The Fangster Summer of Doom--now with more pancake! (Volume II)

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm barely keeping up with the promo work I need to do for BINSIDLY because of this overtime at work. I've been doing 5 to 15 hours a week since, oh, NOVEMBER. It's finally showing signs of abating but we'll know for sure tomorrow (which is what I was told yesterday and the day before that and the day before that, etc.)

But doesn't that mean more money for even more promo work? Win/win, yes? :D

I'm three chapters from the end of ALLEGIANCE, the third book for my Tor series. This one has been like pulling teeth, but I'm pleased with the results. I should be able to send this off to my editor in March.
Oh and we started the process for buying a house.

That's awesome. Congrats on the house eqb! House warming partay!

Taking some time off to re-assess things. I hit a bit of a crossroads earlier this week and it's given me a LOT to think about.

I hope that's a good fork in the road (pardon the pun) JC.

Finishing the first draft of a contracted long short story, editing novella #3, promo stuff, planning the next writing project, already freaking out over going to the Romantic Times con in April. Also job stuff and, like Jerz, reassessing things.

You are the busiest cat DJ I know. (most are lazy, ya know?) Good luck on everything. You make me tired just reading your post.

Just got home from the hospital and am lying on the couch. I am doing very well and I am going to be completely off from Musa until I can pick up my laptop. So I plan to do some world building and maybe read for fun. Just to be different. Thanks for all the good wishes guys. I really appreciate them and all of you. :)

Yay! :snoopy:

However, barely home and already on the computer? Shouldn't you be taking a long break from this modern technology? I hope your recovery goes well Miss M but remember to REST, and follow up on whatever physical therapy the doc wants you to do. I hope this latest surgery finally gives you some long term relief.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
I sound busier than I am, trust me. I fritter away far too much time on the interwebz.

Rest up, Celina!

eqb

I write novels
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.claireodell.com
That's awesome. Congrats on the house eqb! House warming partay!

Thanks! Here's the view from the patio:

house-04.jpg

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
That is one heck of a view. Gorgeous!

Hey fangsters who can't make it to RTCon, do you have promo stuff you'd like me to hand out so I can pimp your books?

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
It looks so perfect for writing and relaxing with a good cup of coffee/tea. A fire pit when the weather is cool.

I'd buy just for that view, despite the renovations. It wouldn't be the first time we would have to renovate.

eqb

I write novels
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.claireodell.com
I'd buy just for that view, despite the renovations. It wouldn't be the first time we would have to renovate.

Pretty much why we went ahead and offered on the house. The kitchen is a wreck, the bathrooms are 1960s ugly, but the view is amazing. Oh, and imagine you can hear a waterfall from not too far away.

Esopha

bam pow zap.
Registered
Reaction score
Finals are in 2 weeks, and then I'm going to France.

*side eyes life*

Eqb, that view is gorgeous! And that pool is lovely. I'm sure it's worth the kitchen and bathroom. :D

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Are we still supposed to be entertaining you? ;)

How are you feeling hon?

I demand an update!

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Um...I feel like crap.

Yeah. That about sums it up. I've left the severe pain part of recovery and have entered the "Oh, I'd feel better if I could just stand/sit/lie down on my back/side/side and write/edit/clean house without pain/pain/pain." portion of it.

*sigh*

I'd rather have the pain. It's a hell of a lot easier to medicate incision pain than it is to medicate sheer unadulterated boredom. But enough about me--how are you?

Esopha

bam pow zap.
Registered
Reaction score
Lil Squick! where have you been?

At school. But now we're entering finals week(s) and I'm procrastinating. So I decided to stop by here because it's probably more entertaining than my usual methods of procrastination. :D

I'm sorry you keep having so many back problems. Back injuries are the absolute worst. You can't move or do anything. (Have you tried acupuncture? It helped my dad a lot. Some therapeutic acupuncture after you recover from surgery might prevent future injury?)

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
LMAO--!

Gods love you, child, but if anyone tried to do acupuncture on my spine, all that will be accomplished is a mess of bent needles. Unfortunately, the best case scenario for this surgery is a 40% reduction in pain, maybe 50. This surgery, however, did (hopefully) create a successful fusion to stabilize that broken disc which will prevent the damned thing from causing any more damage.

While in Paris, be sure to start your mornings off at a neighborhood patisserie. Croissants with butter--real butter--dipped into a cup of steaming French coffee is absolute bliss, and only to be bested by dipping said buttered croissant into got chocolate made the REAL way.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Um...I feel like crap.

Yeah. That about sums it up. I've left the severe pain part of recovery and have entered the "Oh, I'd feel better if I could just stand/sit/lie down on my back/side/side and write/edit/clean house without pain/pain/pain." portion of it.

*sigh*

I'd rather have the pain. It's a hell of a lot easier to medicate incision pain than it is to medicate sheer unadulterated boredom. But enough about me--how are you?

:( I know it sucks, but I'd rather you be bored then in severe pain. Continue to be bored and rest. Rest, rest, rest.

Don't you DARE try to clean any portion of the house. Do we need to send someone over to watch you 24/7? Stop it. (Even if you haven't actually attempted that, I know you're thinking about it. Stop that too.)

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
*looks up from dusting*

I'm sorry--what did you say?

Unfortunately, tonight I kind of have to. My daughters are on the way up with the babies--and Addyson is a LITTLE baby--two months old. I have to de-cat hair the living room before they get here.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Your daughters can "de-cat" hair the living room when they get there. Or at least one of them can while the other watches the babies.

Stop it. You are going to regret it later. You know you always do too much. You need to rest Miss M.

We need another AW member to go over to your house and dust for you. *sends a shout out*