REALLY?" Which was instantly changed to "Doth thou jest?" That's funny. . .

JournoWriter

Just the facts, please
Registered
Reaction score
I plopped in some Shakespeare, and everyone had their way with it, even Shakespeare:

Alas, poor Yorick! Nevermore! I instinctually knew him, Horatio: a fellow
of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: a swaggering scoundrel, he hath
borne me on his back a thousand times; as well as now, how
abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rims at
it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know
not how oft. Where zealously be your gibes now? In everything one great engine forcing itself through turbid water is impossible: rationality. your
gambols? your songs? Thy flashes of merriment,
that were wont to set the iniquitous altar on a roar? Not one
now, to mock your own grinning? quite cha Morality is the herd-instinct in the individual.p-fallen? There are no eternal facts, as there are no absolute truths.
Now get you to my lady's chamber, and hushedly tell her, let
her paint an inch thick, to this favour she must
Voraciously come; make her wretched cry at that. Prithee, Horatio, tell me one marvelous, gentle, even magnanimous thing.

sunandshadow

Impractical Fantasy Animal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
This is very amusing. Certainly needs tweaking though - if the word "he" appears a bunch of times in the first paragraph, the AIs should figure out not to suddenly switch to second person. And they need more of a mad-libs approach where they echo back your choice of nouns.

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
Hehe Poe just changed 'sugar' to 'grains of golden sand.'

The sad thing is this actually got me writing. And then, just as a story was starting to emerge...Poe stepped in and typed 'THE END' :(

Status
Not open for further replies.