The NFL 2012 Season

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Seattles defense just does not look as sharp as they have been. Maybe two road playoff games is taking its toll...

On the offensive side, Wilson is starting to make plays with his legs...

20-7 Atlanta still, but Atlanta is moving the ball...

benluby

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
So Atlanta finally wins a playoff game. Next week should be interesting. And now I get to watch the Texans and Pats. Come on Pats.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Got to give the Seahawks credit for making a comeback and taking the lead for a short bit of time. They're going to be a tough team to stop next year now that Russel has a bit more experience.

benluby

Registered
Reaction score
You should have stuck around for the second half. Hell of a game!

Damn wife and kids like to eat once in a while, and the electric company actually makes me pay for it!!! Gestapo mother....I'll stop here.
Part of the joys of being self employed in a market that is just horrible right now.

Ed Panther

Banned
Reaction score
Tom Brady typically has 4-8 seconds to throw, and always has a wide open receiver about 8 yards down field on either a slant or crossing pattern.

benluby

Registered
Reaction score
Texans are in for a long, sad flight home.

Ed Panther

Banned
Reaction score
It's so obvious during Patriots games that the commentators want the Patriots to win. Earlier in the game the Patriots had a 20 yard run and the commentator freaked out more during the play than the commentators did last night on the Ravens 70 yard touchdown to Jacoby Jones.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Barring a miracle, it's going to be the Patriots hosting the Ravens in the AFC championship for the second year in a row. Wonder if that's ever happened before.

Ed Panther

Banned
Reaction score
What do you know? Brady bailed out by a bogus defensive holding penalty. How typical. He continues his legacy.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Have to admit, I didn't stick around to hear the second half. I always find Pats games a bit dull, tbh. Although that may have been because of the radio commentators.

kenthepen

Registered
Reaction score
I was relieved... thought the Falcons had blown it out their collective... defense. Good save.

Unlike Bronco's jaw-droppingly bad secondary play.

ETA: I agree with the holding call; overall there was a definite lack of such penalties called in ALL the games this weekend. Sure, there's "letting them play," but when it has such a huge effect on the game? CALL 'EM.

Ed Panther

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder how many times against the Ravens Hernandez will be allowed to run 12 yards down field, pancake a defender, and then catch the ball wife open and not get called for offensive PI? That's exactly what happened on the 43 yard play that led to the Patriots touchdown after halftime. I wonder how differently the game would've been if the Texans got the ball back down 17-13 (what should've happened) instead of 24-13.

The texans sure did collapse though. They lost to the Colts by double digits in the last game of the season, when a win would've given them a first week bye. They were probably the 2nd worst of the 12 playoff teams, and third worst if RG3 wasn't injured.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
If the Ravens to beat the Patriots, it'll definitely be an interesting match up no matter which NFC team they face. On the one hand, you have the Harbaugh-bowl. On the other hand, with the Ravens vs Falcons, you get two quarterbacks that were drafting the same year in the first round going against each other.