Bragging Rights: Let us congratulate you! (Please excuse the brag.)

Saba

Registered
Reaction score
I recently became a contributor to one of the national newspapers. I just sent a query letter on a whim and now I write film and book reviews. Now, I'm going to try get some work with regional magazines.

anne_holly

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I finally finished the last round of edits on a piece about Charlie Chaplin that a mag in the UK required before they'd publish it (cuts, cuts, cuts)! This thing has been languishing in the editor's email archives for a long, long time - it'll be so good to have it printed. And to finally get that cheque!

anne_holly

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I recently became a contributor to one of the national newspapers. I just sent a query letter on a whim and now I write film and book reviews. Now, I'm going to try get some work with regional magazines.

Hey - that's great, Saba! I am sure the newspaper lines on the CV will help elsewhere. WTG!

LeslieB

Geek Unique
Registered
Reaction score
I had a couple of articles accepted by a content site. Yes, I know that's not a huge accomplishment, but it does move me into the realm of professional writer, since it is the very first time I've gotten paid for anything. So I'm happy.

Liz Kelly

Registered
Reaction score
Sent a pitch to Games magazine and had a positive reply the following day. It's going to be a good year!

Liz Kelly

Registered
Reaction score
Just got an acceptance from Curve magazine. That's two magazine acceptances this January. My query blitz is paying off!

hayray13

Registered
Reaction score
Last week, I got my first story published as a stringer for the regional newspaper, over the Wakarusa music festival. It isn't much, but it's completely professional! It kept my smiling through 6 hours working fast food :)

gambit78

Registered
Reaction score
Cleopatra, may I ask where you query for ideas for bankrate.com?

Thanks.

ramsey

somewhere between here and there.
Registered
Reaction score
it's just something small, only 713 words (by demand), so it almost seems silly to want to brag about it, but I was one of 8 who were selected for this month's Kazka Press 713 prompt.

http://kazkapress.wordpress.com/flash-fiction-contest/just-before-sunrise/

They put the wrong name up, it should be my writing name "Ramsey Kingston", but I emailed them already to fix it so... pft. But yeah. It's the first thing I've ever submitted for publication so having my first sub get accepted is exciting, even if it's not in my preferred writing style. and if people like it enough I can get into the quarterly print anthology. :]

Melina

Getting better all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.atozwordsmith.com
Let's revive this thread! Let us congratulate you!

Okay, folks--it's been a while, but I think this thread is uplifting and would be incredibly helpful for a lot of us.

Soooooooo...tell us! Have you had a query accepted lately? Broken into a market you've never been able to crack before? Gotten a first-ever paycheck?

Tell us about a recent success (no matter how big or small)--you deserve some props, and we love to see how perseverance pays off!

jeffo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ober.org
Ok, you asked... one day last month I sent out 4 queries-- and got 4 acceptances! It was a truly awesome feeling. By now, all four articles (three different magazines) have been written and submitted. They're just waiting publication time!

Rennet

Registered
Reaction score
Woohoo! Just landed my first buck-a-word. I've been banging my head against the wall for the past month on a 1000-words-for-$50 piece so this is quite refreshing (especially considering the article will be a piece of cake to write)